Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 361

Thread: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,671

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Perfect example of the Right taking a statement out of context, changing the wording to suit their agenda and then running with it.

    He certainly never said "Pro-life people not welcome in New York". Sheesh
    Your right he said way worse. here is the exact comment from the interview that he did.

    "Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves," he said. "Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

    sound pretty familiar to

    And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

    I didn't know standing up for the constitution would be considered extreme. I guess the founding fathers were extremists then and I would be proud to be considered one.

    the left's bigotry continues to roll on unabated and none of them are ever held accountable for any of it.

    PS Cuomo is now on the retreat and trying to do damage control. personally I think it is to late. the damage is done. why liberals support trash like that yet continue to spout how open minded they are is the biggest irony of them all.

  2. #82
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,695

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Your right he said way worse. here is the exact comment from the interview that he did.

    "Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves," he said. "Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

    sound pretty familiar to

    And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

    I didn't know standing up for the constitution would be considered extreme. I guess the founding fathers were extremists then and I would be proud to be considered one.

    the left's bigotry continues to roll on unabated and none of them are ever held accountable for any of it.

    PS Cuomo is now on the retreat and trying to do damage control. personally I think it is to late. the damage is done. why liberals support trash like that yet continue to spout how open minded they are is the biggest irony of them all.
    This statement
    "...Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

    Does not in any way match what was written in the op's title.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,371

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York | Fox News


    Well, so much for compromise, diversity, and respect for opposing viewpoints...
    You title left out the operative word ACTiVISTS. Like most Americans, Cuomo does not like people who try to force their religious views on others. That's why this country was formed.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,671

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    This statement
    "...Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

    Does not in any way match what was written in the op's title.
    how does it not?

    saying they have no place in NY pretty much is the same as you are not welcome here.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,671

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You title left out the operative word ACTiVISTS. Like most Americans, Cuomo does not like people who try to force their religious views on others.
    yet he doesn't mind forcing his views on people. so I guess if you are a liberal democrat it is perfectly acceptable to force your ideology on people then?
    I hope that is not what you are saying.

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,371

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    yet he doesn't mind forcing his views on people. so I guess if you are a liberal democrat it is perfectly acceptable to force your ideology on people then?
    I hope that is not what you are saying.
    How is he forcing anyone to have abortions?

  7. #87
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York | Fox News


    Well, so much for compromise, diversity, and respect for opposing viewpoints...
    That is a spectacular job of framing the argument. Good politicing.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    yet he doesn't mind forcing his views on people. so I guess if you are a liberal democrat it is perfectly acceptable to force your ideology on people then?
    I hope that is not what you are saying.
    And desiring laws against gay marriage, abortion, etc is not forcing views?

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,671

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    How is he forcing anyone to have abortions?
    way to strawman. has nothing to do with forcing his views on people. IE read what he said.

    saying that people that believe other than the way that he does are not welcome in NY is forcing his views on people, or do you not understand this simple bit of logic.

    You said that he doesn't like people trying to force their religious views on people.

    well the same goes for him or you does it not? yet you don't seem to mind him forcing his views on people by saying anyone that disagree's with his views are not welcome in NY because that isn't who NY are.

    that is a pretty narcissistic to say you know exactly who NY people are and they are only people that agree with what you believe. that is basically what he said.

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,671

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And desiring laws against gay marriage, abortion, etc is not forcing views?
    no different than attempting to force people to accept it and not only accept it but make it a criminal act not to accept it.
    yet that is exactly what is being done and I don't see you having a problem with it.

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •