Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 330

Thread: Police:Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested[W:308

  1. #161
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I just can't stop thinking that if the guy had left the phone in his pocket, it wouldnt have happened. There's no disputing that fact.
    Do you blame women when they are raped too?

    Because that is the road you are continuing down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I have a feeling the defense team will try to call it self-defense because the victim was younger than the ex cop. He will claim he felt his life was in danger and was only defending himself.

    Not saying that is right but will have to wait and see how this folds out.
    Disparity of force?

    Just IMO, if he could have retreated, he had zero justification to use lethal force.

    This is where SYG laws fail, IMO. (not that that has been applied here yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #163
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,617

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Please define 'gun violence.'

    Because to me, that means 'crime.'

    Legally carrying gun owners commit the tiniest fraction of any type of violent crimes.

    Gun violence is by far committed by criminals and gangbangers.

    And thus, no laws will be effective to prevent their actions.

    Laws restricting guns and preventing carry only HARM law-abiding people.
    I was talking about homicides. Gun violence numbers are much much higher.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I was talking about homicides. Gun violence numbers are much much higher.
    And what number of that 14,000 homicides were committed by cc permit holders or people legally allowed to carry firearms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JoCo Kansas
    Last Seen
    03-01-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    373

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No, I dont believe it is. If so, please feel free to source it.

    I go by the evidence....nearly everyone owns and drives cars everyday and felons, the mentally ill, minors...all these people have to do is slap down the money...no background checks for instance.
    State Driving Law go to each states specific laws and regulations. There are thousands more laws and regulations surrounding the ownership and use of cars as opposed to guns.

  6. #166
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,617

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And what number of that 14,000 homicides were committed by cc permit holders or people legally allowed to carry firearms?
    Why don't you look it up?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E Buster View Post
    State Driving Law go to each states specific laws and regulations. There are thousands more laws and regulations surrounding the ownership and use of cars as opposed to guns.
    Sorry, you are using 'thousands more.' You'll have to provide some context.


    The restrictions...observably....are pretty minimal. Laws and regulations do not equal 'restriction.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JoCo Kansas
    Last Seen
    03-01-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    373

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No, I dont believe it is. If so, please feel free to source it.

    I go by the evidence....nearly everyone owns and drives cars everyday and felons, the mentally ill, minors...all these people have to do is slap down the money...no background checks for instance.
    According to most anti gun control people, anyone can get a gun. That's why everyone needs a gun.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JoCo Kansas
    Last Seen
    03-01-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    373

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And how many of those restrict use and ownership of cars?
    Virtually all of them.

  10. #170
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E Buster View Post
    That's why everyone needs a gun.
    Nope.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •