Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 265

Thread: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

  1. #181
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    sorry you dont get to "disregard" FACTS
    so your failed strawman complete fails and your opinion is factually wrong

    everybody honest, educated and objective will keep saying equal rights and equality because thats the facts.

    Rights, laws, court cases and court precedence will all keep referring to equality because again thats the facts.
    Facts > Tim's proven wrong OPINION

    Didn't I already destroy you in that other gay thread on this matter? LOL

    You don't have ANY facts sunshine, period. You only serve to marginalize your opinion further when you keep doing this, but I digress.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #182
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    not what "i" want, i just want equality and luckily thats whats winning

    but i say if people are actually that mentally inept and or bigoted enough to want to fight over the fed granting and protecting equal rights I say bring it on.

    This way these type of anti-freedom and anti-rights people are quickly and easily identified and can be dealt with. They can rebel, fight and die or simply move to Russia if they choose. They will never be happy in a free country like this anyway.
    No, you want what you perceive to be equality because you perceive homosexuals as equals to heterosexuals. Others don't see it that way.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #183
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    I don't have to enact it, its my opinion, and I think its better than the existing system. If you don't like it, or prefer the existing system, you are welcome to do so.
    Ok, so don't enact it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Except it's not their ball.
    True. But they perceive it to be.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #184
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Of course they can cut off federal funding and of course TX would cave. The feds used similar tactics when it came to changing the drinking ages, speed limits, seat belt laws, etc.

    What? You do realize that drinking age, seat belt laws, and speed limits vary a lot from state to state, right?


    And because of its discriminatory basis which has been explained throughout this thread, the decision is Constitutional, which is probably more than the examples I gave were. As such, the tyranny of the majority may not decide the fate of the minority.

    The majority through representation decide the fate of the minority all the time. We call it legislation sweetie, and the Dems took a big fat piling stinky one on the rest of us in 2010.


    I'll just ignore your prehistoric and unfounded opinion on homosexuality. That ignorance does not lend itself to credibility on other subjects.

    And your liberal, forward thinking self, can pat yourself on the back for your courageous stand.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #185
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    1.)Didn't I already destroy you in that other gay thread on this matter? LOL

    2.)You don't have ANY facts sunshine, period. You only serve to marginalize your opinion further when you keep doing this, but I digress.


    Tim-
    1.) nope, me and other posters presented facts while you said "nu-huh" and that is continuing
    2.) you can repost this lie 800 times it will never be true as me and many other have posted that facts while you got nothing.

    if you disagree simply post your facts now that make all the facts, rights, court cases and cout precedence meaningless and that factually prove that this is not an equal rights issue. You NEVER do, you respond with failed insults, opinions and excuses but in the end the facts remain lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #186
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    No, you want what you perceive to be equality because you perceive homosexuals as equals to heterosexuals. Others don't see it that way.


    Tim-
    their OPINIONS , yours and mine are meaninglessness to facts that they are equal. Opinions matter on this subject. Facts defeat your post again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #187
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,946

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    What? You do realize that drinking age, seat belt laws, and speed limits vary a lot from state to state, right?

    The majority through representation decide the fate of the minority all the time. We call it legislation sweetie, and the Dems took a big fat piling stinky one on the rest of us in 2010.



    And your liberal, forward thinking self, can pat yourself on the back for your courageous stand.


    Tim-
    You get quite offensive when you are defensive....and wrong.

    All the states have the same drinking age now. Not sure about seat belts but I think all do and all the states had to make their speed limit on specific roadways no higher than 55 back in the late 70's (and only recently were they able to start changing them back). In all 3 examples, if there were exceptions they were rare (I dont know if MT ever complied with the speed limit or got exemptions) In all cases, they complied because of the threat of federal money being withheld.

    And that majority does not get to decide on issues affecting minorities on Constitutional issues...like discrimination and equal protection under the law.

    Anything else you'd like to try and 'clarify?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #188
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Ok, so don't enact it.



    True. But they perceive it to be.
    And I perceive marriage to be the sole domain of people named Cardinal. Realistically, however, we're both probably crap out of luck.

  9. #189
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    What if a totally RED state, like say Texas somehow found itself in the same predicament with an judge ruling away the will of the people on a social matter were to say, F-U Judge, and inform it's State employees that the ruling of the people is the law, and NOT that of the court. Ok, so the USSC would have to rule on this once and for all, and say they rule that States don't have a right to define marriage, and rule with gays, and then the state says screw you, you're misapplying the meaning of what citizens have a right to decide for themselves. So then what? What is the Federal government going to do about it? I ask in all seriousness because the Fed's can cut off any federal funding or they could use force (Doubtful), but using force would cause an outright rebellion from the other states. The point here is that these lower court rulings are emotional, and in my honest well educated opinion, are not based on the proper interpretations of the Constitution.

    I've stated many times that, citizens have a right to decide for themselves, and as locally as possible what kind of community they want to live in. Mobility allows those that do not agree to reside elsewhere, and if your laws are so far out there, then no one will live there and the town, municipality, or State will go bankrupt, or be forced to change due to a lack of constituency. With all the in and outs of what the Founders wanted in a nation, this one thing rings true on every level. The founders wanted the states to be sovereign republics, and within the states themselves they wanted the localities to direct public policy. The thinking was, and still is that, if a locality is run properly, the locality will stand or fall based on its policies. The Federal government was only ever needed to regulate commerce between the states, protect our borders, have a standing army, and to conduct trade, and wage war. The Federal government by slowly but surely disproportionately taxing all US citizens has grown to a point where they buy the states compliance or punish if not complaint with its wishes. This to me, is wrong headed, and we deserve the government we have, but no one in their right mind would want a government that forces social policy on its citizens by judicial fiat.

    For the record, DO NOT say that SSM is about equality. I disregard that philosophy. Homosexuality is a sexual fetish, no different than any other fetish. Heterosexuality is the baseline potential of all humans, and most animals, IMO, and however and whenever someone waivers from that, whether exclusively or partially doesn't change that assertion, IMO. If a heterosexual engages in anal sex, that is a fetish, if they engage in drinking someone else's urine, that is a fetish, if it's in wanting to have sex with a child, that is a fetish. Some fetishes have become socially acceptable while some others remain not so much, but make no mistake, when it comes to what is socially acceptable, the people should decide. No one wants to take away the homosexual fetish and of those that wish to practice it either exclusively, or on occasion, but lets all please stop pretending that homosexuality is on equal ground with heterosexuality, and therefore in my opinion not worthy of any claim to equal marriage rights.


    Tim-
    Yeah don't ever post in one of my threads again. If you want those red states getting their collective ass whooped again, carry on, otherwise keep this lunacy in your head where it belongs.

    If you think any red state, even texas, would survive in non 3rd world status for even 2 years without the fed's enormous power to go into debt and distill some leakage of sanity onto the "land of cotton," dream on.

    Oh, and Uganda is ------>

    What is it ya'll love to say? "America, love it or GTFO"

  10. #190
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: US judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    No, you want what you perceive to be equality because you perceive homosexuals as equals to heterosexuals. Others don't see it that way.


    Tim-
    You're right, bigots don't see it that way. The judicial branch will never cater to that level of intolerance.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •