Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 475

Thread: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173:381]

  1. #251
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    That's a logical fallacy I had pointed out to you in another thread:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/off-to...post1062817477
    No it is not a logical fallacy as it is the fact of the topic. The jury decides. Period.
    There can only be an error in their decision if they decide outside the scope of the evidence, or there is a misapplication of the law.

    You are doing nothing but again showing you do not understand the system.
    Neither has been shown in this case. Nor could it be.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Do you understand, the relationship between resistance and control? How an officer can fluidly escalate and de-escalate *said* force and tailor that force to respond to evolving....repeat *evolving* levels of resistance?
    Yes, I do understand that. That's why I'm telling you Ramos was the one who escalated the situation from the beginning and never once let up nor de-escalate.

    But, hold on a minute. The whole argument was about your claim the officers had every right to use whatever means to protect themselves. All I was saying was that the unarmed homeless guy was on the ground being pinned down, beaten and tased multiple times, so what were the officers protecting themselves from?

    Here was your post:
    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Pay attention and maybe, you all might learn something....

    When LE tells you to lie face down on the ground with your hands behind your neck, it's for his own freaking protection and not because the suspect is black/yellow/red/purple... If you do as you are told, the cop more often than not will realize that he is mistaken and you are innocent... BUT, if you chose to resist ...aka not comply they have every right to use whatever means they have available to protect themselves..
    See how you're trying to evade from the original point of argument?

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No it is not a logical fallacy as it is the fact of the topic. The jury decides. Period.
    Insisting on logical fallacy is all you have. Got it.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Yes, I do understand that. That's why I'm telling you Ramos was the one who escalated the situation from the beginning
    And you are wrong, as he didn't.
    Kelly did by failing to cooperate, and instead chose to play his game.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #255
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Insisting on logical fallacy is all you have. Got it.
    That is what you are doing. As already shown.

    So again. Pay attention.
    No it is not a logical fallacy as it is the fact of the topic. The jury decides. Period.
    There can only be an error in their decision if they decide outside the scope of the evidence, or there is a misapplication of the law.

    You are doing nothing but again showing you do not understand the system.
    Neither has been shown in this case. Nor could it be.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is what you are doing. As already shown.

    So again. Pay attention.
    No it is not a logical fallacy as it is the fact of the topic. The jury decides. Period.
    There can only be an error in their decision if they decide outside the scope of the evidence, or there is a misapplication of the law.

    You are doing nothing but again showing you do not understand the system.
    Neither has been shown in this case. Nor could it be.
    Go ahead and indulge in your logical fallacy, Excon.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Go ahead and indulge in your logical fallacy, Excon.
    You are the one engaged in it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And you are wrong, as he didn't.
    Kelly did by failing to cooperate, and instead chose to play his game.
    The video clearly showed Kelly cooperated as much as he could despite Ramos' attempt to confuse him. Like I said, you're incapable of objective discernment, Excon.

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are the one engaged in it.
    Keep on twisting like you have been doing thus far.

  10. #260
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    The video clearly showed Kelly cooperated as much as he could despite Ramos' attempt to confuse him. Like I said, you're incapable of objective discernment, Excon.
    No it doesn't. It shows him being uncooperative from the start.
    You are the one not being objective, which is the norm.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •