Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 403

Thread: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

  1. #71
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    There are no Constitutional issues here. It's just radical partisan rhetoric perhaps inspired by fevered dreams caused by brain parasites. Have you seen your doctor lately? Might be high-time you did. Last time I checked using signing statements, executive orders, and presidential actions were perfectly Constitutional.
    They can be both constitutional and unconstitutional, depending on how they are used and what they direct.

    United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law[1] when they take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution, or are made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress which explicitly delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation). Like statutes or regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review, and may be struck down if deemed by the courts to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #72
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Does anyone know how many house passed bills have been denied a vote by Reid?

    Further, it seems as though some in here think Obama's oath of office means nothing.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #73
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,531

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, he didn't except in your world of make believe, assumption, and apparently the mutant power to read the future. In the real world, he stated he'd use an Executive Order. COULD he use an executive order to attempt to make laws and act unconstitutionally? Yes. Could he also use an executive order in a perfectly constitutional way that doesn't create a new law? Yes. Its really quite easy to see how it's interpreted that way because it'd be ACTUALLY READING WHAT HE SAID instead of reading it and then making assumptions and guesses as to what he actually meant or what he actually is going to do in the future. Shocking, I know.

    I went and reread the post. Obviously, I did not quote Obama. I am not here to be a jerk to anyone. Maybe you thought I was being one by claiming he said something that was not an exact quote. Maybe I went a little overboard in my response. If I did, I apoligize. Also, I stand by my opinion on what he was saying and what his intentions are.

    No, I demonstrated the exact same thing you did in your original post. Did I "quote" you, as you're so apt to point out over and over again worthlessly? No, I simply "explained what [you] were saying."
    My only comment on this is Obama is not on these boards, I am.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #74
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,531

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Just like the Senate of no does nothing on budget
    You don't understand. It's okay when the democrats filibuster. When the republicans do, they are obstructionists. Even better, the democrats don't filibuster. Ever. Period. Get it?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #75
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,531

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    So in reality Obama is on pace to issue the least amount of executive orders of any modern President.

    Kind of makes the rhetoric of an Obama Presidency acting like a dictator seem ridiculous wouldn't you agree?
    That would be great if it mattered at all. I, for one, couldn't care less about the number of executive orders.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #76
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    I don't usually agree with Obama. But if he has plans that might better our country and the only reason it seems he cant get it passed is because republicans have to fight everything he does and he has the power to make that decision without their consent then go for it. Whether anyone likes him or not we elected him president and bi partisan bickering is keeping anything from being accomplished in this country. If the democrats and republicans cant get anything done, what choice would a person have? Do nothing? He'll get ****ted on for that too. He was voted in, and the only way we will know if these policies will work or not is to try it. Alternatively, do nothing. Because at this time I am not aware of any alternative. People are suffering over these political games.
    I love it when I see this argument.

    Yes he was elected President to do HIS JOB as president. Now he wants to do Congress' job.

    Do you remember all of the members of Congress were elected to do THIER JOB?

    Should Congress start doing the Presidents' job? How about Congressmen making decision for the Supreme Court? Would you be OK with that?

    Should they switch? Is there room for that in the constitution?

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    that is what people thought about Hitler in 39
    Doesn't change anything I said right now. If you want to Godwin a thread, go elsewhere. You can apply that Bull**** rhetoric to any sitting president.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,531

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    It's the lamest of arguments to say that the Republicans should yield to Obama because he was elected. Actually, it's laughable, since, get this, the Republicans were also elected. Obama has proven that he could not care less about the economy, all his plans are designed to increase government power and size. I consider it the Republican's duty to stop him from further damaging this country.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Doesn't change anything I said right now. If you want to Godwin a thread, go elsewhere. You can apply that Bull**** rhetoric to any sitting president.
    It applies like it or not

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah, what we have is worse than North Korean leaders, Saudi Kings, and Iran's leaders.

    And people on the right wonder why people ignore them sometimes or just call them crazy. It's because of rhetoric like this.

    Yes, what Obama said was horrible and if he were to make good on that claim I would support complete impeachment charges. However, to say what we have is worse than kings or dictators is simply stupid rhetoric.
    He ALREADY DID DO THIS!!!

    Each time he changed obamacare law to suit his needs he did just this thing that you claim you would want to see him impeached over.

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •