Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

  1. #11
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    How could the DOJ be following the law when this person is so clearly an Obama supporter and isn't really going to do any sort of real investigating on behalf of the electorate to whom they owe their job to?

    This appointment is just a political whitewash job, just as the alleged investigation that Obama order at the beginning of this entire thing.
    Read what I linked to again. Using a person's political affiliations as a condition of employment/appointment by the DOJ is illegal.

    Of course, you've set yourself up for a favorable outcome either way. You're apparently convinced of culpability, so either a. the investigation finds it and you knew all along, or b. the investigation doesn't find it, and you can claim it was a whitewashing.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #12
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,948
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Read what I linked to again. Using a person's political affiliations as a condition of employment/appointment by the DOJ is illegal.
    OK fine. It still doesn't change that the appointment of this person with that background isn't going to result in any sort of investigation worth a dam, just as intended by Holder and Obama. They certainly don't want this thoroughly investigated. Thats blatantly clear with the track record of this to date.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,360

    Re: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What a joke...."We are going to get to the bottom of the IRS scandal" - Barrack Obama.

    I think he meant they are slithering to the bottom of the barrel.....Shameful.

    Well it is not like they are investigating something important. Like creating a traffic jam in New Jersey.

  4. #14
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,132

    Re: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What a joke...."We are going to get to the bottom of the IRS scandal" - Barrack Obama.

    I think he meant they are slithering to the bottom of the barrel.....Shameful.
    Some one has to push the papers around and close out the files. This is a paper-pusher function, as, with all other so-called Obama scandals, there is no scandal.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

    I hope more people realize that all of these guys are playing for the same team before it is too late.

  6. #16
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

    This reminds me of the 2008 vice presidential debates hosted by GWEN IFILL. Republicans ranted and raved and got all worked up before the debates even happened because Gwen Ifill is kinda liberal. Not overtly liberal but kinda liberal and whined that she wouldn't give Sarah Palin a fair shake.

    After the debates there was not a hint of bias and Sarah Palin got thoroughly trounced by Joe Biden fair and square. In fact the V.P. debates was praised that year because Gwen Ifill did a terrific job as moderator. Republicans have pre-emptively cried wolf so many times that people without any dog in the hunt just don't care what they have to say.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  7. #17
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    This reminds me of the 2008 vice presidential debates hosted by GWEN IFILL. Republicans ranted and raved and got all worked up before the debates even happened because Gwen Ifill is kinda liberal. Not overtly liberal but kinda liberal and whined that she wouldn't give Sarah Palin a fair shake.

    After the debates there was not a hint of bias and Sarah Palin got thoroughly trounced by Joe Biden fair and square. In fact the V.P. debates was praised that year because Gwen Ifill did a terrific job as moderator. Republicans have pre-emptively cried wolf so many times that people without any dog in the hunt just don't care what they have to say.
    If the tables were turned, and it was a repub tasked with investigating an incident like this, libs, and you would be screaming just like we are now.

    Just remember what goes around, comes around.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #18
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If the tables were turned, and it was a repub tasked with investigating an incident like this, libs, and you would be screaming just like we are now.

    Just remember what goes around, comes around.
    The only reason "what goes around comes around" in your mind is because of all the spinning you're doing.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #19
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    The only reason "what goes around comes around" in your mind is because of all the spinning you're doing.
    That was pretty good, but no...For about the past three years the only thing you can count on from a progressive is the amount of projection they do.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #20
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Obama political donor leading Justice Departmentís IRS investigation

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That was pretty good, but no...For about the past three years the only thing you can count on from a progressive is the amount of projection they do.
    Oh the irony being that that is projection in it's own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •