Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 575

Thread: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109:573]

  1. #181
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Fox New's goal is to elect the next president. They don't want Christie and are more than happy to take him down. The same goes for most of the Conservative media.

    For what it's worth, not knowing about it or taking it seriously is kind of believable in this case because it's such a pointless act. Who shuts down a bridge to hurt a political appointment? It doesn't even make sense.
    Actually, Roger Ailes loved Christie. And he made for nice ratings.

    Fox was forced into reporting on the bridge thing - its been in the news for months.

    Fox News Has Totally Ignored The Christie-Bridge Revelations
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #182
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Watching CC news conference. I believe him. Well, as much as a politician can be believed.

    I respect him taking responsibility, albeit, in the same breath blame another party.

    My best comments would be that he is eloquent, understandable, logical, seamingly honest, convincing and, above all, he is very capable of thinking on his feet answering questions as fast as the press corp., can throw them out there, all without a teleprompter.

    Even in the hypothetical, worst case scenario of him having full knowledge and a participant of Bridgegate, I would STILL vote for him over any other republican and also over Hilda Clinton.

    But he needs to end the news conference. It's been going on too long. Every word out of his mouth is potential opponent fodder. Playing the victim card, all the while taking "responsibility," can get old quick.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    I don't love or care about how a liberal thinks Republicans should win the white house. The liberal branch of the Republican party is pretty small - for a reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I love how you kiss any chance of winning in 2016 goodbye so easily. It makes me realize that many Republicans don't even WANT to win the Whitehouse.

  4. #184
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    As a democrat, there are many reasons why I wouldnt mind if Christie actually did get into the White House, except for a big reason that he will turn off many republicans....he is anti-gun. At least, he has done nothing to reduce the gun restrictions in NJ....to me that is one nail in his piano-sized coffin on his journey to the WH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #185
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It doesn't sound to me like they did much thinking of any sort, particularly about unintended consequences.

    Were they Christie supporters? If so, didn't they think this would hurt his political career?
    I don't know. In this day and age, it's amazing to me how much is forgiven. But if I was a voter, in this case I would look for another candidate.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  6. #186
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Why because you support one and not the other, hypocrisy much?
    No, because the thread is about the actions of Chris Christie's aide, who probably had nothing to do with Obamacare.

    Why are you bringing Obamacare into it? Deflect much?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    No, because the thread is about the actions of Chris Christie's aide, who probably had nothing to do with Obamacare.

    Why are you bringing Obamacare into it? Deflect much?
    To support one and not the other is hypocrisy

  8. #188
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    To support one and not the other is hypocrisy
    Why are you supporting one and not the other then?

    I didn't realize that giving lukewarm support of a law meant that I had to support abuse of power. You can tell the difference, right?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #189
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Here's a good article about the kerfuffle.

    Chris Christie Is Shocked, Shocked To Find That Political Retribution Is Going On In Here - Business Insider

    Hard to argue with this point:
    Here’s what I don’t buy. Let’s stipulate that this hare-brained scheme was hatched by Christie’s staff and appointees without his knowledge. Therefore, he didn’t know about the lane closures or their motivations before Sept. 13, when Port Authority Executive Director Patrick Foye (a New York appointee) started complaining about them. There have been 117 intervening days, during which Christie accepted the resignations of two of his Port Authority appointees who are caught up in this scandal. I assume he and his top staff have had a lot of conversations during that time, trying to figure out exactly what happened in Fort Lee. Did his people really manage to keep him in the dark for that entire time such that he’s shocked today? If so, what does that say about his skills as a personnel manager?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Why are you supporting one and not the other then?

    I didn't realize that giving lukewarm support of a law meant that I had to support abuse of power. You can tell the difference, right?
    Both were abuses of power yet Obamacare is a much larger abuse, yet not even a whimper from you

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •