Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

  1. #71
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Excuse me but I don't believe it is the Right that caused these scandals for Christie. And it isn't the Right that is covering them ad nauseam in the media. It isn't the right forming a lynch mob in New Jersey to go after him. It is the Democrats. They are the ones hurting him.



    Poll: Controversies hurt Christie’s 2016 standing – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

    From the current polling Christie could not beat Hillary Clinton. So the campaign against Christie designed by the Democrats and promoted by the MSM seems to be working. So if they can manage to keep him embroiled in controversy as they have managed to do the past month, it won't get any better for him. So maybe you should start looking for another "savior".
    i think it would serve you well to recognize that it is a GOP GOV wannabe who is asking him to step down ... simply read the thread title
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #72
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,866

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i think it would serve you well to recognize that it is a GOP GOV wannabe who is asking him to step down ... simply read the thread title
    Cuccinelli voiced his opinion so what? He made a valid point. Whether Christie is guilty/innocent is irrelevant. Perception becomes reality and Christie loses his ability to raise the needed funds for the governors plus with the perception of possibly wrongdoing hanging over Christie's head, some governors may not want him helping them campaign for the obvious. There appears to be a growing wariness about Christie in the GOP’s rank-and-file. Cuccinelli only stated other's concerns. The recent poll I posted already shows this ordeal has been particularly damaging and eroding support for Christie especially with Independents. Bottom line if the Republican Governors get too uncomfortable with Christie's "situation", they will personally be asking him to step down as head of the RGA.

  3. #73
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    This is an uninformed post.
    How so? The dem base is flooded with the uneducated, essentially bought votes with the promise of hand outs. This isn't some big secret.

  4. #74
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    How so? The dem base is flooded with the uneducated, essentially bought votes with the promise of hand outs. This isn't some big secret.
    Christie merits support on the basis of the Buckley Rule: He's the most conservative electable POTUS candidate.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #75
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Christie merits support on the basis of the Buckley Rule: He's the most conservative electable POTUS candidate.
    What is electable?

    And since when is he a conservative?

  6. #76
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    What is electable?

    And since when is he a conservative?
    He's quite conservative. Electable means capable of winning an election.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #77
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    He's quite conservative. Electable means capable of winning an election.
    He's quite conservative?

    Where are you from? You're claiming that a rino is quite conservative.

    Rubio is conservative. Paul is conservative. Christie is a democrat that is more apt to give a few tax breaks here and there.


    By capable of winning an election, you mean "likable"?

  8. #78
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    He's quite conservative?

    Where are you from? You're claiming that a rino is quite conservative.

    Rubio is conservative. Paul is conservative. Christie is a democrat that is more apt to give a few tax breaks here and there.


    By capable of winning an election, you mean "likable"?
    I mean capable of putting together enough votes to win. "RINO" is a stupid term thrown around by the sort of political kamikaze pilots who have helped the Dems keep the Senate.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #79
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I mean capable of putting together enough votes to win. "RINO" is a stupid term thrown around by the sort of political kamikaze pilots who have helped the Dems keep the Senate.
    RINO is a clever term used to mark a faux republican.

  10. #80
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    RINO is a clever term used to mark a faux republican.
    I'm sure the Dems appreciate your work on their behalf.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •