Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 471 to 475 of 475

Thread: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173:381]

  1. #471
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Here is a better perspective.

    Getting your head smashed into concrete repeatedly.

    14c6e124aa761c64ab7f5474724e84f1[1].jpg

    Getting arrested and cuffed.

    kelly-thomas-hospital[1].jpg

  2. #472
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Here is a better perspective.

    Getting your head smashed into concrete repeatedly.

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]67161001[ATTACH]

    Getting arrested and cuffed.

    kelly-thomas-hospital[1].jpg

    Wrong.
    The first shows one strike to the persons face with a fist.

    The second shows what happens when you grab and try to take the following device from an Officer trying to subdue you.


    You get hit in the face with it, in a measured and controlled fashion.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #473
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    If you try to reason with an EDP or drunk, you are asking for an ass-kicking. It's that simple.

    The US Supreme Court has ruled LEOs are not required to use the minimum amount of force, but reasonable force and yes, there are times where an officer can and should talk to a suspect and attempt to reason with them but there are times when you can't and should not attempt to.

    Policy, procedures, the LAW * the LAW* and experience come into play....The thing is COMPLY WITH THE COMMANDS THE FIRST TIME and avoid, the ass whippin
    Take a step back and reassess it from the beginning. This was not a fugitive who was armed and dangerous. Deadly force was used. In question here, is whether the leo's feared for their life enough to warrant the deadly force. When the cop instructed Thomas to get down on the ground, Thomas remained standing. They knew, however, that Thomas had a mental condition, and they knew he was unarmed. He wasn't a threat in any way, so they never should have had their batons out.

    If you actually believe 5 cops could not subdue and cuff this 135 lb. homeless guy in a matter of 15 seconds, then you lack the knowledge or skills required to make these assessments. All factors considered, it's unreasonable to say he could not have been subdued and cuffed without any bludgeoning or blows thrown at all. In one of the videos that a witness took with their cellphone of the altercation, you can hear bystanders saying "just cuff him already!". That's not something you would hear anybody say if it didn't appear that it could be done.
    There are none so blind as those who choose not to see....

  4. #474
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer - latimes.com

    I just got a text about this a few minutes ago. Wow. Wow wow. That's all I can say. I can't believe that they were found not guilty on all charges.
    "I fought the law and the law won." --Bobby Fuller Four
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #475
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Take a step back and reassess it from the beginning.
    You should really follow you own advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Deadly force was used.
    No it wasn't.
    The weight of the Officers inadvertently crushed his chest. That is not using deadly force.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    In question here, is whether the leo's feared for their life enough to warrant the deadly force.

    No. That is not the question, as they did not use deadly force.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    When the cop instructed Thomas to get down on the ground, Thomas remained standing. They knew, however, that Thomas had a mental condition, and they knew he was unarmed. He wasn't a threat in any way, so they never should have had their batons out.
    Bs! Kelly failed to comply and then decided to flee. The use of a baton to gain compliance was appropriate.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    If you actually believe 5 cops could not subdue and cuff this 135 lb. homeless guy in a matter of 15 seconds, then you lack the knowledge or skills required to make these assessments.

    It is right there on video for all to see. Those five Officers had trouble subduing a resisting Kelly.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    All factors considered, it's unreasonable to say he could not have been subdued and cuffed without any bludgeoning or blows thrown at all.
    Nothing but bs, and is contradicted by the actual evidence in the video.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    ... you can hear bystanders saying "just cuff him already!". That's not something you would hear anybody say if it didn't appear that it could be done.
    Just more meaningless bs.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •