Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 330

Thread: Police:Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested[W:308

  1. #211
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,617

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    We know this because you and others like you remain silent on the day to day incidents of violence, the victims, and perpetrators and instead only surface when it is the 'right' victims and especially the 'right' shooters. People are shot, stabbed, hell, beaten to death with a baseball bat every day in this country. SEVERAL every day. And you say precisely jack ****. Kids are shot, beaten and stabbed on a pretty regular basis in schools. The overall numbers dwarf the few sensationalized incidents and you say nothing. Oh...but let it be a CCW holder or some cute little pink kids in a school...and you and people like you are all over it.

    Its not about victims...its about the 'cause' for you.
    I'm glad you've been following my comments, career and public statements so closely.

    I guess I should start 50 threads per day, one for each victim? Or would you hate that too?

    I will have to say I do put my money where my mouth is and advocate for stricter gun control via the democratic process. I tend not to support pro-gun politicians or policies. But I bet you hate that, don't you.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #212
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I'm glad you've been following my comments, career and public statements so closely.

    I guess I should start 50 threads per day, one for each victim? Or would you hate that too?

    I will have to say I do put my money where my mouth is and advocate for stricter gun control via the democratic process. I tend not to support pro-gun politicians or policies. But I bet you hate that, don't you.
    Oh...I dont think a thread on every incident of violent inner city crime would be necessary. Hell...we could start with...one. Or, you know...since it happens daily...say once a week. Fact is, it doesnt happen. It gets ignored. And when others bring it up there is never a shortage of people attempting to divert responsibility from the perpetrators and instead assign blame to the gun lobby, law abiding citizens, poverty, slavery...anything but the person that actually commits the crime.

    As for your comment re gun control...of COURSE you care about the 'cause'. Thats what I said. Of COURSE you ignore the day to day violence and who commits those acts while focusing your efforts on law abiding citizens. All you are doing is affirming what I have said. DO I 'hate it'? No...to the contrary. I believe people like you should be honest. Give up the pretense of caring about anything but targeting private ownership of firearms, join hands with Dianne Feinstein and walk proudly. And really...it isnt like its not readily apparent. Just be honest. You dont give half a damn about victims...you hate guns. OH...you may couch it with the whole "I dont want to ban guns...just semiautomatic weapons, weapons capable of holding magazines, weapons with anything resembling a military feature...THOSE weapons. In fact...I think you and others should press for an amendment to the Constitution. Put it to a vote. I doubt it will get through congress and I absolutely am certain it will fail to pass muster with the requisite state ratification...but by all means...do so.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Police: Texting argument in movie theater sparks fatal shooting - CNN.com



    This is the other side of the coin. Some times having a "good guy" with a gun ends up being far more dangerous than what would probably have been a simple assault or verbal spat. If we had several times more people running around with firearms for "safety" I wonder how many incidents like this would increase. Humans can lose their temper and react irrationally in the moment. This reminds me of another story where a guy leaving his driveway in his truck was accosted by a door to door salesman and shot him point blank out of pure momentary rage.
    Yeah, but then we wise up and realize how many people are robbed, killed, or assaulted by criminals with handguns and realize we should all be allowed to protect ourselves.

    If we applied that thinking above to automobiles, we would all be walking to work everyday

  4. #214
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    That is why guns are so dangerous with suicide.
    We could have very harsh punishment for people who commit suicide? The suicide market has been deregulated, right?

  5. #215
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,522

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Yeah, but then we wise up and realize how many people are robbed, killed, or assaulted by criminals with handguns and realize we should all be allowed to protect ourselves.

    If we applied that thinking above to automobiles, we would all be walking to work everyday
    I'd prefer we work harder to stop the root cause of crime rather than arming everyone to try and stop the end result of their failure to properly integrate into society.

    I've gone my entire life without carrying a gun to protect me, haven't needed one yet. I drive a vehicle daily, it is an integral part of U.S. society in most places. Driving is essential and extremely regulated.

  6. #216
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,522

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    We could have very harsh punishment for people who commit suicide? The suicide market has been deregulated, right?
    You come up with the silliest nonsense.

  7. #217
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I'd prefer we work harder to stop the root cause of crime rather than arming everyone to try and stop the end result of their failure to properly integrate into society.
    Are you failing to integrate into society if someone breaks into your house and you defend yourself or your property with a gun?

  8. #218
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    Wait? So you are saying that a violent suspect has a history of unstable behavior? Like every other nut job?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #219
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Are you failing to integrate into society if someone breaks into your house and you defend yourself or your property with a gun?
    You do understand that, like guns are not the cause, not are they the answer. Guns are a solution to the personal issue of needing defense. They are not the solution to solving a societal dysfunction. And I am very pro gun.

    Remember to always revert to this style of thought because the liberal/gun control crowd cannot fight the argument that their may be something wrong with their "civilized" society.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #220
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Being serious now, this is how I feel. Yes, the cop was unstable. No, the other person shouldn't have been shot. That being said, when you go out of your way to not give a crap about the right of your fellow paying theater goers to enjoy their movie watching experience, you risk inviting dark elements into your life. It's like angrily honking your horn, tailgating and flipping everyone off. No, you don't deserve to die for this, but one day you're going to road rage the wrong guy, and you will have no one but yourself to blame.

    Fun fact: Northern Italy has a very low murder rate. Northern Italians are also giant assholes. Southern Italy has a high murder rate, and Southern Italians are very very polite. I do not consider these to be disconnected facts
    Never confuse kindness(or politeness) for weakness.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •