Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 257

Thread: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JoCo Kansas
    Last Seen
    03-01-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    373

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    i'm gonna waste my time and bite on this one.

    so how are you negatively effected by a small oklahoma town voting to allow the ten commandments in the courthouse. then I'll explain why you aren't making any sense.

    also, I used the word liberal to begin my post. Sorry if that was such a horrible slur in your eyes.
    He didn't say it was a horrible slur. He said it was telling.

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JoCo Kansas
    Last Seen
    03-01-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    373

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    i'm gonna waste my time and bite on this one.

    so how are you negatively effected by a small oklahoma town voting to allow the ten commandments in the courthouse. then I'll explain why you aren't making any sense.

    also, I used the word liberal to begin my post. Sorry if that was such a horrible slur in your eyes.
    Also....the commandments aren't IN the courthouse.

  3. #213
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    1.)i'm gonna waste my time and bite on this one.

    2.)so how are you negatively effected by a small oklahoma town voting to allow the ten commandments in the courthouse.

    3.)then I'll explain why you aren't making any sense.

    4.) also, I used the word liberal to begin my post. Sorry if that was such a horrible slur in your eyes.
    1.) nothing to bite, its not bait i was simply pointing out how they are factually different i didnt even offer my OPINION on top of the fact they are different lol

    2.) me directly? personally? well since im a christian it doesn't BUT i do see it as backdooring rules, laws, separation of church and state, not having state sponsored religion and regulations that exist.

    and one is equal rights.

    HUGE difference

    DO you know the background of the story? I do

    3.) explain away because facts wont change

    4.) not a "slur" its just about 98% of the time when one starts a post with liberals, righties, lefties, conservatives etc in blanket form or no background and its a judgmental post like your one can be reassured it will be biased, dishonest and filled with hypocritical hyperbole.
    The people in those groups are not all the same.
    SO no sorry needed but i accept your apology I was just pointing out the reality of posts like that.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #214
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E Buster View Post
    He didn't say it was a horrible slur. He said it was telling.
    Dont use facts its confusing to some people.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #215
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E Buster View Post
    Sure.
    Glad you agree.

  6. #216
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E Buster View Post
    Also....the commandments aren't IN the courthouse.
    Correct again, it was a monument outside

    the SOUND argument is that it violated the 1st and I believe I read they used a loophole to put it up and claimed since it was a donation and it was to be put up by volunteers or non government employees that magically made it ok

    so then others imply wanted to do the same and they were denied, then the ideas were all simply put on hold to decided what the best course of action was and also lawsuits started.

    The very simply solution would have been to simply not violate the 1st OR to accept all donations and ideas
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #217
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,122

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Believe me, I would love to end any and all law suits by same sex couples who are discriminated against by private business owners. The only arguments that conservatives have left against same sex marriage are such lawsuits. But I am looking further down the road than same sex couples. I am looking at not just how Christians could use this law but other religious groups. Can you look further ahead than just gays and right wing Christians and perhaps see some possible unintended consequences of this bill? This is fair warning for what is to come. Give it some critical thought.
    sure. businesses and organizations in the future will deny membership or service to Christians on the basis that because Christians disagree with them on sexuality, they are morally inferior. Honestly, the way our society is moving, such anti-Christian measures in private associations will probably be more prevalent than Christian businesses who don't want to support SSM.

  8. #218
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    sure. businesses and organizations in the future will deny membership or service to Christians on the basis that because Christians disagree with them on sexuality, they are morally inferior. Honestly, the way our society is moving, such anti-Christian measures in private associations will probably be more prevalent than Christian businesses who don't want to support SSM.
    I think it is actually extremely rare for private businesses to discriminate against same sex couples or gay folk. It just receives a remarkable amount of media attention when it happens. That is why such a law is funny. In the long run, it is likely going to affect you and others like you far, far more than it will ever affect me or other gay folk.

  9. #219
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    i do see it as backdooring rules, laws, separation of church and state, not having state sponsored religion and regulations that exist.

    and one is equal rights.
    seperation of church and state is just a liberal mantra, not law. a town acknowledging that the ten commandments were important ideals that the PEOPLE(not founding fathers) who established this country believed in. I don't see how that could possibly infringe on your rights.

    and save me the equal rights routine. everyone agrees the gays shouldn't be descriminated against; gay marriage is a separate issue that has WAY more to do with social institutions being rebranded than anything else. to say everyone is against it simply because they don't like gays is giving them way to much credit. they are concerned about the institution, not the group. so give it a rest

  10. #220
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    seperation of church and state is just a liberal mantra, not law. a town acknowledging that the ten commandments were important ideals that the PEOPLE(not founding fathers) who established this country believed in. I don't see how that could possibly infringe on your rights.

    and save me the equal rights routine. everyone agrees the gays shouldn't be descriminated against; gay marriage is a separate issue that has WAY more to do with social institutions being rebranded than anything else. to say everyone is against it simply because they don't like gays is giving them way to much credit. they are concerned about the institution, not the group. so give it a rest

    IN the Oklahoma case it is not just a "small town". You should read a bit more - Support Growing For Satanic Monument At OK Capitol - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •