Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 575

Thread: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109:573]

  1. #221
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I thought he was excellent: honest, forthright and accountable. He demonstrated presidential-level leadership qualities, and I will support him for POTUS in 2016.
    those qualities would have been admirable ... and he would have remained early favorite
    IF he had displayed those traits when the story broke months ago

    hell, we showed more interest in what happened with the bridge on these boards than he apparently did

    if he is innocent, then he is inept and unworthy of the white house
    if he is not innocent, he is the crooked and unworthy of the white house
    either way, his presidential aspirations are now DOA
    and since the GOP has no one else with the charisma to win, the republican white house hopes are now trashed, too
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #222
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    those qualities would have been admirable ... and he would have remained early favorite
    IF he had displayed those traits when the story broke months ago

    hell, we showed more interest in what happened with the bridge on these boards than he apparently did

    if he is innocent, then he is inept and unworthy of the white house
    if he is not innocent, he is the crooked and unworthy of the white house
    either way, his presidential aspirations are now DOA
    and since the GOP has no one else with the charisma to win, the republican white house hopes are now trashed, too
    Obviously I don't accept your assessment, and I doubt that you really believe it either. He was lied to by people he trusted. It happens.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #223
    Student Singe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-12-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    170

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the republican white house hopes are now trashed, too
    That's a pretty crazy leap of a prediction this far out. Sounds a lot more like what you desire than anything resembling political certainty.

  4. #224
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Singe View Post
    That's a pretty crazy leap of a prediction this far out. Sounds a lot more like what you desire than anything resembling political certainty.
    do you think christie has a chance in hell of winning the white house now?

    and if not christie, who is out there in the republican party who stands any legitimate chance of winning. i don't see anyone up close or on the horizon

    christie was the GOP's last great white hope. in his case, maybe BIG white hope
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #225
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Obviously I don't accept your assessment, and I doubt that you really believe it either. He was lied to by people he trusted. It happens.
    yes, he may have been lied to
    for the last four months
    to be in change and have your immediate underlings pull of a stunt like this without your knowledge speaks to his terrible management ability
    not what we want or need in the white house
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #226
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Which brings us to Who-bio.
    Wasn't the Dream Act Senator as much of a joke yesterday as Jindal was a few years back?
    Wondering who and how many TEAs will respond to the SOTU .
    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    do you think christie has a chance in hell of winning the white house now?

    and if not christie, who is out there in the republican party who stands any legitimate chance of winning. i don't see anyone up close or on the horizon

    christie was the GOP's last great white hope. in his case, maybe BIG white hope
    Physics is Phun

  7. #227
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,544

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes, he may have been lied to
    for the last four months
    to be in change and have your immediate underlings pull of a stunt like this without your knowledge speaks to his terrible management ability
    not what we want or need in the white house

    And think of the circumstances. His high school buddy/appointee had to resign from his post a month or two ago and he somehow forgot to tell Christie why?

    Gimme a break. Only the extremely gullible can believe Christie.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #228
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes, he may have been lied to
    for the last four months
    to be in change and have your immediate underlings pull of a stunt like this without your knowledge speaks to his terrible management ability
    not what we want or need in the white house
    Again, I don't share your view and I intend to support Christie for POTUS in 2016. I have a feeling you would never have supported him in any case.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #229
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    those qualities would have been admirable ... and he would have remained early favorite
    IF he had displayed those traits when the story broke months ago

    hell, we showed more interest in what happened with the bridge on these boards than he apparently did

    if he is innocent, then he is inept and unworthy of the white house
    if he is not innocent, he is the crooked and unworthy of the white house
    either way, his presidential aspirations are now DOA
    and since the GOP has no one else with the charisma to win, the republican white house hopes are now trashed, too
    More wishful thinking.... or perhaps "hope" without the change?
    Who knows what else will come out - perhaps nothing. If nothing else and he was honest, THAT is how to take responsibility and accountability as well as take action. Christie provided a crash course on how to be a leader today. I'm hoping the WH was taking notes.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #230
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Again, I don't share your view and I intend to support Christie for POTUS in 2016. I have a feeling you would never have supported him in any case.
    on these boards i have long ago pronounced that in a race between hillary and christie, my vote will go to christie
    which means your post is very wrong
    and maybe your error is only the result of your being ignorant of the facts, like christie was of what was going on by his staffers
    and both of you have sullied your reputation with your public displays of that ignorance
    so, i am disappointed in both of you
    the only difference is, unlike christie, you would never would have had my vote
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •