Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 475

Thread: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173:381]

  1. #301
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    So you are just spouting off nonsense withouyt any factual information to back up what you say. Figures.
    Like I previously said. The only flagrant display here, are the assertions coming from your biased imagination.
    You have a slam-dunk for the prosecution because they had audio-visual of the entire thing, you have cops and DA trying to cover it up initially (perhaps you've forgotten the Mexican standoff with DA Racockass and the surveillance video that went on for days, while he allowed the cops to review it and get their story straight - they could have even deleted segments of it), and the same DA prosecuting his buddies that he tried to help, which is a clear conflict of interest. The video speaks for itself. Sure, Thomas was being a smartass, but , last I checked, being a smartass is still legal.

    You attempt to justify the murder by suggesting that normal police conduct calls for smartasses to be beaten to a pulp until they are unrecognizeable and dead. You keep parroting the ridiculous notion that these 6 cops couldn't take down this 135 lb. unarmed (and pleading for his life) homeless guy, and cuff him without beating him to death. 135 lbs.??? The video doesn't and never will corroborate these pathetic claims that 6 trained healthy cops' lives were in danger at any time. That's why if the jury was not bribed, then they were misled by less than honest jury instructions.

  2. #302
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    `
    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Believe it or not some of my hardest brawls have been with handcuffed individuals.

    Unless you were there, feeling what the officer/officers felt (from a physical resistance point of view) you simply cannot judge or are in a position to say the officer was wrong and to terminate....remember, the video everyone thought would convict the officers in the Rodney King incident acquitted them in the state criminal trial.

    NO incident is the same, none
    The video allows us to be "there". The video doesn't show the cops' lives being threatened. It shows them attacking someone and escalating, not subduing.

  3. #303
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Ah hello?
    Have you not been paying attention?


    The coroner's office determined that Thomas died of brain damage from lack of oxygen caused by chest compression and other injuries sustained during his struggle with police.

    Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer - latimes.com

    That is a direct result of his resisting.
    If he hadn't resisted he would still be alive.

    You force police to get on top of you to subdue you, and you are responsible.
    so they beat him fatally but not to death

  4. #304
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    For those who are interested in the opening argument of the Kelly Thomas trial, here's the video:
    I want to see the closing arguments, or any other part of the trial than the meaningless opening arguments that Racockass posted to try to show that he "tried". You have to be incompetent to not successfully prosecute a case like this - or deliberate malpractice. I think most interesting, however, would be the judge's instructions to the jury. Ron Thomas should request that the jury instructions be made a matter of public interest.

  5. #305
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    so they beat him fatally but not to death
    Umm...I don't think that's what the bolded line says.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #306
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Umm...I don't think that's what the bolded line says.
    That is a direct result of his resisting.
    If he hadn't resisted he would still be alive.

    You force police to get on top of you to subdue you, and you are responsible.

    so it may not have been murder or man slaughter but that doesn't seem to change the fatal beating how legal it was

  7. #307
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    You have a slam-dunk for the prosecution because they had audio-visual of the entire thing,
    What an absurd thing to say.
    No you don't.
    I can see that Kelly was resisting and that the Officers were responding to it.
    The jury saw it also. So it was not a slam dunk for the prosecution.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    you have cops and DA trying to cover it up initially
    No you don't. That is nothing more than your imagination.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    while he allowed the cops to review it and get their story straight
    Another thing that you can ot prove even happened.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    they could have even deleted segments of it), and the same DA prosecuting his buddies that he tried to help, which is a clear conflict of interest.
    You have no evidence that would suggest such.
    It i seven ridiculous to even assert such given that the Prosecutor charged them in the first place.
    All you are doing is trying to insert absurdity where it is not needed.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    You attempt to justify the murder
    You clearly are only asserting imaginative bs.
    There was no murder.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    by suggesting that normal police conduct calls for smartasses to be beaten to a pulp until they are unrecognizeable and dead. You keep parroting the ridiculous notion that these 6 cops couldn't take down this 135 lb. unarmed (and pleading for his life) homeless guy, and cuff him without beating him to death. 135 lbs.???
    He was not beaten to a pulp. He was recognizable. And he was not beaten to death.
    These assertions are nothing but figments of your own biased imagination.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    The video doesn't and never will corroborate these pathetic claims that 6 trained healthy cops' lives were in danger at any time. That's why if the jury was not bribed, then they were misled by less than honest jury instructions.
    You are clearly wrong on all accounts.
    It is more than clear that it took great force to overcome the great force Kelly was exerting in his resistance.


    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    It shows them attacking someone and escalating, not subduing.
    More absurdity.
    The video clearly shows the Officers trying to subdue a resisting Kelly.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #308
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    so they beat him fatally but not to death
    They didn't beat him fatally either.

    Most of what occurred was wrestling the resisting Kelly.



    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    That is a direct result of his resisting.
    If he hadn't resisted he would still be alive.

    You force police to get on top of you to subdue you, and you are responsible.

    so it may not have been murder or man slaughter but that doesn't seem to change the fatal beating how legal it was
    Striking a resisting individual is allowed.
    Nor was his death caused by his being struck. He died from asphyxiation which was a result of his chest being crushed. That is not being beaten to death.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #309
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    They didn't beat him fatally either.

    Most of what occurred was wrestling the resisting Kelly.



    Striking a resisting individual is allowed.
    Nor was his death caused by his being struck. He died from asphyxiation which was a result of his chest being crushed. That is not being beaten to death.
    so crushed fatally but legally look it seems excusive to me but i wasn't their so may it was not excusive and it was ruled legal but the guy and in all likely hood all the officers and every one else who might have been around would still be alive if thing had gone down differently on the officers part 1 guy vs 6 and the 1 guy was unarmed or might have been able to acquire them means to stun some 1

    i dunno

  10. #310
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    or might have been able to acquire them means to stun some 1
    Apparently most folks that take his side are willfully overlooking the fact that despite the strikes and the multiple taserings, he was still resisting.
    And the fact that it took that many Officers to subdue him because of his resistance.
    Are you one of those overlooking that significant information?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •