Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......[W:36]

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Another shotgun shooting? Maybe Joe Biden feels bad about telling everyone to buy a shotgun now.
    Mornin Scatt. I thought he said to shoot it in the air and not at anothers face?

    Pics of the school.







  2. #12
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,039
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Another shotgun shooting? Maybe Joe Biden feels bad about telling everyone to buy a shotgun now.
    If not for Joe Biden, we'd never have gun violence. Thanks Biden.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    If not for Joe Biden, we'd never have gun violence. Thanks Biden.
    And here I thought he was Demo-ing for Comedy Central.....little did I know that he wasn't putting on an act. "Hey Joe".....thanks for keeping it real. Should we ask him if he is experienced.

  4. #14
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,252

    Re: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......

    1) They need to not release his name. EVER!

    2) This kid will have a history, and he likely (65% chance) will have revealed this motive online somewhere.

    This stuff keeps happening. Why? We don't know. This tragedy, like many others, demonstrates a supreme lack of awareness in our society. A lack of psychological warning signs. This has nothing to do with guns. I'm sure the media will misrepresent facts and such as usual. Reporting what is best for their ratings, but maybe we can as rational adults realize that the problem lies at home. In our parenting.

    I have been in schools. And I am sitting behind the curve trying to help a school write a policy to deal with this stuff. It is a nightmare and now every school is in fear of if. And the problem is that the school is one of the greatest resource in stopping it. Pay attention to the kids. Their needs.

    This isn't a quick fix. Our culture is causing this. A supreme disconnect. And it is sad.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    1) They need to not release his name. EVER!

    2) This kid will have a history, and he likely (65% chance) will have revealed this motive online somewhere.

    This stuff keeps happening. Why? We don't know. This tragedy, like many others, demonstrates a supreme lack of awareness in our society. A lack of psychological warning signs. This has nothing to do with guns. I'm sure the media will misrepresent facts and such as usual. Reporting what is best for their ratings, but maybe we can as rational adults realize that the problem lies at home. In our parenting.

    I have been in schools. And I am sitting behind the curve trying to help a school write a policy to deal with this stuff. It is a nightmare and now every school is in fear of if. And the problem is that the school is one of the greatest resource in stopping it. Pay attention to the kids. Their needs.

    This isn't a quick fix. Our culture is causing this. A supreme disconnect. And it is sad.


    Heya Stonewall......I doubt he will be tried as an adult. I think here it was clear he went after who were the one who was bullying him. As he shot that kid in the face twice. I am surprised he lived with 2 shots to the head from a shotgun.

  6. #16
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    1) They need to not release his name. EVER!

    2) This kid will have a history, and he likely (65% chance) will have revealed this motive online somewhere.

    This stuff keeps happening. Why? We don't know. This tragedy, like many others, demonstrates a supreme lack of awareness in our society. A lack of psychological warning signs. This has nothing to do with guns. I'm sure the media will misrepresent facts and such as usual. Reporting what is best for their ratings, but maybe we can as rational adults realize that the problem lies at home. In our parenting.

    I have been in schools. And I am sitting behind the curve trying to help a school write a policy to deal with this stuff. It is a nightmare and now every school is in fear of if. And the problem is that the school is one of the greatest resource in stopping it. Pay attention to the kids. Their needs.

    This isn't a quick fix. Our culture is causing this. A supreme disconnect. And it is sad.
    Though some schools are scared, too many others believe that it would never happen to them.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post

    This is quite unfortunate. But now that the media Immortalizes these moments every kid out there now knows that when they want to go off. Do so at school. Shame.....now Team Obama and the Anti Gun Nuts will make use of this tragedy. What is your take upon the matter?
    I'm sorry that you feel REALITY gets in the way of your narrative but whining that the news is reporting the NEWS is pretty damn stupid. Seriously what the **** is your argument? That people shouldn't report the news because you don't like hearing about it?

  8. #18
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel REALITY gets in the way of your narrative but whining that the news is reporting the NEWS is pretty damn stupid. Seriously what the **** is your argument? That people shouldn't report the news because you don't like hearing about it?
    And yet you jump in with nothing but whining and complaining about nothing of value.

    Seriously, what is your point?

    Oh, yea, it's nothing.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel REALITY gets in the way of your narrative but whining that the news is reporting the NEWS is pretty damn stupid. Seriously what the **** is your argument? That people shouldn't report the news because you don't like hearing about it?

    Say what.....I am not saying anything about the news reporting it, other than them Immortalizing each one and their influence upon the next shooter.

    Looks like you blew a gasket when you seen that I said.....that Team Obama and the Anti-gun Nuts will make use of this tragedy. Perhaps when talking about reality.....you should stick with what is already recorded down in their history.

    Also remember this part well Wiseone.....I don't whine. As I wasn't cut from, the Lamb lies down mold.....you are use to.

  10. #20
    User avatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:55 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    133

    Re: Boy, 12, opens fire at New Mexico school, wounds two students......

    Another week. Another shooting. Not going to be a prosecution of who let a 12 year old take a gun to school. Nope. We have the right to be careless and stupid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •