Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 330

Thread: Police:Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested[W:308

  1. #61
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm waiting for the usual suspects to jump in and take his side. Certain people for whom the gun owner is never wrong....
    I take the side of letting this play out in the criminal justice system and I favor the defendant being afforded all constitutional protections unlike those who are ready to string him up right now.

  2. #62
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    The second word in the report is, 'retired'.
    He obtained his mentality from the job.

  3. #63
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,612

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    That moron just got pissed and killed a man over nothing.

    As an ex cop, he absolutely should have known better.

    Moron.
    I agree. Obviously gramps had an issue with anger. He was wrong and destroyed two families with his hot headedness. All I was saying was that the guy was standing up yelling at him, and if the guy asked him three times, the guy should have turned off the phone. But he certainly shouldn't have been shot over it.

  4. #64
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Are you suggesting like... every 3rd person carries a firearm? The states I've lived in, its pretty uncommon for someone to be armed...
    Well you're a progressive....so I'll assume you've lived in IL, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, CA? I live in MA, I will confirm what you're saying...there's only about 400,000 of us with licenses. The overwhelming majority don't. However, the younger generation is really grabbing the concept here and jumping on the 2A wagon. I can't tell you how many people are getting into it. Girls especially.

    As for that number, I'm going just based on licenses and population of the country.

    What's odd, CA has one of the highest number of gun owners in the country. Sort of an anomaly. CCW licenses out there are like unicorns though.

  5. #65
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I agree. Obviously gramps had an issue with anger. He was wrong and destroyed two families with his hot headedness. All I was saying was that the guy was standing up yelling at him, and if the guy asked him three times, the guy should have turned off the phone. But he certainly shouldn't have been shot over it.
    I'll agree here.

    It's a bit extreme. As annoying as cell use is, he should have just tasered him (too early for that joke?)

  6. #66
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,097
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    job.
    Perhaps scented candles in movie theatres would suffice.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  7. #67
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    What's odd, CA has one of the highest number of gun owners in the country. Sort of an anomaly. CCW licenses out there are like unicorns though.
    That is because before it was a democrat stronghold it was a republican stronghold.

  8. #68
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    Well you're a progressive....so I'll assume you've lived in IL, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, CA? I live in MA, I will confirm what you're saying...there's only about 400,000 of us with licenses. The overwhelming majority don't. However, the younger generation is really grabbing the concept here and jumping on the 2A wagon. I can't tell you how many people are getting into it. Girls especially.

    As for that number, I'm going just based on licenses and population of the country.

    What's odd, CA has one of the highest number of gun owners in the country. Sort of an anomaly. CCW licenses out there are like unicorns though.
    LoL, you know where I've lived because of a label next to my name? I've lived all over the West U.S., in Utah currently. Funnily enough every person I know that does CC is a poser who thinks they are Steven Seagal on the verge of foiling some violent criminal activity, and they love the attention they get about carrying. I'm sure most aren't like that but... its funny.

  9. #69
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    LoL, you know where I've lived because of a label next to my name? I've lived all over the West U.S., in Utah currently. Funnily enough every person I know that does CC is a poser who thinks they are Steven Seagal on the verge of foiling some violent criminal activity, and they love the attention they get about carrying. I'm sure most aren't like that but... its funny.
    Oh man, Utah has a HUGE number of people that carry. They love their guns out there.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Ah yes. The first sentence of the story.

    So then this wasn't a guy texting to the annoyance of his neighbors during the movie. The ex-police officer just decided to be a **** stirrer because he had a gun.
    I had a woman sitting next to me in a theater ask me to stop reading my email on my phone during previews. Said the light bothered her. I politely said I would stop when the movie started. I guess the previews are important to some people. Oh well.

    Just my guess but I think she was more worried I'd keep doing it during the movie. Which I did not. Maybe it was the same with this guy, not like it was remotely an excuse for shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •