Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 330

Thread: Police:Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested[W:308

  1. #111
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Yes, throwing popcorn made him fear for his life
    Technically, I believe that's still assault and battery. Not much evidence to present, though, except eye witness accounts and some butter on the shirt. lol!
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #112
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Yup.

    Just because I feel threatened by clowns does not justify a shooting rampage at Toys-R-Us.
    You said clowns so I thought you were talking about Congress ...
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #113
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,731

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    25% of the 100k CC permit holders in Utah. If 100% of them carried at all times it would amount to about 3% of the population.
    What? What is the 25% of the 100,000 cc permit holders 25% of? Why are you taking 25,000 of the top? I cant even formulate a question to properly ask...it's so random.

    And you cant use total Utah population...I wrote that elsewhere. You have to deduct anyone under 18 or 21, whatever the permitted age, and then account for the elderly/prisoners in homes/prisons, things like that, and then convicted felons who shouldnt carry.

    THEN you have a number much higher than 3%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,731

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Technically, I believe that's still assault and battery. Not much evidence to present, though, except eye witness accounts and some butter on the shirt. lol!
    Nope, it's assault and buttery.



    (sorry, couldnt resist. totally awful!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #115
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,413

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What? What is the 25% of the 100,000 cc permit holders 25% of? Why are you taking 25,000 of the top? I cant even formulate a question to properly ask...it's so random.

    And you cant use total Utah population...I wrote that elsewhere. You have to deduct anyone under 18 or 21, whatever the permitted age, and then account for the elderly/prisoners in homes/prisons, things like that, and then convicted felons who shouldnt carry.

    THEN you have a number much higher than 1%.
    I said earlier 25% was a number I just made up because I have no idea what percentage of cc holders actively carry. So all things considered instead of .8% it could amount to.. 1.5%?, or 4% if 100% of cc holders actively carry all the time? its still not very much, the precise amount is not important.

  6. #116
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Nope, it's assault and buttery.



    (sorry, couldnt resist. totally awful!)
    I just wonder who's next?

    Orville-Redenbacher-248523-1-402.jpg

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #117
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    What's odd, CA has one of the highest number of gun owners in the country. Sort of an anomaly. CCW licenses out there are like unicorns though.
    You should look at percentages instead of raw numbers. CA has the biggest population of any state beating out #2 Texas by a whopping 44%+. I would expect to find a very large number of guns on CA. What you won't find is a high percentage of gun ownership. CA is one of the lowest for that.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  8. #118
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Who would expect an ex-cop to do this? Even if permits were highly restricted, who would not support an ex-cop having one. What happened is complete insanity and a terrible tragedy.

    That's why I don't support gun laws. It's just too late now. We must accept their presence and conduct ourselves accordingly. Being an asshole in public is always risky - why call attention to yourself? Be nice and you'll likely not be a victim.

    As Kurt would say....so it goes....

  9. #119
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Otherwise, you probably be very surprised at the number of people that are armed. I mean...how would you know?
    The bulge in their jacket?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  10. #120
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Police: Texting in movie theater sparks fatal shooting, retired officer arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Who would expect an ex-cop to do this? Even if permits were highly restricted, who would not support an ex-cop having one. What happened is complete insanity and a terrible tragedy.

    That's why I don't support gun laws. It's just too late now. We must accept their presence and conduct ourselves accordingly. Being an asshole in public is always risky - why call attention to yourself? Be nice and you'll likely not be a victim.

    As Kurt would say....so it goes....
    Ex-cop, active cop.... This doesn't surprise me in the least.

    Next week, it will just be a different cop(s) in a different city.

    All of the news just repeats itself.

    It's time we stop children. What's that sound? Everybody look what's going down.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •