Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

  1. #11
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    so if the government is not doing the investiagtion they are paying someone too? yeah kind of seems like the same exact thing but with a different color paint in my opinion
    No, it might help if you read this....

    A special prosecutor generally is a lawyer from outside the government appointed by an attorney general or, in the United States, by Congress to investigate a government official for misconduct while in office. A reasoning for such an appointment is that the governmental branch or agency may have political connections to those it might be asked to investigate. Inherently, this creates a conflict of interest and a solution is to have someone from outside the department lead the investigation.

    Special prosecutor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #12
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it might help if you read this....
    damn you from releasing me from my cocoon of ignorance.

    Thanks obama

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    who hires the special prosecutor and how does he gain access to the private information?
    A special prosecutor is appointed generally by the AG or Congress, but those involved in this blatant witch hunt against libertarian/constitutional leaning groups are the ones who HAVE THE AUTHORITY to issue a special prosecutor....

    They're not going to issue one because they agree with the harassment and persecution of these "constitution based and libertarian organizations."

    The IRS (among other appointed individuals in government) are in deep **** once there is a turnover in congress and the presidency in the next couple of years.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,375

    Re: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    This comes as no surprise to this observer, how can you charge some one for doing their job. In the beginning it looked like only conservative groups were targeted, but as time wore on it came apparent that progressive were targeted as well. There were a total of 298 groups created by the BOLO ("Be On The Lookout") list, six of them were progressive. Conservatives have contended the remainder (or 292) were conservative, however the inspector general report says only 96 of them were conservative. The larger differences is due to the number of Tea Party and 9/12 groups created.

    CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’
    I can't believe that aren't going to fix the system so ALL these political groups pay taxes. That is the scandal.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it might help if you read this....
    Exactly what crime do you think was commited?

    What law was broken?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    A special prosecutor is appointed generally by the AG or Congress, but those involved in this blatant witch hunt against libertarian/constitutional leaning groups are the ones who HAVE THE AUTHORITY to issue a special prosecutor....

    They're not going to issue one because they agree with the harassment and persecution of these "constitution based and libertarian organizations."

    The IRS (among other appointed individuals in government) are in deep **** once there is a turnover in congress and the presidency in the next couple of years.
    I don't think this means what you think that it means.

    There's no there, there.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    I don't think this means what you think that it means.

    There's no there, there.
    It means exactly what it means....

    It means that those who have been appointed to appoint special prosecutors have no desire to do such and congress won't do it because it's split like a pizza...

    I do understand government and right now progressives have an overwhelming majority in appointed positions and a congress that is extremely divided...

    Progressives in government can do whatever the **** they want regardless of our founding documents - and they have done just that... Presently with the IRS they are trying to stuff out all dissent....

    I understand their intent..... I'm not an idiot.

  8. #18
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    wait who else would be able to investigate it though?

    I'm sure the government is completely honest about it all
    i think the reteaplicans might nominate glen beck to personally handle the investigation. An expert at financial audits and all.
    Last edited by chromium; 01-14-14 at 06:18 PM.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It means exactly what it means....

    It means that those who have been appointed to appoint special prosecutors have no desire to do such and congress won't do it because it's split like a pizza...

    I do understand government and right now progressives have an overwhelming majority in appointed positions and a congress that is extremely divided...

    Progressives in government can do whatever the **** they want regardless of our founding documents - and they have done just that... Presently with the IRS they are trying to stuff out all dissent....

    I understand their intent..... I'm not an idiot.
    Respectfully, this is much ado about nothing.

    No one was trying to silence speech.

    The non-profit status in question is NOT for partisan political activities. There's a different one for that. Fraud is a real problem in the non-profit community. Donations to political nonprofits aren't tax deductible and donors names are more public.

    So two groups file for 501(c)(3) status erroneously/illegally: those who want more money, which they'll get with deductibility. And those who wish to fund political activity anonymously.

    The people whose job it is to weed out these applications used keywords, like all search functions. It is unclear whether putting "tea party" on the list was a proactive decision by a bureaucrat or a response to previous issues with groups with "tea party" in the name. A political "party" cannot be a 501(c)(3) by DEFINITION.

    Add to this a huge increase in applications due to the CU decision.

    At worst it is a bureaucratic snafu where groups had their applications delayed
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: CNN Reports No Charges Likely In ‘IRS Scandal’

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Respectfully, this is much ado about nothing.

    No one was trying to silence speech.

    The non-profit status in question is NOT for partisan political activities. There's a different one for that. Fraud is a real problem in the non-profit community. Donations to political nonprofits aren't tax deductible and donors names are more public.

    So two groups file for 501(c)(3) status erroneously/illegally: those who want more money, which they'll get with deductibility. And those who wish to fund political activity anonymously.

    The people whose job it is to weed out these applications used keywords, like all search functions. It is unclear whether putting "tea party" on the list was a proactive decision by a bureaucrat or a response to previous issues with groups with "tea party" in the name. A political "party" cannot be a 501(c)(3) by DEFINITION.

    Add to this a huge increase in applications due to the CU decision.

    At worst it is a bureaucratic snafu where groups had their applications delayed
    You mean like ACORN and Planned Parenthood - of course their "offshoots."

    lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •