Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 70

Thread: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The race card was already played in the video in the OP.
    Commenters on the video yes. But not legally yet.

  2. #52
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its about incentives-when you subsidize irresponsible behavior (or anything else) you get more of it.
    We have created incentives for people do behave like this.
    i don't disagree with this. providing more government benefits for each illegitimate child does incentivize the having of more illegitimate children


    Fundamental institutions like family are destroyed.

    This has NOTHING to do with race-or even poverty. This is a different issue, but I dont expect the left to distinguish.

    Its interesting that the poor are MORE likely to believe there are people gaming the system. Its middle class liberals that allow reality to escape them.
    but what you failed to do was explain what you are going to do for those children born into irresponsible families once you pull their benefits
    are these children going to be allowed to die because they and their parents are without adequate food, shelter and clothing?
    anyone can identify a problem. the tough work is finding solutions. thus far, you - and your cohort - cannot offer any solutions other than pulling the plug on federal benefits, which will then result in death and chaos for a sizeable portion of our population. hint: that's no solution. it's a bigger problem
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i don't disagree with this. providing more government benefits for each illegitimate child does incentivize the having of more illegitimate children



    but what you failed to do was explain what you are going to do for those children born into irresponsible families once you pull their benefits
    are these children going to be allowed to die because they and their parents are without adequate food, shelter and clothing?
    [COLOR="#FF0000"Do you see what youve done here? You are attempting to transfer responsibility to me, for the actions of another. Wellfare was intended as a brief emergency measure for needy people, now its a pandoras box of entitlement and destitution that makes people dependent, desroys families, destroys the charity structure as it once existed, and has now given us multiple generations who only continue the cycle. It mkes the wr on drugs seem well thought out.

    We also know these children wont starve to death-that doesent happen here. However, it needs to be estblished that if the parents must be responsible. This isnt social engineering, its life. [/COLOR]

    anyone can identify a problem. the tough work is finding solutions. thus far, you - and your cohort - cannot offer any solutions other than pulling the plug on federal benefits, which will then result in death and chaos for a sizeable portion of our population. hint: that's no solution. it's a bigger problem
    Have a good one.

  4. #54
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Have a good one.
    i've got a good one
    ... just don't get to use it as often as i would prefer
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #55
    Educator
    MichaelJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Last Seen
    05-25-16 @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

    Darwin knocking. Education (or lack thereof), indoctrinated generations, perpetual self fulfilling destinies.

    ANNNND



    They posted the truth. This is the painful and sad reality.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i don't disagree with this. providing more government benefits for each illegitimate child does incentivize the having of more illegitimate children

    but what you failed to do was explain what you are going to do for those children born into irresponsible families once you pull their benefits
    are these children going to be allowed to die because they and their parents are without adequate food, shelter and clothing?
    anyone can identify a problem. the tough work is finding solutions. thus far, you - and your cohort - cannot offer any solutions other than pulling the plug on federal benefits, which will then result in death and chaos for a sizeable portion of our population. hint: that's no solution. it's a bigger problem
    I agree, however "they" know it and use it as leverage. I have seen it, up close and personal, and not in 'minorities.'

    The threat of 'what about the children' is a very handy weapon that no one yet has figured out a way to diffuse. Because it works...again, I have seen it, heard those exact words, and seen the continued assistance abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    Darwin knocking. Education (or lack thereof), indoctrinated generations, perpetual self fulfilling destinies.

    And drug & alcohol abuse. Huge contributors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #58
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I agree, however "they" know it and use it as leverage. I have seen it, up close and personal, and not in 'minorities.'

    The threat of 'what about the children' is a very handy weapon that no one yet has figured out a way to diffuse. Because it works...again, I have seen it, heard those exact words, and seen the continued assistance abuse.
    so, what is your solution to the obvious problem
    you going to side with another forum member and deny the kid assistance because the child was born into an irresponsible family?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #59
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,968

    Re: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

    The government wants more people on the tit because it gives them more control over people's lives. Being able to provide your own food, shelter, and general well being gives you a certain degree of autonomy. Part of what the software of PRISM does, according to its progenitor, is it seeks out people who talk about living off the grid. "Preppers" are targets as dissidents. The more people who need government, the less likely they are to rebel. The other part is that the U.S. has to save face because American exceptionalism won't look as appealing if we have millions of starving, dying people on the streets. (Well, it's already happening, but with welfare we can claim it isn't.)

    As for the race stuff... it's a vicious cycle. There is institutionalized white privilege at every level, including in the police force. The data on this is very clear. For the same crimes, blacks and hispanics always do more time despite the same sentencing guidelines. We also have a media establishment reporting on black crime way more even though it is proportionally lower these days. On the flipside of this, we have black communities who accept this indoctrination and feel some sense of twisted empowerment by playing up to the stereotype. Youth who try to take the genuinely successful route get called uncle toms and are ridiculed by their peers who have bought into the indoctrination. They act out and break the law, which incites police to profile them, when really there is just as much "white" crime happening. I think if the institutions weren't as racist, combined with black communities having better role modeling, there would be a lot of positive changes.

    I really love the show "The Boondocks". It's hilarious, and talks about all of this.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Police union responds to controversial, viral toddler video

    The problem here is what type of primate would even find such a video funny or would entice a toddler to say and do such insane things.

    What the **** is wrong with people?

    Did these clowns really think this was going to be a cute youtube video or something when it was shot? OF COURSE THEY DID, just like with the "knockout game" videos...

    The care givers for this child should be educating him - not teaching him how to be a "jive ass fool."

    It angers me!

    Our society is in epic decline...

    IMO, that "honey boo-boo baby" (or whatever that show is called) is the same - it's just a PG version of this brute level of parenting or care giving seen in the video.
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 01-12-14 at 04:52 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •