Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 376

Thread: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The same way that government forcing people to obey speed limits isn't tyranny.

    The individual mandate is an extension of government authority. That's definitely true. But to call it "tyranny" is ludicrous.
    BS comparison-you are NOT required to drive. You ARE required to purchase overpriced and over-covered insurance.

    Stop hiding, son.

  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You do realize I have heard your POV about 1,000 times yet every time another one of you posts it as you believe it's unique....

    Your posts are hardly unique and hardly philosophical...

    I understand your position 10-fold... You just make the same arguments every other progressive makes.

    Maybe that is just a collectivist problem? ya think?

    Ever notice how you get the same replies to your posts because you bumble the same ****?

    You call yourself a progressive but never like to see a discussion/argument or debate progress.
    They are programmed to think they are novel, and that we simply aren't understanding.

  3. #353
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    BS comparison-you are NOT required to drive. You ARE required to purchase overpriced and over-covered insurance.

    Stop hiding, son.
    No you're not. You can choose to pay the nominal fine.

    Government forces us to do lots of things. Are taxes tyranny? Is registering for the Selective Service tyranny? Is registering your mailing address with the government tyranny?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #354
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    To clarify my position -- I'm no fan of the individual mandate. It should have been paired with the public option, and the fact that they killed the public option and kept the mandate, to me, killed a lot of what I thought was the point to Obamacare.

    However, it's not "tyranny" no matter how you slice it. That word gets thrown around even more ineptly than "slavery."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    No you're not. You can choose to pay the nominal fine.

    Government forces us to do lots of things. Are taxes tyranny? Is registering for the Selective Service tyranny? Is registering your mailing address with the government tyranny?
    By this logic there is no tyranny.

    Crouch down and lick Dear Leaders hand, boy.

  6. #356
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    By this logic there is no tyranny.

    Crouch down and lick Dear Leaders hand, boy.
    Oh, bull****. For example, Jailing or execution of political dissidents is tyranny.

    You guys have really lost it.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #357
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, kind of like Cheney's vote for us or die, which again you didn't mind. And that went on for longer than 3 days, longer than 16 days, and even involved questionable use of the color coated threat system. Again, you didn't mind. Suggesting that you are all for such politics as long as guy is using it.

    But, the point here is the issue wasn't what you guts tried so desperately to make it out to be.

    And I'm talking about the news media being used by the Bush administration to sell the war. Doing all the things you accuse it if with Obama. Do you see it yet?
    So, that makes it ok now eh? You realize that the only excuse you are making here is "They did it too" excuse....right?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #358
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The people on the right who chirp incessantly about tyranny wouldn't know actual tyranny if it threw them in a gulag.
    Too, too true.

    Sadly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, that makes it ok now eh? You realize that the only excuse you are making here is "They did it too" excuse....right?
    No, and I never said it was ok. I said you guys exaggerate (for what reason who knows). And you make arguments that the past shows you really don't care about. Exaggerated arguments that would disappear if the person were a republican. I just want you to see that.

    Tone it down to the truth, and we might agree. Be a little consistent and I'd respect the view more. You don't need that respect, but you should at least understand what hurts your argument.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #360
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate report: Attacks in Benghazi could have been prevented

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    No you're not. You can choose to pay the nominal fine.

    Government forces us to do lots of things. Are taxes tyranny? Is registering for the Selective Service tyranny? Is registering your mailing address with the government tyranny?
    Tyranny can mean alot of things today...For example, one way to control people is through taxation, which is why the founders that set up the Constitution, set up a list of enumerated powers, and specific functions that government is allowed to tax for. The problem you progressives run into is that we are a country where the people of the country are the top dog, or hold the power, not the government....The government is supposed to answer to us. Progressives seem to be in love with 'command government' which is opposite of what was America was supposed to be.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •