Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 130

Thread: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    .

    Holder belongs in prison on charges of tyranny.
    No, Holder, wants to marry Obama! We wish them happiness.

  2. #82
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    A) Based on what? Has their (Utah's) legal system declined the legality of SSM? Or it it still open for judicial review?

    B) Yes, but that decision was at the federal level...so because it was based on "equal protection and equal treatment under the law" which are Constitutional...how can denial of SSM be legal in ANY state? (Tyranny of the majority over the minority....)
    A.) no its still 100% open hence the trail they thier is only a stay for issuing new licences and deciding whether they will in the future. When the court cases doesn't go thier way which is my guess then UTAH will be granting equal rights again. But it also could go the other way.

    B.) I agree with you in theory but since the ruling was very narrow in the other SCOTUS cases and the verbiage was how it was in the DOMA decision until its challenged thats just the way it is unfortunately. The best and awesome part to me is that one of the main things HELPING equal rights is all the BANNINGS, because they give clear footing for cases lol, sweet poetic justice.

    I know logically it doesnt make sense and i agree but thats the way it is right now.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #83
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    1.)I wonder if Holder told the IRS that he did this.

    2.)Does this mean the same sex couples inUtah can file as married couples now?

    3.) Didn't he need to change rules and laws before he made this statement?

    4.) I thought the feds were not at the point where they were recognizing same sex marriages yet.
    1.) he didnt do anything, nor does the IRS need told they already have this policy in place and did so last year
    2.) yes for now
    3.) no
    4.) this is also incorrect this happened with the fall of DOMA and then various IRS and other FEDs clarifying how the fall od DOMA effects them. Theres many threads here about it. The Fed recognizes all legal marriages. That happened last year.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #84
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,999

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I would love to know why the Feds believe they can just do whatever they want..... It's keen to the authoritarian policies of the former USSR (who I believe Holder, Obama, Reid and Pelosi absolutely adore)...

    Holder belongs in prison on charges of tyranny.
    groan...

  5. #85
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    A.) no its still 100% open hence the trail they thier is only a stay for issuing new licences and deciding whether they will in the future. When the court cases doesn't go thier way which is my guess then UTAH will be granting equal rights again. But it also could go the other way.

    B.) I agree with you in theory but since the ruling was very narrow in the other SCOTUS cases and the verbiage was how it was in the DOMA decision until its challenged thats just the way it is unfortunately. The best and awesome part to me is that one of the main things HELPING equal rights is all the BANNINGS, because they give clear footing for cases lol, sweet poetic justice.

    I know logically it doesnt make sense and i agree but thats the way it is right now.
    OK thanks. I probably need to read more of US vs Windsor for context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #86
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Utah to allow same sex married couples, even those married out of state, to file taxes jointly.

    Utah state officials say newly married gay and lesbian couples can jointly file their taxes for 2013.

    Tax commission spokesman Charlie Roberts said the ruling announced Thursday also pertains to same-sex couples legally married in other states.
    Utah Officials Allow Joint Tax Filing For Married Same-Sex Couples
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Holder: Feds recognize Utah's same-sex marriages | MSNBC




    Back-up Links:
    Federal government to recognize same-sex marriages in Utah | Fox News
    Feds Recognize Same-Sex Couples in Utah - ABC News
    Holder: Same-sex marriages in Utah legal under federal law - The Washington Post
    Feds recognize same-sex couples in Utah - The Denver Post
    Utah gay marriages will be recognized by federal government, attorney general says - U.S. News
    Breaking: Obama administration will recognize same-sex marriages in Utah – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
    Feds Say They Will Recognize Same-Sex Marriages Performed In Utah « CBS Sacramento

    Seem to be some confusion on this not only here but nationally so here the breaking news to correct the misinformed and misinformation.

    Some though the utah marriages were magically null and voided and that they were currently worthless and meaningless as you can see above this is factually false.
    Whether more marriages can be done will be left to trail but currently all those marriages are legal and get FEDERALLY recognized and the state will also be recognizing them for any FEDERAL needs.

    Hope this helps with the confusion.
    SO do they recognize all the revoked drivers licenses in that state as well? What else can be simply overlooked just because some idiot name holder says so?

  8. #88
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    1.)SO do they recognize all the revoked drivers licenses in that state as well?
    2.) What else can be simply overlooked just because some idiot name holder says so?
    1.) wow where do i start with such a failed argument
    what does a drivers license have to do with a civil marriage contract? oh thats right nothing lol
    what federal benefits, rights and legality come with a drivers licenses?
    nothing has been revoked yet and theres no court cases that make the drivers license in limbo to the state
    what drivers licences have been revoked for a persons sexual orientation

    another completely failed strawman posted by you and facts destroy it again

    2.) nothing was overlooked and holder simply followed the law and cleared it up for the people confused so your second strawman fails also
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) wow where do i start with such a failed argument
    what does a drivers license have to do with a civil marriage contract? oh thats right nothing lol
    what federal benefits, rights and legality come with a drivers licenses?
    nothing has been revoked yet and theres no court cases that make the drivers license in limbo to the state
    what drivers licences have been revoked for a persons sexual orientation

    another completely failed strawman posted by you and facts destroy it again

    2.) nothing was overlooked and holder simply followed the law and cleared it up for the people confused so your second strawman fails also
    Driver's licenses are recognized state to state just like marriage contracts, so if a state make either invalid and is over-ruled by the FED then one can only assume that this would apply to any license issued by that state.

  10. #90
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,046

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.nick View Post
    no they selectively followed the law...

    When the law puts a damper on their plight they circumvent the law, but when it works in their favor they champion themselves as founding fathers....

    These clowns are are real pieces of ****.....
    I AM RIGHT!
    Capslocks are coming for all of you!!!1
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •