Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 265

Thread: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

  1. #81
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Contract IS NOT BIASED (unless you're getting divorced)..

    The United States DOES NOT and states DO NOT recognize marriage...

    They recognize what you would understand as a compound contract...

    The Church recognizes marriages, Christians recognize marriages as do the majority of religions - it's a religious even and celebration but NOT A STATE SPONSORED CELEBRATION...

    That is the epic flaw in the homosexual psyche...

    States and the Federal Government understand contracts NOT marriage.

    I'm sorry if this is too hard for someone to understand.
    And I'm sorry if this is too hard for you to understand, but what we're talking about here is state recognition of same-sex marriage contracts. Whether or not your particular church recognizes it or not is not part of this discussion. In fact, nobody cares whether you personally approve.

    Some churches choose to approve. Other churches choose not to. This is their choice, and not relevant.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Before it became obvious same-sex marriage was coming, you said this zero times I'm guessing.



    If you don't care who screws who, why do you care who marries who?
    Well, because marriage is a contract and that is why......

    People cannot wrap their head around this..... That is the way I see it and that is the way it is.

    One can choose to get married by a justice or have a religious wedding - it's their choice......

    The simple fact they don't understand the contract procedures shows how bent they are on the social aspect and how obsessed they are with the religious aspect..... I'm sure there are plenty of gay couples that would like both but forcing one another to adhere to your desires is wrong... Most religious congregations (especially catholic) wont do a gay wedding no should they have to.

    Religious institutions are NOT a public service. Weather I agree with that or not is irrelevant, but I think most know where I stand there.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    And I'm sorry if this is too hard for you to understand, but what we're talking about here is state recognition of same-sex marriage contracts. Whether or not your particular church recognizes it or not is not part of this discussion. In fact, nobody cares whether you personally approve.

    Some churches choose to approve. Other churches choose not to. This is their choice, and not relevant.
    There is not STATE RECOGNITION BEYOND CONTRACT LAW - I have said this about 10 times so far...

  4. #84
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well, because marriage is a contract and that is why......
    That's my point, not yours.

    One can choose to get married by a justice or have a religious wedding - it's their choice......
    Yes, exactly. The religious component is not necessary. The government isn't really concerned whether or not you have a religious ceremony.

    The simple fact they don't understand the contract procedures shows how bent they are on the social aspect and how obsessed they are with the religious aspect..... I'm sure there are plenty of gay couples that would like both but forcing one another to adhere to your desires is wrong... Most religious congregations (especially catholic) wont do a gay wedding no should they have to.
    Nobody is forcing any congregation to do anything. Where on earth did you get that idea?
    Religious institutions are NOT a public service. Weather I agree with that or not is irrelevant, but I think most know where I stand there.
    Nobody disagrees. Now I'm really confused as to what your point is.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #85
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    There is not STATE RECOGNITION BEYOND CONTRACT LAW - I have said this about 10 times so far...
    Yes, exactly. So leave the religious discussion out of it. It's not relevant. A Christian's disapproval of same-sex marriage is not reason enough for the state to fail to recognize that contract.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    I love this **** "its all about love" - yeah, in about 5-10 years its about "I hate you and want all your ****."

    Gay, straight or from Mars you will understand mediation or straight up litigation real quick....

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Then what are you stating?
    I wanted a quote from a strong pro-SSM that I could save and throw back at someone in a future debate. That's it. I wasn't trying to 'say' anything with that post. I was fishing for a sound-byte.

  8. #88
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I love this **** "its all about love" - yeah, in about 5-10 years its about "I hate you and want all your ****."

    Gay, straight or from Mars you will understand mediation or straight up litigation real quick....
    Yes, some gay marriages will end in divorce. Very astute observation.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, exactly. So leave the religious discussion out of it. It's not relevant. A Christian's disapproval of same-sex marriage is not reason enough for the state to fail to recognize that contract.
    That was my point - Marriage is a) not state recognized (beyond contract law) and b) generally only recognized by the Church or in front of God..

    The State doesn't recognize one or the other.... If they did the argument would be a First Amendment argument and not a Fourteenth (or other issues associated) "equal protection clause" argument.

    The Fourteenth is useless given the aforementioned criteria.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, some gay marriages will end in divorce. Very astute observation.
    Wasn't the point.....

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •