Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I accept your surrender.
    Forget it... you go on my banned list...

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Your white, straight, cisgender, male, Christian, etc. privileges blind you from seeing the oppression that nonwhites, LGBTs, women, nonchristians, noncitizens, etc. get to endure in varying degrees in the United States of America in the year 2014. And when this privilege is pointed out to you, you can choose to view it as an attack or a learning opportunity. You have chosen the reaction I chose for many years. May you find the healing that soon comes from acknowledging your privilege.
    Imagine what you could have accomplished without excuses.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,756

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Imagine what you could have accomplished without excuses.
    This implies that you enjoy all the aforementioned privileges listed as well.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    This implies that you enjoy all the aforementioned privileges listed as well.
    It implies I don't use excuses to feel better about my failures.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,756

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    It implies I don't use excuses to feel better about my failures.
    A textbook definition of white privilege.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    A textbook definition of white privilege.
    ^ a textbook definition losers use when they fail.

  7. #127
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't live in a warped world - I live in a Democratic Republic and Constitutional United States - where representatives of the people vote for the people AND OR when direct democracy is a ballot initiative. This is not the land of non-democratically elected officials making public policy or a non-democratically elected judicial system ruling on democracy or overruling a democratic vote...

    Hell, using your logic anarchy is "more free" so what's wrong with that?

    Come to me with a real argument instead of stunted logic....
    You obviously don't understand why we have something called a "Constitution". If you did, you would understand why the dribble you just posted doesn't hold water.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #128
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1.)I don't live in a warped world - I live in a Democratic Republic and Constitutional United States - where representatives of the people vote for the people AND OR when direct democracy is a ballot initiative. This is not the land of non-democratically elected officials making public policy or a non-democratically elected judicial system ruling on democracy or overruling a democratic vote...

    2.)Hell, using your logic anarchy is "more free" so what's wrong with that?

    3.)Come to me with a real argument instead of stunted logic....
    1.)if you did youd see this is factually an equal rights issue, your own words prove you wrong
    you dont get to vote others rights away, facts simply prove you wrong

    2.) theres that failed laughable buzz word again, "anarchy" anarchy is actually what was stopped by this

    3.) this further proves why your post fails, its not an ARGUMENT, this is factually an equal rights issue
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #129
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You want anarchy....

    Our Bill of Rights AND Constitution draw that line. Too bad our constitution is no longer controlled by the congress but rather regulated by the courts.

    Also, the Ninth Amendment deals with indentured servitudes - not gays.

    The best part about the Ninth is that the Ninth only includes amendments 1-8....

    An Amendment cannot pertain directly to a future Amendment.

    There are procedures to deal with issues such as this as (usually) addendums or repeals.
    all these documents and amendments you quote prove your post wrong wrong and others right
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #130
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Holder: Feds recognize Utah’s same-sex marriages[W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yes, our federal government cannot circumvent the constitution - which it has been doing and been making a habit of doing in an attempt of progress (meaning YOU TOLERATING THEIR TYRANNY DOING SUCH)...
    good thin on this issue it is factually not, this strawman argument will never work nobody honest and educated buys it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •