Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 475

Thread: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173:381]

  1. #291
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    For those who are interested in the opening argument of the Kelly Thomas trial, here's the video:

    [video=youtube;QaGJJMvUlTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QaGJJMvUlTw[video]
    An Opening argument is not evidence.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Making the statement I did is not dependent on whether I watched the video or not.

    ANYTHING can be misinterpreted - whether that misinterpretation is intentional or unintentional.

    The apparent disagreement between you and ric27 indicates that one of you must be at least partially misinterpreting the video.
    If you don't watch the video how are going to know what you're talking about? You're just making an argument based on ignorant. And also, stop trying to make stuff up. Ric didn't indicate disagreement that Kelly was on the ground and pinned face down. You're making stuff up.

  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    An Opening argument is not evidence.
    Did I say it was? Learn to read and comprehend please.

  4. #294
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Did I say it was? Learn to read and comprehend please.

    Never said you did, did I?
    Duh!
    I stated a fact which places the video in proper perspective.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #295
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    If you don't watch the video how are going to know what you're talking about? You're just making an argument based on ignorant. And also, stop trying to make stuff up. Ric didn't indicate disagreement that Kelly was on the ground and pinned face down. You're making stuff up.
    He did indicate, however, disagreement as to whether the police actions were justified or not. Unless I misunderstood.

    If that is the case, I repeat: I do not need any specific knowledge of the video to realize that if two differing opinions on it's meaning exist, misinterpretation must be present.

    If not ric27, perhaps Excon as an example.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #296
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    There was brawl coming from Kelly Thomas. He was in the receiving end of savage and brutal attacks all the while by six police officers. Seriously, you are going with Rodney King trial as your argument point? Really?
    Kelly as well as King did have it coming. Kelly (the offender) is/was in control of his future. Good behavior results in zero problems, smooth booking process and open lines of comms which is what is needed

    By acting violently (oc, tased, cuffed whatever ) violence is violence. He should expect the appropriate amount of force would be used to overcome his resistance. A decision made by the LEO. The offender summoned this use of force by his behavior. Had Kelly complied and been a gentleman he would be treated as such.

  7. #297
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,475

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    The mood of this confrontation is initiated by the first cop saying "Now see my fists? They're getting ready to (expletive) you up". That sets up everything.

    Yes, this is the officer I want cuffing me and throwing me in the back seat to do what he just threaten.

  8. #298
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    The mood of this confrontation is initiated by the first cop saying "Now see my fists? They're getting ready to (expletive) you up". That sets up everything.

    Yes, this is the officer I want cuffing me and throwing me in the back seat to do what he just threaten.
    No it wasn't.
    It was Kelly being uncooperative and playing his games.

    Which is exactly why the Officer issued a hollow threat in an attempt to gain compliance from Kelly.
    Last edited by Excon; 01-21-14 at 12:46 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #299
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,841

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No it wasn't.
    It was Kelly being uncooperative and playing his games.

    Which is exactly why the Officer issued a hollow threat in an attempt to gain compliance from Kelly.
    'Hollow'.

    Right.

    Amazing how you perfectly understand his intent without actually being there.

    Fascinating!

    Being such a soothsayer, what are the next Powerball winning numbers?

    Please share more of your knowledge.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #300
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    'Hollow'.

    Right.

    Amazing how you perfectly understand his intent without actually being there.

    Fascinating!

    Being such a soothsayer, what are the next Powerball winning numbers?

    Please share more of your knowledge.
    Ha ha ha ha . What is amazing is your inability to see the evidence that is there.
    Fact - It was nothing other than an attempt to gain compliance from Kelly.
    Evidenced by his statement of; If you don't start listening.


    Fact - Those hollow words were not acted upon.
    As evidenced by Kelly escalating the situation with further noncompliance and the Officers having to act in regards to his actions with their batons.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •