Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 575

Thread: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109:573]

  1. #161
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,818
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So if negative news comes out against a Republican, it's the media's fault?

    There's personal responsibility for you.
    No, how about blowing it all out of proportions in this case, and nary a peep if it's a Democrat / liberal / progressive?
    Like we've not seen that at all.

    I still stand by my assessment that the media is desperate to talk about anything but Obamacare, especially if it's about a Republican and an alleged scandal.

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why aren't most of Obama's people in the slammer, right now? After the Obamascare debacle, you think someone should go to jail over a traffic jam?
    Over a traffic jam? No

    Using their taxpayer funded office to extract political payback for not supporting the governor's re-election... that is against the law.

    Who all and for how long is a matter for the courts...

    As for the ACA rollout, someone should be fired, but what laws were broken and by who?

  3. #163
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and the attacks on his character - or lack of it - deserve to begin
    either christie is a liar or an incompetent ... neither trait is found attractive to the voting public
    It wasn't that long ago that the Libbos were praising Christie for kissing Obama's ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #164
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It wasn't that long ago that the Libbos were praising Christie for kissing Obama's ass.
    I know, how horrible to look at abuse of power and thinking it's bad. How could we?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #165
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    First, I don't really like Christie. But I really don't like this story.

    There's pretty compelling evidence that a few people abused their positions to retaliate against a political opponent. There's a good chance that these were criminal acts. They deserve a chance to defend themselves, but they should probably face a face wrongful death lawsuit at the minimum. Certainly we should investigate what they did and why they did it.

    But why is this about Christie? So far there's zero evidence that he had anything to do with anything. The way he handles this is very important, and the fact that it happens raises questions about his management style. But this is not a Christie scandal until we know that he did anything wrong.

    Ask yourself, how would this story be covered if Christie wasn't a frontrunner for the GOP in 2016? Don't you think this story is being pushed towards Christie purely for political reasons? And I'm not blaming just Democrats. There are more Republicans interested in taking down Christie before he has a chance to build any national momentum.

  6. #166
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    No, how about blowing it all out of proportions in this case, and nary a peep if it's a Democrat / liberal / progressive?
    Like we've not seen that at all.

    I still stand by my assessment that the media is desperate to talk about anything but Obamacare, especially if it's about a Republican and an alleged scandal.
    So the media should ignore it if it's about a Republican?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    That's the genius of the two party system. If a Democrat does something stupid and reprehensible, then it's up to the Republicans to point it out. If a Republican does something stupid and reprehensible, then it's up to the Democrats to point it out.

    and, of course, to build it up as much as possible, make it even worse than it actually is, and at times even make (bleep!) up that was never actually said or done. That way, the pundits never run out of material.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #168
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    According to the article, one person did.

    So, manslaughter charge?
    Considering the pettiness of it all and how completely intentional the bridge shutdown was I'd go for murder 3rd degree.

    Manslaughter is for accidents. These hacks did this on purpose.
    Last edited by reinoe; 01-09-14 at 12:25 PM.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #169
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    First, I don't really like Christie. But I really don't like this story.

    There's pretty compelling evidence that a few people abused their positions to retaliate against a political opponent. There's a good chance that these were criminal acts. They deserve a chance to defend themselves, but they should probably face a face wrongful death lawsuit at the minimum. Certainly we should investigate what they did and why they did it.

    But why is this about Christie? So far there's zero evidence that he had anything to do with anything. The way he handles this is very important, and the fact that it happens raises questions about his management style. But this is not a Christie scandal until we know that he did anything wrong.

    Ask yourself, how would this story be covered if Christie wasn't a frontrunner for the GOP in 2016? Don't you think this story is being pushed towards Christie purely for political reasons? And I'm not blaming just Democrats. There are more Republicans interested in taking down Christie before he has a chance to build any national momentum.
    I don't really think Christie is personally involved at all.

    It probably wouldn't be covered so much if didn't involve a frontrunner and a bridge to New York City. But Christie's potential front runner status shouldn't protect him from scrutiny. Blaming it all on the media (as some are) is really pretty lame.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #170
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - [W:77,109]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    That's the genius of the two party system. If a Democrat does something stupid and reprehensible, then it's up to the Republicans to point it out. If a Republican does something stupid and reprehensible, then it's up to the Democrats to point it out.

    and, of course, to build it up as much as possible, make it even worse than it actually is, and at times even make (bleep!) up that was never actually said or done. That way, the pundits never run out of material.
    But it should be ignored if it's a Republican! It's all the media's fault, it has nothing to do with Christie's staff or anything like that!


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •