Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 257

Thread: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

  1. #131
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Not paying for their employees abortions is not controlling their lives.
    Taking birth control is nowhere near paying for an abortion. Birth control is about family planning, and prevents abortions. Only an idiot believes birth control (as in contraceptives, what this is about) is the same as abortion.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #132
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Taking birth control is nowhere near paying for an abortion.
    Cool. Why are you quoting me?

  3. #133
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Not paying for their employees abortions is not controlling their lives.
    The thing is, they are not paying for their employee's abortions, any more than they are paying for their employee's braces. They are paying for a comprehensive health insurance plan that covers many, many different things including abortion and braces. Nobody gets to pick which medical procedures their insurance covers and only pay for those things. That's not how insurance works. You pay a single fee and you get a wide variety of coverage.

    Why are the religious so stupid?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #134
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    They paid for it and installed it?
    "They" have no money. All of the money for the state legislature comes from the taxes of the citizens. So no, "they" didn't pay for anything.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #135
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The thing is, they are not paying for their employee's abortions, any more than they are paying for their employee's braces. They are paying for a comprehensive health insurance plan that covers many, many different things including abortion and braces.
    Sure they are, the state forces them to literally pay for their insurance. And the state literally mandates that that insurance specifically includes those things. And the state literally bans insurance policies that do not cover those things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    "They" have no money.
    They used taxpayer funds to pay for this thing and to pay for its being put there?

  6. #136
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Sure they are, the state forces them to literally pay for their insurance. And the state literally mandates that that insurance specifically includes those things. And the state literally bans insurance policies that do not cover those things.
    Not that I agree with Obamacare in the slightest, but the state is forcing *EVERY* business to do the same thing so there's no undue effect on the religious. Obamacare simply insists that care be comprehensive and cover many different areas of medical care. If a company decided they were offended by oncology care, this would never be an issue because nobody would ever suggest that they had a right not to want to pay for cancer treatment. This only happens because the religious think they're special.

    They're not. They're morons.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #137
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Not that I agree with Obamacare in the slightest, but the state is forcing *EVERY* business to do the same thing so there's no undue effect on the religious. Obamacare simply insists that care be comprehensive and cover many different areas of medical care.
    Sure, they used PPACA to get around already established religious protections.

  8. #138
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Cool. Why are you quoting me?
    Because your comment was made toward me and I had something to comment on it about.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #139
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Because your comment was made toward me and I had something to comment on it about.
    Yeah, you said something wrong, so I addressed it.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Controversial bill to expand religious protections advances

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Sure, they used PPACA to get around already established religious protections.
    Don't care. I'm entirely happy to see all of the "religious protections" just go away entirely. They were always intended to protect individual religious practices and beliefs from being infringed on, they were never meant to protect religious discrimination against others, which is exactly what this is.

    Try again.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •