Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 475

Thread: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer[W:173:381]

  1. #181
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Force used to control is acceptable.

    Excessive force was uncalled for, and resulted in his demise.

    You need to understand the word excessive.

    Apparently you do.
    The force that caused his death was not excessive.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #182
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    So did O.J.
    And he was not guilty. So how about limiting yourself to this case as that case is not similar to this.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #183
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And he was not guilty. So how about limiting yourself to this case as that case is not similar to this.
    Never said it was....but you are saying that you have the jury verdict on your side. Just pointing out the jury's often aren't right. Sorry.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #184
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    The thing you cop-lovers forget when you make these statements is that there was a video and we all saw it. 5 pussies killed a homeless guy. Watch the video. The video can't lie like you do.
    This has already been said and should have to be said again had you read the entire thread.

    In one thread I am called a cop hater, in another I am called a cop lover. They both can not be true.
    This should clue you in that what you see is a figment of your biased imagination and not reality.
    The fact that you use derogatory language in addressing the Officers who were tasked with subduing a person who was greatly resisting with force, speaks to that biased imagination.

    As for the video, it shows Kelly resisting with great force.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #185
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Never said it was....but you are saying that you have the jury verdict on your side. Just pointing out the jury's often aren't right. Sorry.
    Which is irrelevant, as you can not show they got it wrong.

    The video clearly shows Kelly resisting.
    The Officers training allows them to use force.

    The required amount of Officers it took to subdue Kelly is what caused the crushing.
    That is not murder or manslaughter, but Officers doing their job.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #186
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    This was expected, as the Officers were dealing with a person resisting. They had to use force to get him to comply.
    yeah now that he's DEAD he can comply..

    Utterly sickening.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  7. #187
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    yeah now that he's DEAD he can comply..

    Utterly sickening.
    The Officers did not set out to kill him.
    It is unfortunate, but died as a result of his resisting. Had he not resisted he would still be alive.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #188
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The Officers did not set out to kill him.
    It is unfortunate, but died as a result of his resisting. Had he not resisted he would still be alive.
    First of all, six armed police officers against one homeless, mentally ill individual-- Pathetic. Let's examine that for a moment. Why six police officers? Only cowards fight like that, six on one. Secondly, what did Kelly do to deserve being searched? Last I checked, this is America and people have rights. Should people simply agree to be searched at will with no cause? Lastly, Kelly was mentally ill. He was probably scared because he was surrounded by armed police officers. Fact is, the police don't know how to deal with the mentally ill.

    I hope these cowards at least don't have a career to return to..
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  9. #189
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    First of all, six armed police officers against one homeless, mentally ill individual-- Pathetic. Let's examine that for a moment. Why six police officers? Only cowards fight like that, six on one.
    You know not of what you speak.
    Sometimes it can take more Officers to subdue an individual.


    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Secondly, what did Kelly do to deserve being searched? Last I checked, this is America and people have rights. Should people simply agree to be searched at will with no cause?
    A report of a suspicious person was called it.
    He did not have to consent to any search.

    Yet they found property not belonging to him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    He was probably scared because he was surrounded by armed police officers. Fact is, the police don't know how to deal with the mentally ill.
    Kelly was not scared, afraid or squat. He had had many run-ins with police. He was playing a game with them.
    He even told the Officer to start swinging.


    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I hope these cowards ...
    Cowards do not confront hostile people. Can your bs.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #190
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Police not guilty in Kelly Thomas death; DA won't try 3rd officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Which is irrelevant, as you can not show they got it wrong.

    The video clearly shows Kelly resisting.
    The Officers training allows them to use force.

    The required amount of Officers it took to subdue Kelly is what caused the crushing.
    That is not murder or manslaughter, but Officers doing their job.
    There was no resisting until the unprovoked baton blow to the stomach....watch the friggin video!

    Of course, police can use force....but the law also says that there is no duty to submit to any unlawful or excessive use of force. This was clearly excessive and unlawful. These cops were thugs.....and give a bad name to the 99% of good cops out there.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •