Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 212

Thread: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Indiana permits to carry are very easy to get-so easy they are not recognized in Ohio (though ours are in Indy!)
    Well, but you have to admit that a cop who finds that the person he is controling has a gun hidden between his knees, has every right to be suspicious.

    In that situation I would rather risk the public outcry by gun advocats, that getting killed on the job.

    The option of there not being anything wrong in the first place when confronted with such a situation, is something a cop cant afford to think on his job.

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

    Interesting case really. It would be interesting to know exactly what type of work he did at that training facility and if he had permits for those items in his car or not as it doesn't mention it. I suppose we could assume that he doesn't based on him supposedly telling the trooper that he didn't have any guns in the car when there was but I would like it verified myself. But if he was an actual trainer at the facility there might be a reasonable explanation for carrying what he did...and have a license for the items. Of course I have no idea what all they train Navy Seals in so.... There is definitely more to this story than what is in the article. Think I'll with hold judgement until more facts come out.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #13
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    701

    Re: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    The cop asked a question, "Do you have any guns in the car?"
    That is a permissable question and does not constitute a seizure without cause.

  4. #14
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,698

    Re: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    4 guns is not a cache of weapons, its not even an arsenal, its a salacious headline that matters not. The explosives are the only issue here, for without proper permits explosives are only available to those in the industries that use them.
    Leaving me to wonder what his job was at the Navy SEAL training facility.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Interesting case really. It would be interesting to know exactly what type of work he did at that training facility and if he had permits for those items in his car or not as it doesn't mention it. I suppose we could assume that he doesn't based on him supposedly telling the trooper that he didn't have any guns in the car when there was but I would like it verified myself. But if he was an actual trainer at the facility there might be a reasonable explanation for carrying what he did...and have a license for the items. Of course I have no idea what all they train Navy Seals in so.... There is definitely more to this story than what is in the article. Think I'll with hold judgement until more facts come out.
    Article says the suspect is a groundskeeper at the training facility. The military rarely issues civilian license or permits to their troops. I had a military driver license for several years but it wouldn't let me drive a civilian vehicle. The military I was in would NEVER let explosives of any sort off federal property in a civilian vehicle. No way, no how.

    As far as denying a permitted firearm, many states require the CCL holder to volunteer the information at a routine traffic stop and certainly if asked by a LEO.

    The bumper sticker is a non issue, the sticker didn't prompt the search, simply a question. Upon return with the citation the LEO noticed a pistol handle between the driver's legs....THAT prompted further action.

  6. #16
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Interesting case really. It would be interesting to know exactly what type of work he did at that training facility and if he had permits for those items in his car or not as it doesn't mention it. I suppose we could assume that he doesn't based on him supposedly telling the trooper that he didn't have any guns in the car when there was but I would like it verified myself. But if he was an actual trainer at the facility there might be a reasonable explanation for carrying what he did...and have a license for the items. Of course I have no idea what all they train Navy Seals in so.... There is definitely more to this story than what is in the article. Think I'll with hold judgement until more facts come out.
    He was a groundskeeper (or something like that)
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #17
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    He was pulled over for speeding-that was PC to stop the car. To ask about the weapons due to the bumper sticker?

    I think the cop is going to be sustained on this one but I was noting what the defense should be
    To ask about weapons just because of a bumper sticker IS bull****, if that's what happened. But even if it did, that's a separate issue from the fact that when the cop returned with his ticket to tell him, have a nice day, there was a gun between his legs. Now there's a whole different thing going on. Unless that's not true.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    If you are moronic enought to hide a gun between your knees during a routine police check, you deserve to be in prison for stupidity.
    That to me is what screams the loudest about this story.

  9. #19
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    701

    Re: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    To ask about weapons just because of a bumper sticker IS bull****, if that's what happened.
    Why do you say that?

  10. #20
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Man arrested with cache of guns, explosives

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Interesting case really. It would be interesting to know exactly what type of work he did at that training facility and if he had permits for those items in his car or not as it doesn't mention it. I suppose we could assume that he doesn't based on him supposedly telling the trooper that he didn't have any guns in the car when there was but I would like it verified myself. But if he was an actual trainer at the facility there might be a reasonable explanation for carrying what he did...and have a license for the items. Of course I have no idea what all they train Navy Seals in so.... There is definitely more to this story than what is in the article. Think I'll with hold judgement until more facts come out.
    His top secret clearance will not negate improperly transporting weapons in OH.

    He sounds like a class one idiot to me.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •