Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 361

Thread: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

  1. #41
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    So basically, he's saying he thinks anyone who gives a **** about human rights should get the **** out of New York.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    and yet the people of new york seem to approve of his job so far.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/21/ny...inds.html?_r=0
    And what is your point? Does that make his comments any less distasteful just because a majority would re-elect him?

  3. #43
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    meh... I'd believe him. Of course that isn't the context of what Cuomo said but I guess that doesn't matter in this poutrage of a thread.

    Oh come on! Tell us what context is it when the progressive Governor says that "extreme conservatives” who are “right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, [or] anti-gay” “have no place in the state of New York.” Do tell us how that is ok? In any context.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,944

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    As was pointed out in the other thread about his, he wasn't talking about people in the general public. He was talking about politicians in the legislature because such politicians would not represent the republican public of New York.
    Which is ridiculously stupid since they were elected into office somehow, and if not by the republican public then by who. My apologies to the seemingly omnipotent governor, but I don't believe he is the dictator of what republicans in his state think...especially when it's contrary to who they vote for. Know who belongs in his states legislature....people his state elects. If he doesn't like it he can go cry in a little corner about it. The majority of this country don't share the view points of Nancy Pelosi or Diane Feinstein, but that doesn't mean they don't belong in their seats because the people they directly represent DO support them. Similarly, even if a majority of New Yorkers don't agree with some state reps, as long as their districts do then they absolutely belong and have a place. Simply because it makes the asshole moronic governor angry doesn't mean they don't have a place, despite his self inflated ego.

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    This guy wants to be POTUS too. scary!
    The Libbos will support him 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    New York does not permit the abrogation of fundamental liberties in order to satisfy some people's religious leanings. Feel free to never obtain an abortion yourself and not to work as an abortion provider. But that is all that liberty entitles you to. You don't get to restrict other people's actions to conform to your religion.
    But, obviously, New York's governer is more than happy to abrogate civil liberties in order to satisfy a political agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #47
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,339

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, obviously, New York's governer is more than happy to abrogate civil liberties in order to satisfy a political agenda.
    Isn't it discriminatory to tell certain people they are not welcome? I'm astonished that a Democrat Governor would make such a foolish remark! Not surprised, though!

    Greetings, apdst.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    I never ran from the source, I merely pointed out it was not important and a nice diversion from you and the other liberals eager to defend your chosen leader. The source is the mans lips, his words, not FOX, not the Blaze but certainly not left stream media that ignores it.


    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    That's funny coming from you because this is a duplicate thread of one YOU started yesterday where you cited a non-Fox based source in your OP.


    Of course unlike the Fox news link, your source actually linked to the real interview where this was all said. Another and even more accurate citing of the origin of the comments. I mean your source... "The Blaze" is nutjob Glenn Beck's fruitcake website but even he sourced his story... unlike Fox.

    I guess the question is, why are you running from your own sources by claiming that only Fox has the words?

  9. #49
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,861

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Which is ridiculously stupid since they were elected into office somehow, and if not by the republican public then by who. My apologies to the seemingly omnipotent governor, but I don't believe he is the dictator of what republicans in his state think...especially when it's contrary to who they vote for. Know who belongs in his states legislature....people his state elects. If he doesn't like it he can go cry in a little corner about it. The majority of this country don't share the view points of Nancy Pelosi or Diane Feinstein, but that doesn't mean they don't belong in their seats because the people they directly represent DO support them. Similarly, even if a majority of New Yorkers don't agree with some state reps, as long as their districts do then they absolutely belong and have a place. Simply because it makes the asshole moronic governor angry doesn't mean they don't have a place, despite his self inflated ego.
    I pretty much agree with you. I was just trying to fill in the real context instead of the fauxoutrage narrative brought by the op and its source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #50
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Differently than I feel about people trying to FORCE women to remain pregnant.
    You just admitted that you want to force your agenda on others, which you just said was wrong. According to you, you're wrong.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •