Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 246

Thread: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality [W:23]

  1. #231
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    How can it be a government dictatorship if the actions are done to protect the citizens from abuse?
    That is a very common claim of the dictator.

  2. #232
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    State abuse.

    State abuse.
    So it is the fault of the state when the state acts on behalf of big business to squash competition? Seriously? That the politicians writing the laws and regulations are in the pockets of business and favour them over the common man, is suddenly the fault of the state and not the system that allows it and the entities that are committing the corruption?

    First off, the mentality that the state pushed was everyone has a "right" to own a home. State abuse. The state created entities of Fannie and Freddie, that lowered standards continuously, is state abuse. The companies rightly assuming the state would bail them out is a state abuse problem.
    The crisis had nothing to do with Fannie and Freddie.. get your facts right.

    The state is abuse, it does not stop abuse.
    Bull**** from start to end. So if a guy bribes a politician to pass a law that gives him a monopoly to sell water in an area, then it is the fault of the state... not the guy or the politician?

    The only thing the state should do is protect the weak against the powerful or do you not agree with that?
    PeteEU

  3. #233
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So it is the fault of the state when the state acts on behalf of big business to squash competition? Seriously? That the politicians writing the laws and regulations are in the pockets of business and favour them over the common man, is suddenly the fault of the state and not the system that allows it and the entities that are committing the corruption?

    The crisis had nothing to do with Fannie and Freddie.. get your facts right.

    So if a guy bribes a politician to pass a law that gives him a monopoly to sell water in an area, then it is the fault of the state... not the guy or the politician?

    The only thing the state should do is protect the weak against the powerful or do you not agree with that?
    Yes, seriously. The system is the state, silly goose.

    But it did... get your facts right.

    Yes. The state is the entity that can do that, the fact that the state uses its power to abuse is a problem of the state, not of some alleged bribery. I am sorry to break it to you, the state is not some perfect entity that would just work if we got the right, non-biased, benevolent lawmakers. The state is a monopoly that has granted itself a legal monopoly on force, and it always filled with very biased people that got elected for ridiculous reasons, like their sex, or race, or how good they look, or if they stutter less than the last jackass in office, or that they think your life isn't faaaaaaair.

  4. #234
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,018

    Re: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    How can it be a government dictatorship if the actions are done to protect the citizens from abuse? You have no problem with almost no competition in your cable/ISP market?
    How can I be against free market competititon? You post rhetoric, I post rhetoric.

  5. #235
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    That is a very common claim of the dictator.
    Yes it is, but I damn well expect the government to be on the side of the people, not on the side of the few.. which is VERY different than a dictator.
    PeteEU

  6. #236
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Yes, seriously. The system is the state, silly goose.

    But it did... get your facts right.
    No it did not. In 2006 a huge majority of all mortgages was done in the private unregulated sub-prime market. They were loans that could not be bought by Fannie and Freddie, and it was THOSE types of loans that triggered the crisis. The reason that Fannie and Freddie got into trouble was outright miss-management coupled with a collapsing economy.. but it had nothing to do with triggering the crisis it self. That is the facts.

    Yes. The state is the entity that can do that, the fact that the state uses its power to abuse is a problem of the state, not of some alleged bribery. I am sorry to break it to you, the state is not some perfect entity that would just work if we got the right, non-biased, benevolent lawmakers. The state is a monopoly that has granted itself a legal monopoly on force, and it always filled with very biased people that got elected for ridiculous reasons, like their sex, or race, or how good they look, or if they stutter less than the last jackass in office, or that they think your life isn't faaaaaaair.
    Never claimed the state was perfect. In fact it is far from perfect depending on which country we are talking about. And yes democracy "sucks" as it can elect idiots, but hey rather have a democracy than not.. dont you agree?

    Now you claim that the state is a monopoly granted by itself.. hogwash on so many levels. First off the state did not grant a monopoly by itself.. we elected people to create the state on our behalf. That in the US it has been warped into you elect people to run the state on behalf of big corporations and the wealthy, only shows that the basis rules you base your state on are flawed and corrupted. But do you really think it would be any better if there was no "state" to run things like police and military and other services? Do you really think that the private free market could do that better? And if so.. based on what evidence?

    Like it or not, the basis of civilization is a state entity.. it can be the family, tribe, or parliamentary state and everything in between, but it has to exist in some format to even remotely have civilization.
    PeteEU

  7. #237
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    No it did not. In 2006 a huge majority of all mortgages was done in the private unregulated sub-prime market.

    Never claimed the state was perfect. In fact it is far from perfect depending on which country we are talking about. And yes democracy "sucks" as it can elect idiots, but hey rather have a democracy than not.. dont you agree?

    Now you claim that the state is a monopoly granted by itself.. hogwash on so many levels. First off the state did not grant a monopoly by itself.. we elected people to create the state on our behalf. That in the US it has been warped into you elect people to run the state on behalf of big corporations and the wealthy, only shows that the basis rules you base your state on are flawed and corrupted. But do you really think it would be any better if there was no "state" to run things like police and military and other services? Do you really think that the private free market could do that better? And if so.. based on what evidence?

    Like it or not, the basis of civilization is a state entity.. it can be the family, tribe, or parliamentary state and everything in between, but it has to exist in some format to even remotely have civilization.
    But it did. It was extremely regulated, and forced upon the companies through political pressure.

    First off, there are zero democracies in the world, because the system is bogus on its face. Majority force rule is a joke. Period. There are zero countries that are democracies. And no, I do not agree that democracy is the best or even the best yet discovered.

    I elected not one person. So take we, and keep it to yourself. The state granted itself a legal monopoly, and enforces it through its own granted powers, paid for through theft of labor. Corporations were created by the state, and are currently maintained, protected, and they were charted by the state, they are therefore a problem of the state and only the state. Based just on what you consider problems, we can determine that no state would be "better." Given of course that the state created those problems and continues them.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Yes it is, but I damn well expect the government to be on the side of the people, not on the side of the few.. which is VERY different than a dictator.
    You hope the government is on the side of the people, and a dictator is usually on the side of the people up until they are put into office.

  8. #238
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality

    Has there been any talk of Google and/or Apple of developing their own ISPs? Complete with their own fiber optic and coax infrastructure?
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  9. #239
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,780

    Re: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    How can I be against free market competititon? You post rhetoric, I post rhetoric.
    You're against free market competition because you are for measures that are anti-competitive. It's not hard.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #240
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,018

    Re: U.S. appeals court kills net neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're against free market competition because you are for measures that are anti-competitive. It's not hard.
    Regulation is by definition anti freedom. Its not hard.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •