Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 403

Thread: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

  1. #331
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's hilarious hearing liberals get criticised for cutting spending! At anytime. PURE partisan rhetoric.
    Um, no. It's called main stream economics. Only partisan hacks see everything as Dems vs Repubs.

  2. #332
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Um, no. It's called main stream economics. Only partisan hacks see everything as Dems vs Repubs.
    That was (has been forever) my point. Or are you saying in that that I am a partisan hack? Not quite sure of your intent with that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #333
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,852
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Problem is mainstream economist don't agree with you or the TP crowd.

    "This view contrasts with that held by most economists, which will be referred to as “mainstream economics.” Mainstream economics relies on a basic theory regarding policies to expand the economy in a downturn. This theory can be found in economics textbooks and is used by government and private forecasters to project the path of the economy.3 This view has been the basis for fiscal and monetary policy interventions to stimulate the economy for many years, under both Republican and Democratic administrations. Chairman Bernanke of the Federal Reserve was referring to this view when he cautioned against large and immediate spending cuts.4 The basic thrust of the model for fiscal policy is that increasing the deficit (whether by increasing spending or cutting taxes) expands an underemployed economy, and decreasing the deficit (cutting spending or raising taxes) contracts it. https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41849.pdf
    Under extraordinary circumstances for a short time to smooth out the inevitable economic down cycles, fine. As an ongoing fiscal policy, spending always exceeding income resulting in deficits every year, no. How long as it been since the federal government has spent less than it's taken in? It's been decades, and has been fiscally irresponsible all along. DC has a spending problem. A serious spending problem, and there are no signs at all that it's getting any better, any fiscally more responsible. That's a problem.

  4. #334
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That was (has been forever) my point. Or are you saying in that that I am a partisan hack? Not quite sure of your intent with that.
    I don't even know you so my intent has nothing to do with you.

  5. #335
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Under extraordinary circumstances for a short time to smooth out the inevitable economic down cycles, fine. As an ongoing fiscal policy, spending always exceeding income resulting in deficits every year, no. How long as it been since the federal government has spent less than it's taken in? It's been decades, and has been fiscally irresponsible all along. DC has a spending problem. A serious spending problem, and there are no signs at all that it's getting any better, any fiscally more responsible. That's a problem.
    I don't doubt that we do have a spending problem, but you don't cut spending when the economy is trying to recovery. There is a time and place for everything.

  6. #336
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    It's perfectly legal for you to plan to kidnap someone as long as you don't do it. There aren't many crimes you can be convicted of re: just planning to do it without actually doing it.

    Likewise it's perfectly fine for Obama to talk about doing whatever he likes as long as he's not doing anything illegal.
    No one has suggested that it is illegal for him to talk about it. What has been pointed out is that it would be Unconstitutional if he were to do it.

    And no, it's not "perfectly fine" for Obama to suggest or threaten to make a power grab for legislative authority.
    Last edited by cpwill; 01-18-14 at 10:49 AM.

  7. #337
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I don't doubt that we do have a spending problem, but you don't cut spending when the economy is trying to recovery. There is a time and place for everything.
    On the contrary, that is the perfect time to increase the portion of resources that are being more effectively allocated.

  8. #338
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    On the contrary, that is the perfect time to increase the portion of resources that are being more effectively allocated.
    May I have an example please. TIA

  9. #339
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    May I have an example please. TIA
    An example of how government ineffectively allocates resources?

    ....really?

  10. #340
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    An example of how government ineffectively allocates resources?

    ....really?
    Sure. If that is your premise.

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •