Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 130

Thread: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

  1. #71
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) already did in the OP
    2.) see #1

    what you really want is to debate something off topic, philosophy driven and or opinions on the issue.

    I have no desire, i just posted a news story of the FED clearing up the facts and law for those confused who thought the marriages were magically nullified and meaningless. They were factually wrong.
    For some reason this news seems to bother you but thats your issue not mine.
    IOW, you have no defense or interest for that matter...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #72
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    IOW, you have no defense or interest for that matter...
    once again theres nothing to defend and what "I" wanted to talk about is in the OP and what "I" wanted to prove wrong was in fact proved wrong, The marriages are not currently nullified and they are not currently meaningless. THis is the topic along with the facts and laws the fed cleared up for those misinformed.

    if YOU would like to start a different topic feel free to do so or if you think the many links in the OP or what i proved wrong is not true simply bring any facts to the table to prove otherwise. Id love to read them.lol

    but no i have no interest in some off topic debate about your opinions and philosophies that have nothing to do with the OP, is there a reason why i should care about what you want? especially when it has nothing to do with the op/topic?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #73
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    once again theres nothing to defend and what "I" wanted to talk about is in the OP and what "I" wanted to prove wrong was in fact proved wrong, The marriages are not currently nullified and they are not currently meaningless. THis is the topic along with the facts and laws the fed cleared up for those misinformed.

    if YOU would like to start a different topic feel free to do so or if you think the many links in the OP or what i proved wrong is not true simply bring any facts to the table to prove otherwise. Id love to read them.lol

    but no i have no interest in some off topic debate about your opinions and philosophies that have nothing to do with the OP, is there a reason why i should care about what you want? especially when it has nothing to do with the op/topic?
    You have proven nothing. You have merely posted someone's else's OPINION...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #74
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    1.)You have proven nothing.
    2.) You have merely posted someone's else's OPINION...
    1.) the facts in the OP disagree with your opinion and prove it wrong
    2.) nope i posted what is factually taking place according to the law, FED and State

    the marriages FACTUALLY arent null currently
    the marriages FACTUALLY arent meaningless and do have legality currently

    these facts have been proven by law, FED and State

    if you disagree simply provide any facts you have that prove otherwise
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #75
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) the facts in the OP disagree with your opinion and prove it wrong
    2.) nope i posted what is factually taking place according to the law, FED and State

    the marriages FACTUALLY arent null currently
    the marriages FACTUALLY arent meaningless and do have legality currently

    these facts have been proven by law, FED and State

    if you disagree simply provide any facts you have that prove otherwise
    No, it's merely an opinion which you seem more than happy to repeat without being able to defend...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #76
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    No, it's merely an opinion which you seem more than happy to repeat without being able to defend...
    so you dont have any facts that prove the facts of the OP wrong? Let me know when you do.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #77
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,139

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    but they aren't handing out anymore of them now, are they?
    Not until the court case is finished.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  8. #78
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    Not until the court case is finished.
    So as it stands, my OP is factual.(to coin Agent J's favorite term)

  9. #79
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) correct its not a court case or a decision really its a clarification.
    2.) I dont know about ANY youd have to be more specific. But these ones, YES currently

    A.) Yes 100% for now
    B.) not sure what you are asking here in states where no SSM marriages have been legally performed theres nothing to challenge in either direction.
    A) Based on what? Has their (Utah's) legal system declined the legality of SSM? Or it it still open for judicial review?

    B) Yes, but that decision was at the federal level...so because it was based on "equal protection and equal treatment under the law" which are Constitutional...how can denial of SSM be legal in ANY state? (Tyranny of the majority over the minority....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Holder: Feds recognize Utah's same-sex marriages | MSNBC




    Back-up Links:
    Federal government to recognize same-sex marriages in Utah | Fox News
    Feds Recognize Same-Sex Couples in Utah - ABC News
    Holder: Same-sex marriages in Utah legal under federal law - The Washington Post
    Feds recognize same-sex couples in Utah - The Denver Post
    Utah gay marriages will be recognized by federal government, attorney general says - U.S. News
    Breaking: Obama administration will recognize same-sex marriages in Utah – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
    Feds Say They Will Recognize Same-Sex Marriages Performed In Utah « CBS Sacramento

    Seem to be some confusion on this not only here but nationally so here the breaking news to correct the misinformed and misinformation.

    Some though the utah marriages were magically null and voided and that they were currently worthless and meaningless as you can see above this is factually false.
    Whether more marriages can be done will be left to trail but currently all those marriages are legal and get FEDERALLY recognized and the state will also be recognizing them for any FEDERAL needs.

    Hope this helps with the confusion.
    I wonder if Holder told the IRS that he did this.

    Does this mean the same sex couples inUtah can file as married couples now?

    Didn't he need to change rules and laws before he made this statement?

    I thought the feds were not at the point where they were recognizing same sex marriages yet.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •