Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 475

Thread: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173:381]

  1. #71
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Excon is a troll, he does this in every similar thread taking the most ridiculous position, he gets off on it. I think it speak volumes about what kind of person he is.
    Funny how you say such crap while my opinion is in accord with the evidence and the Jury's decision.
    That must mean the Jury are a bunch of troll too, right?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #72
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Okay you are Right on that Point about an appeal.....they will be Re-tried. Now try and get around that ****.
    Please pay careful attention to what you are going to be told.
    Have you seriously not heard of double-jeopardy?
    There will be no appeal, period, and there will be no re-trial, period.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #73
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    they used violence on him and after that he was dead. So his actions lead to his death.

    They used force against force. They are allowed to do that.
    Kelly was resisting with such force as they had to, to no effect, taser him multiple times and call in multiples of back-up.
    Kelly's resistance lead to his own death.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #74
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    They used force against force. They are allowed to do that.
    Kelly was resisting with such force as they had to, to no effect, taser him multiple times and call in multiples of back-up.
    Kelly's resistance lead to his own death.
    There will always be police groupies like your messages are on any topic about police. There are a couple others on the forum.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You can hear the taser in the video.

    And?
    You can not hear Officer Cicinelli taser his head.
    You can't because he didn't.
    You can hear Officer Cicinelli say he used the taser as blunt object and smashed his face with it.


    Speaking in reference to blood.

    "I think it is him 'cause I, I, I ran out ... we ran out... we ran out of options so I got the end of my taser and I probably... I just started smashing his face to hell."
    video @ 10:30
    Kelly Thomas Official Bus Depot Video (With Court Text) Part 2 - YouTube





    And what one should pay attention to, is that the individual in question was resisting so forcibly that an Officer thought he was out of options in trying to subdue the resisting individual.
    Do you folks really not understand the situation they were in?
    This wasn't some simple take down and arrest.
    The guy was resiting with great force.

    It is like you are saying it is ok to resist and to walk away from an arrest.
    That isn't how it works. The more force you use to resist the more force is used against you.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #76
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    There will always be police groupies like your messages are on any topic about police. There are a couple others on the forum.
    Spare me the attitude joko.
    In one thread I am told I hate and do not like cops because I don't support what they did, which of course had something to do with my name. iLOL
    And in this one, here you are saying the exact opposite.
    Let me clue you in to something. They both can't be true. And in my case neither is.

    Kelly was in the wrong here and brought about his own death by resisting with great force.
    Last edited by Excon; 01-14-14 at 07:06 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #77
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Funny how you say such crap while my opinion is in accord with the evidence and the Jury's decision.
    That must mean the Jury are a bunch of troll too, right?
    This was an inner-circle case. The DA, the judge, and who picked the jury pool all employed in the same government entities as those officers. I do not believe this trial was videoed and put on for others to watch how hard the DA tried to prosecute.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    That is why as a juror I would have voted for manslaughter to give them the benefit of doubt.
    Wasn't manslaughter either.
    Thankfully the jury does not agree with you.
    They were doing their jobs and acted in accord to what they were presented with. A person resiting with great force.
    A person who was not subdued after 5 - 6 taserings.
    A person who they had to call in multiples of back up to get under control.

    Kelly brought about his own death.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #79
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    This was an inner-circle case
    BS! It was no such thing.
    Nor could you prove it to be.
    The entities are separate for each other.
    Last edited by Excon; 01-14-14 at 07:10 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #80
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Kelly was in the wrong here and brought about his own death by resisting with great force.

    That's absurd. He was face down on the ground with one arm wrenched up behind his back with what came to be a 1000 pounds of police on him. How was he resisting? But saying he can't breathe and cried out for his dad?

    You're claiming in that situation we was "resisting with great force" is police groupie sloganism.

    What happened is 100% unjustifiable. He was never even told he was under arrest nor had broken any law, was clearly unarmed and at no point attempted to assault any officer. He did try to walk away - which was 100% legal at that point. He had not been told he was being detained.

    For that non-offense totally legal action of trying to walk away from a cop pricking with him, he was thrown to the ground, numerous officers beating on him with clubs, big officers kneeing in his ribs, hitting him, tasering him in the face and literally crushing him to death with two of them using a car to balance to allow them both to put their clearly 200+ pounds each, plus the officer on top of him to crush him into the pavement.

    What the hell are you talking about for "great force?" of his "resistance?"

    The jury ruled they want cops to beat street bums to death in their city. They also voted they didn't want their taxes to go up from a civil lawsuit against their local government. The DA being of that government. Like the cops. Like who picked the jury pool for the jury. Like the judge who presided over the trial.

    The defense was simple enough. The make it an issue of whether they want the cops to do whatever it takes to get bums off the street or not?

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •