Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 141

Thread: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

  1. #131
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Depends who it is.... a main stream Republican hell no. A Rand Paul --- he'd maybe want to do it, but I doubt he'd get support from anyone to do it.
    Well sure, I know that man. Rand Paul is one of a few, but then for different reasons than most deserving the title, he's a RINO!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #132
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Sure. And the lefty partisans should be doing now with Obama what you and apdst should have been doing then with Bush. But you didn't, and they won't and more presidential corruption is a given.
    Congratulations Monte....You've cracked the secret that is American politics....See, you want everyone in politics to be 100% honest to the people, and I would love to see a live unicorn....Not going to happen for either of us.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #133
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Congratulations Monte....You've cracked the secret that is American politics....See, you want everyone in politics to be 100% honest to the people, and I would love to see a live unicorn....Not going to happen for either of us.
    What a defeatist attitude, why then are you criticising Obama then, if this is all just politics as usual, and more importantly, why are you criticising lefties for failing to do with Obama what you failed to do with Bush? Your not interested in presidents following the rule of law, you're a partisan who's interested in his team winning.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #134
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ok, lets make it relevant. I wish that partisan lefties and congress would smack his chops with impeachment over this and other things. Now then, do you believe that the next republican president will terminate this NSA program?
    LOL...you're more concerned with a president that doesn't even exist, than a sitting president! Talk about partisan hackery!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    LOL...you're more concerned with a president that doesn't even exist, than a sitting president! Talk about partisan hackery!
    I call for the presidents impeachment over this and other issues, and that makes me a partisan hack? What say you apdst, will the next republican president that America has terminate this NSA program?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #136
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I call for the presidents impeachment over this and other issues, and that makes me a partisan hack? What say you apdst, will the next republican president that America has terminate this NSA program?
    You would rather deflect resposibility on a president that doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You would rather deflect resposibility on a president that doesn't exist.
    What is your problem dude. I said Obama should be impeached, where's the deflection? I put the blame squarely on him and to a lesser extent on Bush. You, ever the partisan, puts the blame solely on Obama and Bush gets the pass. You're a discredited partisan.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #138
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What is your problem dude. I said Obama should be impeached, where's the deflection? I put the blame squarely on him and to a lesser extent on Bush. You, ever the partisan, puts the blame solely on Obama and Bush gets the pass. You're a discredited partisan.
    But, you won't shut-up about a president that doesn't even exist...dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #139
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What a defeatist attitude, why then are you criticising Obama then, if this is all just politics as usual, and more importantly, why are you criticising lefties for failing to do with Obama what you failed to do with Bush? Your not interested in presidents following the rule of law, you're a partisan who's interested in his team winning.
    I thought so....Your whole argument boils down to "Johnny did it first"....And you have the unmitigated gall to call me a partisan? Good grief, leave it up to the likes of you and we'd have one party controll, top down socialism.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Questions and answers about Obama’s new NSA rules

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That was then; this is now. Where YOU...NOW? Why are you giving Obama a free pass, NOW?
    Yes, I complained loud and often when the USAPatriot Act became law, but was somewhat pleased when members of Congress tried to reign in some of the GW Bush Administration's civil liberty abuses through warrantless wiretaps and blanket surveillance on innocent members of the population. I still disagree with the bulk data collection method, but I can understand why it's done. And as long as warrants are issued under legitimate circumstances, I can deal with that.

    The reason I give this President a "pass" as you say (which I don't, but I'll play along anyway since that seems to be the standard "gotcha back" Republican response these days ) is atleast he has tried to reign in some of the abuses even when Congress hasn't acted. Atleast he has consulted with the appropriate congressional committees concerning ways to protect privacy rights while also seeking ways to improve the NSA surveillance system. Yes, it's all happening after a traitor who claims to be a whistleblower came forward with certain revelations, but it's still far more than the last guy did who occupied the White House.

    I'm not blaming GWB, I'm just saying the very people who are complaining now likely didn't say much when a Republican President justified this NSA program with authority that was much more far-reaching than when's in affect now. Yeah, folks like you likely remained mum because "national security" was once against used as justification to grab more power for the Executive. But now that a Democrat is in office, now you guys cry foul.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 01-21-14 at 09:06 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •