Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 475

Thread: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173:381]

  1. #391
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No it didn't. You saying such is absurd.

    The system is what was trying to convict him.
    It was not trying to defend them.
    They got their own lawyers for that.
    Lawyers paid for by team members from the police department, lawyers facing city lawyers known for not really addressing police brutality. In effect, the system worked. It protected their own as per usual and then hired pansies to perform a mock trial. The system defended them.

    Aruna Singhania, an Orange County coroner’s office pathologist, testified that Thomas died of brain damage from lack of oxygen caused by chest compression and injuries to his face.
    Coroner's testimony in Kelly Thomas beating challenged
    Singhania said that after examining Thomas' body she couldn't determine the cause of death but reached a conclusion about three months later after conducting a toxicology report, a microscopic review and watching the video of the 2011 beating.
    Yep, the chest crushing is part of the beating. Don't like it? Take it up with common sense. Either you're being facetious or you don't understand that a beating doesn't just involve hitting somebody with a baton. The fact that they crushed his chest is also part of the beating. In effect, they beat him to death.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #392
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lawyers paid for by team members from the police department, lawyers facing city lawyers known for not really addressing police brutality. In effect, the system worked. It protected their own as per usual and then hired pansies to perform a mock trial. The system defended them.
    The system did not defend then. It prosecuted them.
    Learn the difference.




    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yep, the chest crushing is part of the beating. Don't like it? Take it up with common sense. Either you're being facetious or you don't understand that a beating doesn't just involve hitting somebody with a baton. The fact that they crushed his chest is also part of the beating. In effect, they beat him to death.
    You are simple wrong.
    The compression of his chest was not part of any beating. What an absurd thing to say.
    It was a result of trying to subdue him.
    Not beat him.

    Learn the difference.
    Last edited by Excon; 01-24-14 at 04:35 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #393
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The system did not defend then. It prosecuted them.
    Nope, it defended them.

    You are simple wrong.
    The compression of his chest was not part of any beating. What an absurd thing to say.
    It was a result of trying to subdue him.
    Not beat him.
    Lol, you're being facetious aren't you? You obviously do not understand that beatings aren't jut hitting somebody with a baton. If they had choked him, would that not have constituted part of the beating? Yeah, you're being facetious. Just like the time where you kept going on about how a group of lawyers paid for by members of the police department, facing city lawyers known for ignoring police brutality and supported by a jury made up of well off, poor hating residents is not "the system defending the cops". I'm sorry you do not like facts and common sense - but the facts are: the beating in its entirety killed him. Who provided the beating? The cops. They killed him through the injuries encompassed by their beating.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #394
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Nope, it defended them.
    Stop being absurd. No it didn't.
    It prosecuted and tried to convict them. At no point did the system defend them.
    If you don't like that, tuff take a poll. Maybe you can get some idiots to agree with you.
    It stil will =not change the fact that the System prosecuted and tried to convict them.





    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol, you're being facetious aren't you? You obviously do not understand that beatings aren't jut hitting somebody with a baton. If they had choked him, would that not have constituted part of the beating? Yeah, you're being facetious. Just like the time where you kept going on about how a group of lawyers paid for by members of the police department, facing city lawyers known for ignoring police brutality and supported by a jury made up of well off, poor hating residents is not "the system defending the cops". I'm sorry you do not like facts and common sense - but the facts are: the beating in its entirety killed him. Who provided the beating? The cops. They killed him, the injuries through their beating killed him.
    The crushing was a result of trying to subdue him caused by the weight of the Officers.
    That is not a beating. Your example of choking is also not an example of a beating. It is choking.

    Sorry you do not like the facts, but you do not get to change them to suite your own narrative.
    He was not beaten to death.


    And this crap about who was paying for the Officers?
    Try again.

    And not that it matters because you are wrong in what you assert, but that isn't the system either.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #395
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Stop being absurd. No it didn't.
    It sure did - look at the results.

    The crushing was a result of trying to subdue him caused by the weight of the Officers.
    That is not a beating. Your example of choking is also not an example of a beating. It is choking.

    Sorry you do not like the facts, but you do not get to change them to suite your own narrative.
    He was not beaten to death.

    And this crap about who was paying for the Officers?
    Try again.
    Especially as that is not the system either.
    Ah, so now cops, lawyers paid for by cops and city lawyers known for ignoring police brutality are not part of the system. Also, physical abuse taken during a beating does not constitute as part of the beating. I'm sorry, but this is beyond my ability now. You'll have to refer to the dictionary if you do not like the definitions of the system and want to make your own. May I suggest you start by removing physical abuse (which includes chest crushing) as a constituent of beatings?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #396
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It sure did - look at the results.
    Wrong.



    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ah, so now cops, lawyers paid for by cops and city lawyers known for ignoring police brutality are not part of the system. Also, physical abuse taken during a beating does not constitute as part of the beating. I'm sorry, but this is beyond my ability now. You'll have to refer to the dictionary if you do not like the definitions of the system and want to make your own. May I suggest you start by removing physical abuse (which includes chest crushing) as a constituent of beatings?
    The crushing was a result of trying to subdue him caused by the weight of the Officers.
    That is not a beating. Your example of choking is also not an example of a beating. It is choking.

    Sorry you do not like the facts, but you do not get to change them to suite your own narrative.
    He was not beaten to death.


    And this crap about who was paying for the Officers?
    Try again.
    You might want to actually research this before you continue spouting this nonsense.


    And not that it matters because you are wrong in what you assert, but that isn't the system either.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #397
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are wrong joko, and you know you are wrong.
    He laid hands on the Officer. That is aggressive behavior.
    And yes he did resist.

    False and false.

  8. #398
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    ...and police work is like sausage; everybody likes the end result, but nobody wants to see it being made.

    Who do you think imposes, *the use of force policies* to their officers? Its the command staff at the direction and mandate of City Council
    If you have anything to show what happened was on the "mandate of City Council" present it.

  9. #399
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    False and false.
    Yes you are asserting false information joko. And you know you are.

    He laid hands on the Officer. That is aggressive behavior.
    And yes he did resist.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #400
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes you are asserting false information joko. And you know you are.

    He laid hands on the Officer. That is aggressive behavior.
    And yes he did resist.
    No, he did not resist arrest. He did resist being crushed into concrete while being massively and violently assaulted by police officers. He resisted being killed - a reason to kill him in your opinion.

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •