Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 330

Thread: Police:Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested[W:308

  1. #141
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,524

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    An isolated incident which proves nothing.
    Yes. Especially when you ignore and dismiss the other 14,999 incidents of gun violence per year (or is it 30k? Hard to keep up with the carnage stats).

    Carry on folks. Nothing to see here.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #142
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yes. Especially when you ignore and dismiss the other 14,999 incidents of gun violence per year (or is it 30k? Hard to keep up with the carnage stats).

    Carry on folks. Nothing to see here.
    More mindless drivel which continues to mean nothing.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #143
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,524

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    More mindless drivel which continues to mean nothing.
    Except for, you know, the 14,999 people who aren't here to read this.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #144
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Except for, you know, the 14,999 people who aren't here to read this.
    Typical bull****.

    Never let a good crisis go to waste.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #145
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,524

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Typical bull****.

    Never let a good crisis go to waste.
    When they happen at the rate of 50 per day, I'm pretty sure it's not capitalizing on a crisis....
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JoCo Kansas
    Last Seen
    03-01-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    373

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Um...I dont see that with regards to cars at all. I mean sure, we are attempting it currently by making new laws to stop texting and cell phone use. Yet the deaths continue to rise BECAUSE of those 2 things, despite laws.

    Again...what's your point? I am more in danger EVERY single day from a teen with a cell phone than a person with a gun.
    My point is that the rules and laws for cars are much more extensive than those for guns.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,715

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil E Buster View Post
    My point is that the rules and laws for cars are much more extensive than those for guns.
    I'm not convinced that's true, at least in terms of restrictions. There seem to be very few 'restrictions' on ownership and use of cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #148
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,562

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Cops have broken brains.... The judicial system has reenforced time and time again that cops are above the law and can do whatever the hell they want, when they want without consequence or minimal consequences.

    Cops shoot first and ask questions later.... That's why they love their tasers - they just love the idea of hurting anyone who doesn't obey their commands - even off duty.

    Hell, look at all the off duty cops here in Chicago that have gotten busted for beating the **** out of people while off duty "for not getting their way" and have gotten off with a slap on the wrist and in some cases even kept their job...

    Look at Drew Peterson (2 dead wives) while he plays stupid and his cop buddies believe it was all a coincidence...

    John Burge is another example here in Chicago - that **** tortured people into confessing to crimes they didn't commit for 20-years straight before the truth came out about that sick clown (he only got 4 years)...

    Cops are bad people who once they have it in their mind that you're a bad guy or a "punk" they believe they have the authority to use any force necessary to resolve THEIR problem with you (not a problem but THEIR problem)...
    I agree with this, as does my husband, and he was a cop for years. I'm not a fan of the police because I don't like bullies. No need to throw your weight around and try to act above the law just because you are the law. If police were held to the same standard as civilians, this BS might stop. Hell, if anything, they should be held to a higher standard, because they KNOW better.

    Also, I was just talking about Drew Peterson yesterday. Giant, raging, infected hemorrhoid.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JoCo Kansas
    Last Seen
    03-01-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    373

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I'm not convinced that's true, at least in terms of restrictions. There seem to be very few 'restrictions' on ownership and use of cars.
    You don't have to be convinced, but it is 100% accurate.

  10. #150
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,292

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    You can't be daft enough to think this way.
    I just can't stop thinking that if the guy had left the phone in his pocket, it wouldnt have happened. There's no disputing that fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •