Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 175

Thread: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

  1. #111
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Deplorable state of woman in Afghanistan?

    Sure Afghanistan isn't up to par with womans rights but they are far from the worst. Saudi Arabia, Egypt (hell, many countries in Africa), Iraq (or just about any nation where Islam is the face of the nation) are worse.

    Go read about the school bus problem in Saudi Arabia - they can't get girls to school because woman cant drive, and men and woman have to be segregated - therefore little girls cant get to school.
    how does that work to justify anything in Afghanistan?

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't give a **** if 30% want it as an "official religion" considering that only violates the First Amendment. Not only that but I HIGHLY doubt those numbers considering they come from the lying POS HUFFO.

    Also, you better believe radical Islam is in our backyard.... Most of the idiots who plot these Islamic attacks on the US ARE US BORN ISLAMIC RADICALS.....

    Not only that but we have "honor killings" here in the US - I know the progressive media has no desire to report them but they happen way more frequently than what is reported by the media.
    Those numbers were done by a polling company, YouGov Omnibus. YouGov is pretty damn accurate. If you actually read the article, 32% of American want to change the Constitution, so bye bye 1st Amendment. It can happen and happened before.. member that no booze thing we did?

    So what if they are US born? They don't live here now and the fact we known about them means they can't hide it. So it's either you accept the reality that NSA spying on everyone and their grandmother is working or it's not. If it's not then worry, if its then don't worry. I could careless.

    Again, how about you address the political power Radical Islam doesn't have? Honor killings happen and those who committed it go to jail.. That's not some massive omg, we are gonna be Muslim tomorrow or dead.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    how does that work to justify anything in Afghanistan?
    It doesn't...

    I was merely pointing out that Afghanistan is hardly one of the worst places for woman.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Those numbers were done by a polling company, YouGov Omnibus. YouGov is pretty damn accurate. If you actually read the article, 32% of American want to change the Constitution, so bye bye 1st Amendment. It can happen and happened before.. member that no booze thing we did?

    So what if they are US born? They don't live here now and the fact we known about them means they can't hide it. So it's either you accept the reality that NSA spying on everyone and their grandmother is working or it's not. If it's not then worry, if its then don't worry. I could careless.

    Again, how about you address the political power Radical Islam doesn't have? Honor killings happen and those who committed it go to jail.. That's not some massive omg, we are gonna be Muslim tomorrow or dead.
    Polls are bull****... It's quite easy to target, or to take a poll in a specific leaning community then portray the results as "Americas voice."

    Furthermore "official religion" can have many meanings... Are we talking about a House Resolution or Billy Graham as president?

    The simple fact that anyone would believe that 30% of Christians would want a theocracy is insane considering 90% of my large family (150 of us) are Christian and not a single one has ever attempted to argue for a theocracy.

    Of course people want to change or amend the Constitution/Bill of Rights - progressives would love to burn it... I'm not going to argue with that.
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 01-12-14 at 04:35 PM.

  5. #115
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    "It's what happens" nice. Would you feel comfortable repeating that very calloused statement to the families of the 18,000 dead Afghan civilians as a result of US military operations there? Americans don't understand the nuances of war, particularly protracted war like this. Americans just thought we were going to go to Afghanistan and kill the Taliban and or al Qaeda that was behind the 9/11 attacks, and thus supported the action.
    it happens is referring to them picking up our culture.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ja View Post
    it happens is referring to them picking up our culture.
    That's the problem I have - they don't need our culture - they just need less Islamic Sharia...

    The problem is that these Sharia lunatics are trying to force THEIR culture on us via terrorism.

    The only reason why they're doing it is to self fulfill prophecy as outlined in the Qur'an.

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Polls are bull****... It's quite easy to target, or to take a poll in a specific leaning community then portray the results as "Americas voice."

    Furthermore "official religion" can have many meanings... Are we talking about a House Resolution or Billy Graham as president?

    The simple fact that anyone would believe that 30% of Christians would want a theocracy is insane considering 90% of my large family (150 of us) are Christian and not a single one has ever attempted to argue for a theocracy.

    Of course people want to change or amend the Constitution/Bill of Rights - progressives would love to burn it... I'm not going to argue with that.
    Again, they want to change the US Constitution to recognize the US as a Christian nation. Hence... theocracy. Well, Rick Santorum is as bad as it gets.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're defending terrorism, right there; or at least, justifying it.
    And I have absolutely no problem with terrorism. Did you fail to understand that? It's a tactic.



    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Terrorism and guerilla warfare are different. Terrorism, is sometimes a component of guerilla warfare, however.
    No, they aren't.. they are the same thing. The point of guerrilla warfare is to strike terror into the "enemy". Terrorism is the same thing. The whole point of both is to make one feel terror.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, we don't train NGO's, nor states in guerilla warfare. We train our special operations units in guerilla warfare, so we can counter guerillas that we're engaged with and to harass conventional enemy forces. Those special operations units are combat multipliers; they don't win the war.
    Yes, we do. We run School of the Americas (known as WHINSEC) at Ft. Benning. Lot of famous dictators and "terrorist" US trained. Groups (including Delta) routinely trained during the 70's, 80's and 90's in Colombia and other South American countries. Hell, the Phoenix Program during Vietnam is a prime example of it. I never said they win wars. I said they trained and committed acts of terrorism, which they have.




    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ahh! I wondered when the America hatin' would show up.

    BTW, you're welcome for not living under a Nazi dictatorship. But, then that may not be so good, since the Austrians welcomed the Nazis with open arms.
    Dude, you just proved my point. Austrianecon is Austrian Economics. I don't live in Austria and I am actually a US citizen. So try harder.


    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, you're wrong. The Colonials defeated the Brits with conventional tactics and strategy. Guerilla warfare played a very small part of the The American Revolution. The same can be said for Israel.
    LMFAO. Francis Marion, David Wooster, William Richardson, and Daniel Morgan. The kept the British busy in the South so Washington could move in the North. Hell, American tactics during the war was to to send the militia out to harass the British for periods and once the British were stretched, on then conventional attacks would happen.

    Small part for Israel? Israelis groups such as Lehi, Haganah and Irgun bombed buildings, sent mail bombs, massacred Muslims and did everything the IRA still does. Hell, Lehi even offered Nazi Germany support if they ousted the British from Palestine. Israel exists because the British got fed up with fighting two sides.


    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The United States has produced the best and brightest soldiers in the history of the world. Austria wouldn't last a week. Might be a worthwhile venture, since there are probably plenty of ex-Nazis in Austria that need killin'.
    Seriously? You love stroking your epeen? I am not Austrian you fool. Look at the words I use. I've said we and us several times in this topic.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  9. #119
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, I'm talking about the Allied execurion of the war.
    Well, then start talking about it. I'm still not entirely clear on what your argument is.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: How hard is it to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan? Very hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Again, they want to change the US Constitution to recognize the US as a Christian nation. Hence... theocracy. Well, Rick Santorum is as bad as it gets.
    You're not proving anything - you're using the word "they" for ****s sake, then citing a poll the Huffo used.

    You're just manufacturing propaganda the non-Christian progressive masses love.

    Even if what you claim is even remotely true, I would bet my life progressives would rather have a Sharia theocracy than a Christian theocracy, just because progressives are sympathetic to brown people or people darker than they are... Their religion doesn't matter - their skin shade does.

    Also, you could bet your ass if there was ever a "Christian coupe" (lol) I would certainly fight against it and defend the Bill of Rights.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •