Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 376

Thread: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

  1. #361
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Tyranny can mean alot of things today...For example, one way to control people is through taxation, which is why the founders that set up the Constitution, set up a list of enumerated powers, and specific functions that government is allowed to tax for. The problem you progressives run into is that we are a country where the people of the country are the top dog, or hold the power, not the government....The government is supposed to answer to us. Progressives seem to be in love with 'command government' which is opposite of what was America was supposed to be.
    If a word can mean anything, it means nothing. There has been a tendency among the more extreme to actually make their words meaningless by doing things like do above. Tyranny is much more defined, and is nothing like raising taxes in a representative government. The rest of what you write here is just partisan nonsense.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #362
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, and I never said it was ok. I said you guys exaggerate (for what reason who knows). And you make arguments that the past shows you really don't care about. Exaggerated arguments that would disappear if the person were a republican. I just want you to see that.

    Tone it down to the truth, and we might agree. Be a little consistent and I'd respect the view more. You don't need that respect, but you should at least understand what hurts your argument.
    No, you never said it was ok, but to compare Obama to Bush/Cheney in a fashion to excuse, or condone the behavior is wrong. We don't let children get away with that, and you as an adult shouldn't use it either. I have laid out many times what I think was the likely scenario for why such a transparent lie was adopted, and moved forward with a pure snow job to the American people....

    The administration put out conflicting statements at different times, I think for just this sort of cover, but whenever asked a direct question about whether or not it was terrorism, Obama, Clinton, Rice, etc. blamed a video, or leaned on an investigation that was also fictitious at the time...It was a cynical move in the end of an election season where to have told the truth could have cost him the election....So he lied...It really is that simple....And that you still today are trying to make excuses for him by furthering the line that he just didn't know is stupid considering that we now know for a fact that Ponetta told him it was a terror attack in real time, and they watched it go down.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #363
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If a word can mean anything, it means nothing. There has been a tendency among the more extreme to actually make their words meaningless by doing things like do above. Tyranny is much more defined, and is nothing like raising taxes in a representative government. The rest of what you write here is just partisan nonsense.
    Yes...."Extreme" now there's a word that you and your ilk have rendered meaningless...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #364
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, you never said it was ok, but to compare Obama to Bush/Cheney in a fashion to excuse, or condone the behavior is wrong. We don't let children get away with that, and you as an adult shouldn't use it either. I have laid out many times what I think was the likely scenario for why such a transparent lie was adopted, and moved forward with a pure snow job to the American people....

    The administration put out conflicting statements at different times, I think for just this sort of cover, but whenever asked a direct question about whether or not it was terrorism, Obama, Clinton, Rice, etc. blamed a video, or leaned on an investigation that was also fictitious at the time...It was a cynical move in the end of an election season where to have told the truth could have cost him the election....So he lied...It really is that simple....And that you still today are trying to make excuses for him by furthering the line that he just didn't know is stupid considering that we now know for a fact that Ponetta told him it was a terror attack in real time, and they watched it go down.
    Again you misinterpret. Not to excuse, put to place in context. And to highlight your hypocrisy. Both matter.

    As for lied, far less evidence of that with Bush (again for context), to which you would have argued we can't read Obama's mind, if he were a republican, and thus can't know what he knew or didn't know.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #365
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes...."Extreme" now there's a word that you and your ilk have rendered meaningless...
    You'd be hard pressed to find me extreme on any issue. But feel free to try.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #366
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again you misinterpret. Not to excuse, put to place in context. And to highlight your hypocrisy. Both matter.

    As for lied, far less evidence of that with Bush (again for context), to which you would have argued we can't read Obama's mind, if he were a republican, and thus can't know what he knew or didn't know.
    Nope, you're wrong again..
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #367
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You'd be hard pressed to find me extreme on any issue. But feel free to try.
    I don't think that is true....And it isn't just me that would say so.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #368
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nope, you're wrong again..
    I don't think so, but prove me wrong. Tell me Bush lied.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #369
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't think that is true....And it isn't just me that would say so.
    I'm not asking what you think. I asked you to find, support, give evidence. It's a different process altogether.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Tyranny can mean alot of things today...For example, one way to control people is through taxation, which is why the founders that set up the Constitution, set up a list of enumerated powers, and specific functions that government is allowed to tax for. The problem you progressives run into is that we are a country where the people of the country are the top dog, or hold the power, not the government....The government is supposed to answer to us. Progressives seem to be in love with 'command government' which is opposite of what was America was supposed to be.
    They are statists, who mock lovers of freedom while they seek to control them.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •