Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 403

Thread: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

  1. #161
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." --Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
    Waaaayyy late:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1062802991
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #162
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    So I'm ignorant until I think Obama is like Hitler or Castro as you put it? I'll let other readers determine the ignorance of what they are reading in here.
    All I said he had in common with Hitler that he wanted to replace the constitution as Hitler did with the German constition, no more. Put your glasses on & Read my post again if you have to. Also if you studied Obama's past he was a huge Saul Alinsky supporter. Alinsky was a Marxist, Castro was a Marxist and a Dictator. Obama is doing his damnest to become one & impose his radical agenda. Now he's going about it differently than Castro but idealogically they are very similiar. Heck he thought so much of the Castros that he had to shake the hand of the leftist murderer Raul Castro. You are probably a nice guy but it appears you cant see the forest thru the trees as what Obama means by fundemental change is painfully obvious to many.

  3. #163
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    *protip

    "Progressive" already has a real definition. So you tyring to co-opt it into meaning "everything I don't like" is an inappropriate and invalid use of the word.
    There have been Progessives in the Republican party since the days of Teddy Rosevelt. A real conservative would not have grown the size of government the way Bush did. Theres no way you could classify him as conservative. Moderate at best. Of course he's not going to tell the Conservative base who he really is or he wouldnt have gotten elected.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Sorry, but I don't recall Obama lying us into a major war. I don't recall the Obama administration outing a CIA agent in time of war because the CIA agent's husband pointed out the Obama administration was lying. I don't recall Obama pressuring attorneys general to start election-fraud investigations just prior to an election when the attorneys general themselves said the charges were bogus, based on no credible evidence. I don't recall Obama taking over in times of an economic surplus, and leaving America's economy in the worst shape it had been in since the Great Depression.

    I don't recall the Obama administration having a cabinet meeting ten days after he was first inaugurated where the main topic of discussion was the invasion of a country that had not attacked us and posed no clear and present danger to America. I don't recall Obama himself being personally warned - several times! - of an impending attack by al Qaeda...and then pointedly ignoring said warning. I DON'T RECALL OBAMA FLYING OUT OSAMA BIN LADEN'S FAMILY FROM AMERICA WHILE ALL THE REST OF AMERICA'S CIVILIAN AIRCRAFT WERE GROUNDED.

    No, guy, Obama's administration is a hell of a lot better than Bush's. He's got a lot of faults - liberals like myself will tell you lots of his faults, just like you surely could point out Bush's faults.

    But you know what? Ask liberals what Dubya did that was RIGHT, and most of us (like myself) will tell you that he DID do some things that were right. On the other hand, do you personally know any conservatives at all who would have the guts to say what Obama's done that was right? Scarce as hens' teeth, huh? You can find conservatives who can easily point out what Hitler and Stalin and Mao did that was right...but almost never Obama.

    In other words, liberals have a heck of a lot less of a problem looking at both sides of the story, at saying what BOTH sides do that is right or wrong. Conservatives...not so much. This has been shown before in a scientific study concerning conservatives and liberals and cognitive dissonance. Of course, since that was a scientific study saying something you wouldn't want to hear, the demographics make it extremely likely that you'll completely disregard the results of the study and its implications.

    And THAT, sir, is why you assumed I wouldn't defend Bush - because even if you personally might actually defend Obama concerning this or that decision, the vast majority of conservatives would not, could not bring themselves to do so...and you assumed that I was like them. FYI, I strongly admire Bush 41 and I've said many times - with good reason - that Reagan was one of the five best presidents ever.

    Didn't think you'd hear that from a proud liberal, didja?
    You made a cogent argument, except that it avoided the question and point.

    I get the liberal / democrat position, I used to be quite liberal, and well, you won't get the point that it's both parties that are working towards a common agenda put together by the sponsoring corporate interests.

    I also never said that obama's crimes MIRRORED bushes crimes, which I'm well aware of, but now the hypocrites are supporting the same calibre of crimes from "their guy" and their party.

    If you ACTUALLY supported bush, as you claim, then you are truly an exception rather than the rule.

    The study is really not that important, the results were pretty close regardless...

    I bet you could get similar results by the time Obama is done with the country.

    Anyway, this all sidetracks from the point. That both parties are owned and controlled by the same vested interests.

  5. #165
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Less than an hour. Some things cannot be over emphasised!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #166
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    All I said he had in common with Hitler that he wanted to replace the constitution as Hitler did with the German constition, no more. Put your glasses on & Read my post again if you have to. Also if you studied Obama's past he was a huge Saul Alinsky supporter. Alinsky was a Marxist, Castro was a Marxist and a Dictator. Obama is doing his damnest to become one & impose his radical agenda. Now he's going about it differently than Castro but idealogically they are very similiar. Heck he thought so much of the Castros that he had to shake the hand of the leftist murderer Raul Castro. You are probably a nice guy but it appears you cant see the forest thru the trees as what Obama means by fundemental change is painfully obvious to many.
    I missed the speech where Obama wanted to replace the constitution as Hitler did.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #167
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    All I said he had in common with Hitler that he wanted to replace the constitution as Hitler did with the German constition, no more.
    That's it? No more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank
    Obama is not like Hitler in alot of ways
    Apparently you think he is like Obama in more than just one way... at least that is the way it appears in the way you worded that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank
    Put your glasses on & Read my post again if you have to. Also if you studied Obama's past he was a huge Saul Alinsky supporter. Alinsky was a Marxist, Castro was a Marxist and a Dictator.
    It's time for you to Check your sources.

    Not at any time. I've never joined any organization—not even the ones I've organized myself. I prize my own independence too much. And philosophically, I could never accept any rigid dogma or ideology, whether it's Christianity or Marxism...

    The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide.

    -- Saul Alinksy

    You need to realize that although Glenn Beck uses Saul Alinky's name a lot, he is not an authority on Saul Alinsky. In fact, he's completely ignorant of Saul Alinsky. He just likes saying the name because the last syllable of his last name makes him sound Russian and scary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank
    Obama is doing his damnest to become one & impose his radical agenda. Now he's going about it differently than Castro but idealogically they are very similiar. Heck he thought so much of the Castros that he had to shake the hand of the leftist murderer Raul Castro. You are probably a nice guy but it appears you cant see the forest thru the trees as what Obama means by fundemental change is painfully obvious to many.
    He's not like Castro. He's not Raul's friend just because they shook hands at a political function anymore than Donald Rumsfeld was buddies with Saddam Hussein when he shook his hand. I also think you are probably a nice guy but you can't see the light when you are always forcing yourself to always see red.
    Last edited by poweRob; 01-16-14 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #168
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I missed the speech where Obama wanted to replace the constitution as Hitler did.
    How could you fundementally change a country without al least omitting parts of it? Havent his actions spooken louder than words?

    I'm just dumbfounded that people cant see parallels between this guy & dictators of the past

  9. #169
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    You made a cogent argument, except that it avoided the question and point.

    I get the liberal / democrat position, I used to be quite liberal, and well, you won't get the point that it's both parties that are working towards a common agenda put together by the sponsoring corporate interests.

    I also never said that obama's crimes MIRRORED bushes crimes, which I'm well aware of, but now the hypocrites are supporting the same calibre of crimes from "their guy" and their party.

    If you ACTUALLY supported bush, as you claim, then you are truly an exception rather than the rule.

    The study is really not that important, the results were pretty close regardless...

    I bet you could get similar results by the time Obama is done with the country.

    Anyway, this all sidetracks from the point. That both parties are owned and controlled by the same vested interests.
    That is the truth. It has been said that we really have only one political party, but it has two wings. The Republican wing and the Democratic wing. There is a reason Wall Street Firms and Corporations donate to both parties. Firms like Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup etc. You can bet it is out of civics, it is to ensure that regardless of who wins, the winner owes them. These folks aren't stupid, you can bet they get a good return for their cash. If they didn't they wouldn't be giving all that money to the political parties. They will get their political favors in return.

    Most people are too interested in the R and the D, they refuse to open their eyes to see what is really happening. You are correct, if one took off their deep colored red or blue glasses and stuck cotton in their ears to drown out the slogans, the rhetoric and talking points and just watched how Bush and Obama governed, they would see the two govern quite similar. But that R and D blocks this from their view. They have bought into the propaganda the two parties espouse.

    So regardless of party, regardless whether it is Obama or Bush, it is business as usual. Taking care of those who gave them their money.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #170
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    There have been Progessives in the Republican party since the days of Teddy Rosevelt. A real conservative would not have grown the size of government the way Bush did. Theres no way you could classify him as conservative. Moderate at best. Of course he's not going to tell the Conservative base who he really is or he wouldnt have gotten elected.
    Growing the government isn't the definition of progressive. That's how you are using it. That is wrong. Bush and Teddy Roosevelt couldn't be more different so I can't see how you could possibly tie the two together as progressives cut from the same cloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •