Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 863

Thread: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support[W:315]

  1. #371
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    No, what is "gruesome and repugnant" us a father and grandparents giving up on a member of their family appropriate of nothing, asking the hospital to suffocate them for unfathomable reasons.

    One hopes these folks come to their senses and stop being so horrible and selfish.
    I just don't get it. As a father, I would want to give my unborn child every opportunity to survive.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #372
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    not even close. as long as the mother is on life support, the fetus isn't going to starve and waste away.
    Pish-posh. Why let science or reason get in the way of a perfectly good hysterical rant?

  3. #373
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I just don't get it. As a father, I would want to give my unborn child every opportunity to survive.
    It makes no sense at all. Grief can make you crazy, I suppose, but that sympathy and that excuse only goes so far.

  4. #374
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    not even close. as long as the mother is on life support, the fetus isn't going to starve and waste away.
    Duh? I'm talking about if the mother is removed from life support which is what the family wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #375
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Duh? I'm talking about if the mother is removed from life support which is what the family wants.
    my bad. however, once the mother is removed from life support, the fetus would die rather quickly from oxygen deprivation.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Pish-posh. Why let science or reason get in the way of a perfectly good hysterical rant?
    One of the silliest movies I ever didnt bother finishing was "Dumb and Dumber."

    Apparently you dont bother to read (not that I'm surprised)....it's just easier to jump on the hysteria train and *continue to be 100% wrong.*

    Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #377
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    One of the silliest movies I ever didnt bother finishing was "Dumb and Dumber."

    Apparently you dont bother to read (not that I'm surprised)....it's just easier to jump on the hysteria train and *continue to be 100% wrong.*

    Well done.
    to be fair, the way your comment was worded, it wasn't clear.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I just don't get it. As a father, I would want to give my unborn child every opportunity to survive.
    If you are just joining the thread, a major consideration for the family is that the fetus has been deprived of O2 and the extent or existence of damage to the fetus is unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #379
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    If you are just joining the thread, a major consideration for the family is that the fetus has been deprived of O2 and the extent or existence of damage to the fetus is unknown.
    that is correct, it is UNKNOWN, so why the rush to pull the plug?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #380
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    Re: Texas Hospital keeping pregnant dead lady on life support

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    that is correct, it is UNKNOWN, so why the rush to pull the plug?
    Rush?

    She has been on the ventalitor for almost 2 months against her wishes, her husbands wishes, and her parents wishes.

    Her family wants to be able to give her and fetus peace and hold a memorial service for them.

    It must be pure agony knowing she is dead and seeing hooked to machines every day ...and this may very well go on another 3 to 4 months if the hospital and state of Texas gets their way.

    All for a possibly that the fetus might survive, be born and actually survive more than a few hours or days.

    The odds are highly against that.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •