Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 130

Thread: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

  1. #31
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    people have to learn the FACTS somehow

    also this is breaking news, please see the OP and date of articles, the other thread had its own breaking news link and story that was about UTAH on the 8th, this is about the FED on the 10 straightening people out to the facts they were confused on.

    Do you have any facts to offer on this topic?
    We already know what you consider fact (your opinion) as you have repeated it incessantly ignoring actual facts that get in the way of your "factual" opinions. Now you have two threads on the same topic to use your regurgitate, rinse, regurgitate tactic upon.

  2. #32
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    [/color][/b]
    Did you miss me?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Well that's great, and I knew that already, just like Obama is the Drone President, but you and I both don't trust him as far as we can throw him, right? By the way, MOST of those deportation are immediate deportations caught red handed crossing the border and given a bus ride out. That's good policing, but hardly credited to Obama, and Holder. They're on record saying they support a "pathway to citizenship", and amnesty, and recently last year refused to openly go after children of illegals. What it means is that a record number of illegals are trying to get here before the amnesty bill..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #34
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I see your reading comprehension is not very well developed...
    right on time! a failed insult when one has nothign of merit, accuracy or fact to present.
    Please stay on topic and try to be civil when you have something on topic and accurate let us know.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #35
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    right on time! a failed insult when one has nothign of merit, accuracy or fact to present.
    Please stay on topic and try to be civil when you have something on topic and accurate let us know.
    Self descriptors?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    So then, if I'm understanding the decision correctly (actually, Holder's statement is not really a court decision), then based on the previous decision US vs Windsor that recognized SSM, any other marriages currently legally performed *shall stand.*

    2 questions:

    1) If the legality of SSM in Utah is still undecided...were those marriages legally performed?

    2) If we have the US vs. Windsor decision, then how can any state challenge it? That SCOTUS decision is based on "equal protection and equal treatment under the law."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #37
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    right on time! a failed insult when one has nothign of merit, accuracy or fact to present.
    Please stay on topic and try to be civil when you have something on topic and accurate let us know.
    Not an insult, just a statement of fact. The proof of your tactic is there for all to see, and it's transparent. We get it, we know your opinion.

  8. #38
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,419

    re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well that's great, and I knew that already, just like Obama is the Drone President, but you and I both don't trust him as far as we can throw him, right? By the way, MOST of those deportation are immediate deportations caught red handed crossing the border and given a bus ride out. That's good policing, but hardly credited to Obama, and Holder. They're on record saying they support a "pathway to citizenship", and amnesty, and recently last year refused to openly go after children of illegals. What it means is that a record number of illegals are trying to get here before the amnesty bill..


    Tim-

    I don't really trust Obama as well but I support amnesty so on that we will disagree. Back to a federal recognition of a marriage, I think that's great.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  9. #39
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    We already know what you consider fact (your opinion) as you have repeated it incessantly
    2.) ignoring actual facts that get in the way of your "factual" opinions.
    3.) Now you have two threads on the same topic to use your regurgitate, rinse, regurgitate tactic upon.
    1.) I havent presented any opinion and called it fact, if you disagree point it out and factually prove it to be opinion
    2 .) I havent ignored any facts and called them not true. if you disagree simply point out the FACTS i ignored and said they werent facts
    3.) nope only one but in both threads i have posted facts and backed them up with links.

    Cant wait to see your proof, maybe you are right? Id guess youll dodge this request though
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #40
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Self descriptors?
    so the answer is you dont have anything on topic, actual and factual to st, got it. I knew that but let us know when it changes. Thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •