Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 65

Thread: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

  1. #41
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,892

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    no

    first impressions are mostly true.
    Likewise.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Likewise.
    Maybe later, when those impressions have faded.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Yea, Germany has such a wonderful history of supporting civil rights and always doing what is right for people.
    and America does?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  4. #44
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,892

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    and America does?
    Far from perfect, but not genocide, nor trying to rule the world.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #45
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,892

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Maybe later, when those impressions have faded.
    Nope, we are done.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  6. #46
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    False. According to the EU, US State Department and the UN, forced removal of a population (what was done to the Native Americans) is a form of genocide.

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Far from perfect, but not genocide, nor trying to rule the world.

  7. #47
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,892

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    False. According to the EU, US State Department and the UN, forced removal of a population (what was done to the Native Americans) is a form of genocide.
    Believe anything you like - relocation is far from mass murder.


    gen·o·cide
    [jen-uh-sahyd] Show IPA
    noun
    the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.
    Funny, I don't see relocation here.

    Oopsie.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #48
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Far from perfect, but not genocide, nor trying to rule the world.
    Native Americans might disagree with the whole genocide thing.

    Thing is most countries have certain aspects of their history they are not proud of but that does not define who they are today. It say's a lot about your argument and maybe your legal system that the only way you could debate with this member was by attacking him and bringing up the Nazis.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  9. #49
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,892

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Native Americans might disagree with the whole genocide thing.

    Thing is most countries have certain aspects of their history they are not proud of but that does not define who they are today. It say's a lot about your argument and maybe your legal system that the only way you could debate with this member was by attacking him and bringing up the Nazis.
    I apologized, and moved on.

    Still did not make his ignorant statements correct, though.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wow! an investigation to see if further investigation is warranted. Do folks not understand what is being said? They can investigate all they want. The only thing they could possibly charge any of the cops with is a violation of Kelly's Civil liberties. And that would be a hell of a stretch to make.
    Actually that is EXACTLY what was done several times during the Civil Rights murders in the mid to late 60's. It isn't much of a stretch. it will take their badges away and get them a 10 year sentence. not the same as murder but better than nothing.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •