Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 403

Thread: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

  1. #101
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I love it when I see this argument.

    Yes he was elected President to do HIS JOB as president. Now he wants to do Congress' job.

    Do you remember all of the members of Congress were elected to do THIER JOB?

    Should Congress start doing the Presidents' job? How about Congressmen making decision for the Supreme Court? Would you be OK with that?

    Should they switch? Is there room for that in the constitution?
    You say that like he is breaking any law. The fact is he does these things, people throw fits, cry constitutional fouls and sometimes take it to court. We all know how this ends.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #102
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,180

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Oh look, the Hitler card player is back on dp .
    Officially Godwinized.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,567

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    You say that like he is breaking any law. The fact is he does these things, people throw fits, cry constitutional fouls and sometimes take it to court. We all know how this ends.
    I think there is a big gap here on what people think the President should do and what his actual job is. Seems that some here think or want a President that, as long as he doesn't get caught or found to be violating the Constitution, they are alright with whatever he does. They don't care if he tramples on anyone's liberties. Fine.

    My thinking is that I want a President that has virtue and is trustworthy enough to say to himself that even if he couldn't get a law through Congress, it is not in his power to try to bypass Congress and do it in a manner that is probably unconstitutional. I want him to uphold his oath to defend the Constitution, and I don't think that has happened for many years.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #104
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,180

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Where did I say anything about some signing statement? That's your little constraint you are trying to use to restrict the argument. Apparently, in your small world, Obama can do any unconstitutional thing he wants, as long as it wasn't with a signing statement! LOL! That is some compelling point you got there!

    Wow, what brilliance!
    He asked you about signing statements and which were wrong. You said "What about the dream act?"

    No signing statement was issued because no law was signed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,567

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    He asked you about signing statements and which were wrong. You said "What about the dream act?"

    No signing statement was issued because no law was signed.
    He chose to go off and try to limit the discussion to signing statements, and I did not.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #106
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Not sure how this relates to the point you quoted. ... can you clarify?



    People running their big mouths about impeaching the President of the USA accomplishes nothing.

    If they have enough evidence, they should impeach him.

    Otherwise, they should stop talking about it.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I think there is a big gap here on what people think the President should do and what his actual job is. Seems that some here think or want a President that, as long as he doesn't get caught or found to be violating the Constitution, they are alright with whatever he does. They don't care if he tramples on anyone's liberties. Fine.

    My thinking is that I want a President that has virtue and is trustworthy enough to say to himself that even if he couldn't get a law through Congress, it is not in his power to try to bypass Congress and do it in a manner that is probably unconstitutional. I want him to uphold his oath to defend the Constitution, and I don't think that has happened for many years.
    In my experiences it doesn't matter what a president does or doesn't do in the minds of most. Most people look at the party and the either love or hate anything that person does. Repulicans do it to Obama all the time. Democrats did it to Bush. Its a retarded cycle. The bi partisan politics has more to do with this than the actual act. You/conservatives not liking something doesn't make it unconstitutional. If you don't like Obama, get someone else elected so then you can turn a blind eye when they do the same ****.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And it applies to every other sitting president at the time as well. Useless rhetoric is still useless rhetoric.
    Sorry no, that is just lame

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Sorry no, that is just lame
    No, your comment that somehow Obama is the same as Hitler is lame. You want to Godwin a thread, go elswhere.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Liberal Obama supporters always ask the question about what would like Obama to do? Well, when he comes out like this, threatening to just go around congress, and make law himself void of the legislative process, then it is no longer the country I recognize...I guess Podesta is already making his presence felt.

    It is no wonder we think Obama is dangerous, because HE IS!

    We have a process in this country to do these things Obama wants to do, and it certainly is not unilaterally. We don't have a King, we don't have a dictator, what we have in Obama may actually be worse.
    *Sigh*

    Yet another conservative who hates the president because of whatever reason, and will use any accusation he can think of against the president no matter how false his accusation is. To wit:

    a_560x0.jpg

    Once again, if the uppity black guy in the White House does just what all the white guys did before him did, well, that's TYRANNY!!!!!
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •