Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 361

Thread: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

  1. #201
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Item 7 was such an extreme remark that it deserved what I wrote as a response. As for 1-6...
    No, it was not an extreme remark, I was responding to your own extreme rhetoric.

    1. Anti-gay = wanting homosexuals imprisoned. This is the most extreme of all Right Wing views, and three Right Wing SCOTUS justices voted that way in Lawrence. However, as extreme the views are of Scalia, Rehnquist and Thomas, they are revered by much of the Right.
    Strawman lie.

    2. Do the clergy want assault weapons? Coumo's comments grouped extremists into a category which were against abortion, anti-gay and pro-assault weapon. Two out of three here really ain't bad.
    Repulsive

    3. Just your response here indicates that you're wanting religion mentioned in schools. Most atheists think that's inappropriate. I know. We're a minority that folks like GHW Bush believe do not deserve to be citizens. But, nonetheless, it seems courts tend to agree: school and prayer do not mix.
    You don't know me, so this is another lie.

    4-6. The Right is and has been doing everything in their power to cut funding for poor, from cutting foodstamps to trying to crush Obamacare. So, I do not believe your argument on those three points speaks truth.
    Flat out lie....

    That was easy.

    NEXT!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #202
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it was not an extreme remark, I was responding to your own extreme rhetoric.



    1. Strawman lie.



    2. Repulsive



    3. You don't know me, so this is another lie.



    4. Flat out lie....

    That was easy.

    NEXT!
    1. No. Fact.

    Lawrence v. Texas, the SCOTUS decision to declare sodomy laws unconstitutional, went 6-3. The three justices who voted against it were RW icons, Scalia, Thomas and Rehnquist. This by itself shows that a significant number of Righties disagree with Lawrence.

    Do you disagree with Lawrence?

    2. No. Fact.


    3. Why would you whine about religion being taken out of schools if not wanting it in schools?

    4. Are you saying the Right is not in favor of cutting food stamps and crushing the Affordable Care Act?

    I await your answers.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Cuomo is right. It's not like a New Yorker not to believe in abortion as a solution to pregnancy.

    41 percent of all pregnancies in New York end in abortion. In fact, that number skyrockets to 58 percent of black pregnancies.

    NYC's 41% Abortion Rate Riles Religious Leaders - CBS News

    Hundreds of thousands of babies are aborted in New York, and they celebrate it.

  4. #204
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    1. No. Fact.

    Lawrence v. Texas, the SCOTUS decision to declare sodomy laws unconstitutional, went 6-3. The three justices who voted against it were RW icons, Scalia, Thomas and Rehnquist. This by itself shows that a significant number of Righties disagree with Lawrence.

    Do you disagree with Lawrence?
    The court ruled how it ruled. You are asking me a no win question...Knowing that, I will say that all three dissenters in that case stated that if they were on the TX legislature they would vote to repeal that law, however, in Scalia's dissent it is clear that he is troubled for the court allowing itself to be used to invent rights out of whole cloth, as the case previous in PP v Casey almost the same arguments being made the verdict was upheld in the SC thereby moving the court to make moral law without legislating...This is wrong, and he said so....Now, as to what I believe? I don't really care who bangs who in the ass as long as they don't try to bang me.

    2. No. Fact.
    No. lie.

    3. Why would you whine about religion being taken out of schools if not wanting it in schools?
    Whine? nah...Why do Atheist morons believe that just because they feel offended by looking at any religious symbol, or hearing a prayer, that they must act to shut people up?

    4. Are you saying the Right is not in favor of cutting food stamps and crushing the Affordable Care Act?
    I am saying that 47% of American's on food stamp programs is insane, and unsustainable....As for crushing the ACA, we on the right won't have to do ****, all we have to do is let it collapse as it was designed to do....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Not just posters here, seems like everyone that uses the term, has their own definition, so it's unclear what they are talking about. I also like the "military style" description. It means absolutely nothing. That could describe a water pistol. Pretty soon, Cuomo will want those banned too.
    His "Who needs 10 bullets to kill a deer?" remark makes him look stupid, since it has nothing to do with hunting.
    With this statement he is completely buried his chance to become a president. Even Democrats understand his stupidity.

  6. #206
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    With this statement he is completely buried his chance to become a president. Even Democrats understand his stupidity.
    He wasn't going to be president anyway. But, I liked him calling out the extremists and setting the right wing media machine into a frenzy. This thread is a perfect example; Right Wingers have thin skin.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    He wasn't going to be president anyway. But, I liked him calling out the extremists and setting the right wing media machine into a frenzy. This thread is a perfect example; Right Wingers have thin skin.
    I don't think he has any Presidential chance, the guy is just too unpolished. I don't know why he is saying right wingers/extremists, that's another stupid part of his remark. Being pro life, second amendment, and marriage are core conservative values, those are not fringe or extreme views.

    I think both sides tend to speak that way, calling the other side extremists just for the effect.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    He wasn't going to be president anyway. But, I liked him calling out the extremists and setting the right wing media machine into a frenzy. This thread is a perfect example; Right Wingers have thin skin.
    He had a big ambitions. Now we all know, who he is. Just pic of liberal junk.

  9. #209
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I don't think he has any Presidential chance, the guy is just too unpolished. I don't know why he is saying right wingers/extremists, that's another stupid part of his remark. Being pro life, second amendment, and marriage are core conservative values, those are not fringe or extreme views.

    I think both sides tend to speak that way, calling the other side extremists just for the effect.
    Presidential material typically isn't a flamer. Coumo is/will be the Rahm Emanual of the Hillary campaign, if you ask me.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life people not welcome in New York

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Presidential material typically isn't a flamer. Coumo is/will be the Rahm Emanual of the Hillary campaign, if you ask me.
    I would rather prefer Brian Schweitzer as the democratic canidate.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •