Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 118

Thread: Religious Accommodation at York

  1. #81
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Religious Accommodation at York

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The simple fact you want to eradicate religion speaks volumes. Are you a nonviolent individual who values the Bill of Rights or are you a totalitarian like Stalin? because in order to eradicate religion takes epic violence and totalitarian ideologies.

    Furthermore it takes a philosophy that will replace religion and the faith associated such as government (which creates totalitarian government)...

    There is no reason to be logically offended by the concept of religion - just the way a said religion is practiced....

    As a Christian my Church has an extremely humble service, we don't kill people or sacrifice animals or do anything remotely controversial, but on the other hand there are some extremist Muslims out there who believe it's God's will to kill people while using them as martyrs - or militantly shoving region down peoples throats when they don't want that.

    I suppose my point is that, maybe you should analyze how religions practice (of all faiths) and then attack the ones that actually do poison the world with their actions...

    And....Whhhhooooa....

    You think religions other than you one subscribe (which is the good religion, right?)...a lot are bad religions and that they should be attacked. REALLY?! What the hell do think that they think? How do you think this world got in such a mess? Religious wars and hatred for others are pretty evident.

    Man...

  2. #82
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Religious Accommodation at York

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    You points aren't logical. My not having religion doesn't make me any less respectful to my fellow beings. It doesn't make me want to eradicate human beings, just religious dogma. It doesn't make me not believe in rights...Bill of Rights or Human Rights.

    I probably have more concern and respect for human life than a lot of people who subscribe to religion.

    Being an atheist doesn't make me believe I have the right to be unlawful...or have less concern for humanity...or...all living things.
    Part of being respectful of others is to not infringe on their beliefs....So, when you say....

    "I don't have the power to simply erase religion from people's minds.

    But, I would if I could..."

    is about as dis-respectful as one can get.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Religious Accommodation at York

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    You points aren't logical. My not having religion doesn't make me any less respectful to my fellow beings. It doesn't make me want to eradicate human beings, just religious dogma. It doesn't make me not believe in rights...Bill of Rights or Human Rights.

    I probably have more concern and respect for human life than a lot of people who subscribe to religion.

    Being an atheist doesn't make me believe I have the right to be unlawful...or have less concern for humanity...or...all living things.
    Hey man, you said this: "But, I would if I could.....BUT I CAN'T!" when speaking of religion.

    That' just not right man.....

    You claimed if you had the ability to eradicate religion you would and IMO, I find that upsetting.... That's what Stalin did, Mao, Ho Chi Minh etc.. Do you really want to share the same philosophy as those guys or do you want to embrace our First Amendment?

    As far as I'm concerned - my practicing of my religion isn't hurting you (better yet it's helping the geo-community" so I find what I'm doing for myself to be good (even if it is blind faith) but good in practice because I'm helping people around the world.

    Some religions aren't that "liberal" tho and many view their position as a human to promote even through carnage..... I find that as a Christian just contradictory to the premise of religion in general.

    You can't let a few bad apples spoil the batch..

    Furthermore, I would love to know what your concerns of religion are.

  4. #84
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Religious Accommodation at York

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Part of being respectful of others is to not infringe on their beliefs....So, when you say....

    "I don't have the power to simply erase religion from people's minds.

    But, I would if I could..."

    is about as dis-respectful as one can get.
    Bull****! That's not infringing. That's disagreeing. What hell are you talking about? I can't infringe on a belief until it's manifested into a behavior!

    How can one infringe something inside somebody's mind without restraining them physically way and distort their thoughts with some machine?

    What you are saying is absurd.

  5. #85
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Religious Accommodation at York

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Hey man, you said this: "But, I would if I could.....BUT I CAN'T!" when speaking of religion.

    That' just not right man.....

    You claimed if you had the ability to eradicate religion you would and IMO, I find that upsetting.... That's what Stalin did, Mao, Ho Chi Minh etc.. Do you really want to share the same philosophy as those guys or do you want to embrace our First Amendment?

    As far as I'm concerned - my practicing of my religion isn't hurting you (better yet it's helping the geo-community" so I find what I'm doing for myself to be good (even if it is blind faith) but good in practice because I'm helping people around the world.

    Some religions aren't that "liberal" tho and many view their position as a human to promote even through carnage..... I find that as a Christian just contradictory to the premise of religion in general.

    You can't let a few bad apples spoil the batch..

    Furthermore, I would love to know what your concerns of religion are.
    What part of RELIGIOUS DOGMA vs people who subscribe to such....don't you understand.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Religious Accommodation at York

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    And....Whhhhooooa....

    You think religions other than you one subscribe (which is the good religion, right?)...a lot are bad religions and that they should be attacked. REALLY?! What the hell do think that they think? How do you think this world got in such a mess? Religious wars and hatred for others are pretty evident.

    Man...
    No I don't of the Three main religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) We all believe in the same God, just have different prophets and worship them in different ways.

    In the end we are all the same, worship is the only difference.

  7. #87
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Religious Accommodation at York

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Bull****! That's not infringing. That's disagreeing. What hell are you talking about? I can't infringe on a belief until it's manifested into a behavior!

    How can one infringe something inside somebody's mind without restraining them physically way and distort their thoughts with some machine?

    What you are saying is absurd.
    YOU said "I don't have the power to simply erase religion from people's minds.

    But, I would if I could..."

    You can get upset all you want, but you said it, I didn't....You would "erase" religion. That is what is Bull ****.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #88
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Religious Accommodation at York

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I can't infringe on a belief until it's manifested into a behavior!

    How can one infringe something inside somebody's mind without restraining them physically way and distort their thoughts with some machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I don't have the power to simply erase religion from people's minds.

    But, I would if I could.....BUT I CAN'T!
    You want to.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Religious Accommodation at York

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    What part of RELIGIOUS DOGMA vs people who subscribe to such....don't you understand.
    Fine, you believe you're too logical and smart for religion - you know - and humans know everything there is to know about everything.

    Maybe we should just discontinue science considering we're so smart???? I mean the human mind couldn't be bothered by such an Idea such as string theory (despite the fact it takes about as much faith in God to believe as a viable theory)....

    Oh I forgot, since I'm a Christian I cannot have any interest in the sciences because that would just be sacrilegious....

    Dogma hahaha

  10. #90
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Religious Accommodation at York

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Fine, you believe you're too logical and smart for religion - you know - and humans know everything there is to know about everything.

    Maybe we should just discontinue science considering we're so smart???? I mean the human mind couldn't be bothered by such an Idea such as string theory (despite the fact it takes about as much faith in God to believe as a viable theory)....

    Oh I forgot, since I'm a Christian I cannot have any interest in the sciences because that would just be sacrilegious....

    Dogma hahaha
    Well, you can sleep well knowing that I don't have magic powers to make magical thinking disappear.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •