Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Really? You need to make up your mind. On one hand, you're saying jurors are more likely to walk criminals but now you're saying they're more likely to convict. Can't have it both ways. If your system of justice is such that you know the outcome before there ever is a trial then you might was well not bother with a trial.
    I can have it both ways by simply sumerising: A jury is more likely to make unobjective, unjust and unreasonable decisions.

    Like I said before, it`s a bunch of amatures.

    ps: If you reply to this post I will request a mod to splitt the thread.

  2. #22
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,888

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    You are deliberatly talking arround the point to miss the issue in question which is: What did you learn out of your history?



    What a pathetic excuse. What is the point of entering a debate if one is unwilling to defend ones position.
    There is no need for me to defend anything since you are clueless about the US legal system.

    Same reason there is no point in discussing physics with a toddler.

    No point in wasting time with ignorant folks who refuse to educate themselves.

    I suppose that I should also attend college and acquire a degree for you also, right?

    Not going to happen.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #23
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,888

    FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    I can have it both ways by simply sumerising: A jury is more likely to make unobjective, unjust and unreasonable decisions.

    Like I said before, it`s a bunch of amatures.

    ps: If you reply to this post I will request a mod to splitt the thread.
    More unfettered ignorance.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #24
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,481

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Imperfect as it is, I still believe in the jury system. The problem with a panel of judges is that having the same jury pool trial after trial leads itself to bribery.

    The one panel of judges we have called the supreme court are bribed by political parties.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    There is no need for me to defend anything since you are clueless about the US legal system.
    Oh I do know that a jury consists of strangers randomly picked from the public.

    You simply refuse to show how that is in any way right.

    Same reason there is no point in discussing physics with a toddler.
    Pathetic comparision since a todler does not even have the capacity of learning anything.

    No point in wasting time with ignorant folks who refuse to educate themselves.
    I speak 2 languages and will be going to uni soon after finishing some jobs to have some starting money.

    And what could you teach me? How to pick cotton? Do mud wrestling? Dance to country music?

    I suppose that I should also attend college and acquire a degree for you also, right?
    There are colleges that accept people like you? I doubt it.

    Not going to happen.
    Na. You simply dont have anything to defend your point.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    More unfettered ignorance.

    Another post with lack of arguments.

    Are you actualy capable of doing anything else but repeating the same talkingpoints over and over again?

  7. #27
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    I can have it both ways by simply sumerising: A jury is more likely to make unobjective, unjust and unreasonable decisions.

    Like I said before, it`s a bunch of amatures.

    ps: If you reply to this post I will request a mod to splitt the thread.
    No need to split the thread. I tend to forget just how much unquestioning trust Europeans have in their government. Our system was formed with a certain amount of distrust. Jurors are a check against governmental power. I can see why that would bother you.

  8. #28
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,888

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Imperfect as it is, I still believe in the jury system. The problem with a panel of judges is that having the same jury pool trial after trial leads itself to bribery.

    The one panel of judges we have called the supreme court are bribed by political parties.
    Same here.

    I have sat on 2 criminal juries, and 1 grand jury.

    The process is quite impressive.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #29
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,888

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    No need to split the thread. I tend to forget just how much unquestioning trust Europeans have in their government. Our system was formed with a certain amount of distrust. Jurors are a check against governmental power. I can see why that would bother you.
    The inherent mistrust that drives US governance.

    It is good having checks and balances in any system.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: FBI to Examine Kelly Thomas Trial Evidence After Officers' Acquittals

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    No need to split the thread. I tend to forget just how much unquestioning trust Europeans have in their government. Our system was formed with a certain amount of distrust. Jurors are a check against governmental power. I can see why that would bother you.
    I wont give any opposing arguments if you dont mind.

    The thread has been drailed enought.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •