Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 403

Thread: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

  1. #91
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,047
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Really?

    I won't even begin to tell you how foolishly ridiculous you sound not to mention absurd.
    How is it different than those who propose Obama "make peace" with Republicans and work with them?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  2. #92
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,047
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    LOL! This is pathetic!
    You're the one who claims Obama put signing statements on the dream act. Pathetic indeed. I'm done with you.

    Anthony60 just declared he doesn't know how to make an argument and that no one should bother to listen to anything he says.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    If what you say were true don't you think he'd be impeached by now? As for this new "precedent" you're parroting from Conservative talking, there's always the Supreme Court to declare his actions unconstitutional.

    President reigned in...problem solved.
    Oh ya, who up there has the balls to start impeachment proceedings?

    We'll, it's the precedents set by bush (conservatives don't bad mouth their former guy ), that's allowed Obama to get away with as much as he is because the stupid hypocrites that we're opposing bush are now apologizing for Obama for doing worse than was done when they were fighting those same things.

    Too bad nobody in the country has any principles any longer. There's a reason the country is falling under the weight of its own corruption.

  4. #94
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Liberal Obama supporters always ask the question about what would like Obama to do? Well, when he comes out like this, threatening to just go around congress, and make law himself void of the legislative process, then it is no longer the country I recognize...I guess Podesta is already making his presence felt.

    It is no wonder we think Obama is dangerous, because HE IS!


    We have a process in this country to do these things Obama wants to do, and it certainly is not unilaterally. We don't have a King, we don't have a dictator, what we have in Obama may actually be worse.



    That's your opinion.

    Which you are entitled to, and which I and most Americans, will ignore.

    President Obama hasn't done anything, since he's been in the White House, that other American presidents haven't done or tried to do.

    But quite a few people on the right haven't treated him the same way that they have treated other American presidents. Some of them have even claimed that he's not an American and that he is a Muslim.

    Well I have some news for all of you far-right losers: President Obama is a Christian, and an American and he'll be in the White House until another Democrat takes his place in 2017.

    I advise all of you far-right losers to get a grip and deal with the current reality, if you want anyone to listen to a single word that you say.

    I hope that you noticed that I didn't mention the racism that is present in some of the far-right diatribes. The reason that I left it out is because it is ignored by most Americans and I don't see it as a big factor in today's politics.




    "The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

  5. #95
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Oh ya, who up there has the balls to start impeachment proceedings?


    We'll, it's the precedents set by bush (conservatives don't bad mouth their former guy ), that's allowed Obama to get away with as much as he is because the stupid hypocrites that we're opposing bush are now apologizing for Obama for doing worse than was done when they were fighting those same things.

    Too bad nobody in the country has any principles any longer. There's a reason the country is falling under the weight of its own corruption.



    Anyone who thinks that has any chance of succeeding needs to get after it or shut their pie-hole.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post

    Anyone who thinks that has any chance of succeeding needs to get after it or shut their pie-hole.
    Not sure how this relates to the point you quoted. ... can you clarify?

  7. #97
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,522

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    You're the one who claims Obama put signing statements on the dream act. Pathetic indeed. I'm done with you.
    Oh, and there is the best liberal tactic, runaway. Really? No explanation on why it must be a "signing statement". He can go ahead and do anything he wants, but unless it is a signing statement, you don't care. LOL! That is some impeccable logic.

    Let me clear this up for you. His implementation of the dream act without Congress is the offense, no one cares if there was a signing statement or not.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    It applies like it or not
    And it applies to every other sitting president at the time as well. Useless rhetoric is still useless rhetoric.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    He ALREADY DID DO THIS!!!

    Each time he changed obamacare law to suit his needs he did just this thing that you claim you would want to see him impeached over.
    Is what he did illegal? Where was it found to be illegal?

    So far, everything he has done (even though I have not liked it nor agreed to it) HAS BEEN LEGAL. Otherwise he would have been impeached by now.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    How exactly is the President to convince Congress that his actions are just when atleast one half of Congress had decided not to work with him? Remember the "one-term president" agenda Sen. McConnell proclaimed as his mission? Not to work with the President, but rather to do everything possible to render him ineffective.

    Just how convincing can a person be to those who choose not to listen or corporate with him?
    Then you ELECT new people. THAT'S how the system works. You don't just decide what you want to do alone.

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •