Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81

Thread: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

  1. #51
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I've read enough of the stuff you have posted on this forum to conclude you are indeed one with watered down principles in relation to what was once considered the basic principles of the Republican party.
    I have dedicated much study to those who influenced the Founders. From Nicolo Machiavelli, Thomas Hobbes, James Harrington , John Locke, Charles de Montesquieu, Thomas Paine and John Stuart Mill. And by no means is that a complete list! If you assume you know more than me, then that alone is a sign of a man who assumes too much. To characterize me as a "dangerous thing" because of "little learning" would be words that could only be from a very arrogant, pompous person. Does the shoe fit?
    I assume nothing. Your posts are the basis of my assessment. If you actually understood what you claim to have read then you would not post as you do. Good night and good luck.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #52
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I assume nothing. Your posts are the basis of my assessment. If you actually understood what you claim to have read then you would not post as you do. Good night and good luck.
    Baloney, and good night don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out. Cheers!

  3. #53
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The last thing I read on possible candidates for the GOP came to a total of 38 viable possibilities.
    which of those 38 GOP prospects has a genuine chance to win the white house
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #54
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    which of those 38 GOP prospects has a genuine chance to win the white house
    Hi Bubba, well I can see several of them having a genuine chance because they are quite articulate and can offer a convincing argument why conservatism is needed to bring back balance and could no doubt express the need to restore the Constitution/the rule of law. Some are governors that have turned their states around due to sound fiscal polices, some are members of Congress that have done a stellar job representing their districts on the fundamentals in which they campaigned. They are a rare breed as they actually took to heart what they told their constituents they would do. While the media likes to claim Christie is the only hope for the GOP one needs to remember they said the same thing about McCain. It is too early to tell who will be the front runners. But there will be several who will be stellar picks this time around, in my opinion.

  5. #55
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Hi Bubba, well I can see several of them having a genuine chance because they are quite articulate and can offer a convincing argument why conservatism is needed to bring back balance and could no doubt express the need to restore the Constitution/the rule of law. Some are governors that have turned their states around due to sound fiscal polices, some are members of Congress that have done a stellar job representing their districts on the fundamentals in which they campaigned. They are a rare breed as they actually took to heart what they told their constituents they would do. While the media likes to claim Christie is the only hope for the GOP one needs to remember they said the same thing about McCain. It is too early to tell who will be the front runners. But there will be several who will be stellar picks this time around, in my opinion.
    and of those 38 you could not point to a single one who stands a good chance to win the white house
    which shows that there is no other GOP candidate on the horizon who can win the presidency
    except the one his fellow republicans are bashing
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #56
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and of those 38 you could not point to a single one who stands a good chance to win the white house
    which shows that there is no other GOP candidate on the horizon who can win the presidency
    except the one his fellow republicans are bashing
    Morning Bubba, we will have to agree to disagree. I see several possible candidates but no one has really officially thrown their hat into the ring......not even Christie. When that happens, I'll be glad to give you the names of those I think would make a good president and why.

  7. #57
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Morning Bubba, we will have to agree to disagree. I see several possible candidates but no one has really officially thrown their hat into the ring......not even Christie. When that happens, I'll be glad to give you the names of those I think would make a good president and why.
    the point is you can name no one because there is no GOP prospect who stands a chance to win
    without christie in the race, the white house remains the democrat's to lose
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #58
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the point is you can name no one because there is no GOP prospect who stands a chance to win
    without christie in the race, the white house remains the democrat's to lose
    Bubba, before the presidential election, we have a very important mid-term election this year. The head of the RGA (Christie) who plays a big role in fundraising for other governor races. Every night the MSM continues to follow the Christie story, Bridgegate. There have been other allegations piling on top. When you have a governor being covered in a bad light nationally, it hampers their ability to raise the needed funding for the RGA. Do you remember the coverage that the MSM dedicated to the Mark Sanford scandal? Every night it was on the nightly news. More time was dedicated to that story about his infidelity than all the broken promises/abuse of powers in the first year of the Obama administration. While all this was going on Mark Sanford, governor of South Carolina was also the head of the RGA and was asked to step down and Haley Barbour of Mississippi took his place. Why? because of the scandal plaguing Sanford making him ineffective. By the way Sanford was also seen as a real contender for the next presidential election before the scandal broke. You can always count on the MSM to cover a story ad nauseam if it will make Republicans look corrupt. It's a crying shame they didn't do such in depth reporting on Obama in vetting him prior to the election and during his first term. For if they had done their job, good chance he never would have been elected in the first place.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    For one thing he wanted to shut down the Department of Education and return the duties to the states.
    Yes Reagan did say during the campaign of 1980 that he wanted to eliminate the Dept of Education but by 1983 he was actually using the Dept to promote the conservative idea of standardized testing of students. Like a lot of politicians, Reagan said lots of stuff on the campaign trail that he never pushed once he was in the Oval Office.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  10. #60
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: Cuccinelli says Christie should quit RGA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    In RWR's own words:

    "When I began entering into the give and take of legislative bargaining in Sacramento, a lot of the most radical conservatives who had supported me during the election didn't like it.


    "Compromise" was a dirty word to them and they wouldn't face the fact that we couldn't get all of what we wanted today. They wanted all or nothing and they wanted it all at once. If you don't get it all, some said, don't take anything.


    "I'd learned while negotiating union contracts that you seldom got everything you asked for. And I agreed with FDR, who said in 1933: 'I have no expectations of making a hit every time I come to bat. What I seek is the highest possible batting average.'


    "If you got seventy-five or eighty percent of what you were asking for, I say, you take it and fight for the rest later, and that's what I told these radical conservatives who never got used to it."
    Bit of a problem for the present GOP as the Tea Party types refuse compromise, acting more like religious fanatics than rational human beings.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •