Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 403

Thread: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

  1. #341
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I don't even know you so my intent has nothing to do with you.
    Well, you likely don't "know" anybody here. Now will you kindly restate your comment to me. I asked for clarification nicely enough, didn't I?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #342
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Sure. If that is your premise.
    Well, do you want me to inundate you with the annual government waste reports, stories of $2,000 toilet seats, examples of mass government failure when it attempts to supplant businesses...?

  3. #343
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well, you likely don't "know" anybody here. Now will you kindly restate your comment to me. I asked for clarification nicely enough, didn't I?
    Oh, on the contrary, I am quite familiar with many posters here. I know the ones who constantly use the Dems vs the Repubs line. It's quite pathetic.

  4. #344
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Oh, on the contrary, I am quite familiar with many posters here. I know the ones who constantly use the Dems vs the Repubs line. It's quite pathetic.
    Ok. So are you suggesting I'm one of those? Are you going to clarify your earliest comment to me?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #345
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Well, do you want me to inundate you with the annual government waste reports, stories of $2,000 toilet seats, examples of mass government failure when it attempts to supplant businesses...?
    Sure, knock yourself out, if your premise is the government is in the debt it is now due to such stories.

  6. #346
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ok. So are you suggesting I'm one of those? Are you going to clarify your earliest comment to me?
    So, you're saying you're one of those?

  7. #347
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    So, you're saying you're one of those?
    Oh JFC. I give up on you.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #348
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Sure, knock yourself out, if your premise is the government is in the debt it is now due to such stories.
    No, that is a strawman. The main driver of our debt is our entitlement spending.

    What I am pointing out is that government spending at large generally represents a less productive allocation of resources. You get plenty of allocations that increase net productivity by solving tragedy of the commons (enforcement of contracts, defense, public environmental protection), but those allocations sadly do not make up all or even at this point a majority of what the federal government does. Reducing government spending, therefore, during an economic downturn effectively returns a greater portion of available resources back to more productive uses, thereby aiding the economy, not burdening it.

  9. #349
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    That would be very true of the most recent crop of old guard Republicans who are presently in control. All one can hope is that Tea Party Caucus and similar activists can re-infuse the historical Republican party platform plank of fiscal conservatism.
    I think it's always been more talk than actual fiscal control. Always just so ending in a different area. After, the debt didn't just happen.

    As for the tea party, I've found them unimpressive in a lot of areas.r
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 01-18-14 at 03:18 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #350
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Exactly - federal gov't spending is federal gov't power so neither party wants to cede that federal power.
    Sort of. The job actual does require addressing some issues. Often that presents budgetary issues that are nit black and white. But there is too much of what you suggest here. I won't dispute that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •