Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 199

Thread: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

  1. #31
    Stable Genius
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,728

    Re: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not sure they work for me. Not that I'm opposed to reversing some of the redistribution we've being doing, from working man to wealthy.
    Yeah they're just ideas, not all of them good, some of them have a lot of support among revered economists. The problem is that ideas that are counter intuitive to the public are hard to gain traction on. Most people today think that anything that isn't exploitative styled capitalism is automatically marxist, communist, socialist and can't possibly be anything else. Also anything involving the government is without question bad, without even considering it.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Yeah they're just ideas, not all of them good, some of them have a lot of support among revered economists. The problem is that ideas that are counter intuitive to the public are hard to gain traction on. Most people today think that anything that isn't exploitative styled capitalism is automatically marxist, communist, socialist and can't possibly be anything else. Also anything involving the government is without question bad, without even considering it.
    Perhaps they are 'counter-intuitive' because they have been dramatic failures wherever people have had these crazy theories thrust upon them. It's always best to run your own economic system.

    Revered economists?

  3. #33
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,296

    Re: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    It is the future, and it will be incredible. We just have to shake off the old, dying, conservative disasters of the last 40 years and move forward. This will be a repeat of the New Deal and Keynesian successes.

  4. #34
    Stable Genius
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,728

    Re: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

    Believe it or not there are other ideas than the right-wing stuff you guys regurgitate to each other in your bubble. If you were to read some books by some of the leading economists in the world, you'd *gasp* find them talking about these very things. I know this is all shocking and foreign to you all but, there are other ideas out there.

  5. #35
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,701

    Re: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    It is the future, and it will be incredible. We just have to shake off the old, dying, conservative disasters of the last 40 years and move forward. This will be a repeat of the New Deal and Keynesian successes.
    more workers of the world wobbly whale crap



  6. #36
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,701

    Re: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I'd rather live off the back of hard working patriots.
    its time they shrug



  7. #37
    Stable Genius
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,728

    Re: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

    Here's an example of traitorous "other" ideas.

    Our Most Widely Ignored Public Intellectuals

    I know, I know, they're both commie douchebags.


    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more workers of the world wobbly whale crap
    Thanks for your insightful assessment.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Yeah they're just ideas, not all of them good, some of them have a lot of support among revered economists. The problem is that ideas that are counter intuitive to the public are hard to gain traction on. Most people today think that anything that isn't exploitative styled capitalism is automatically marxist, communist, socialist and can't possibly be anything else. Also anything involving the government is without question bad, without even considering it.
    There's some truth to that. But I'd still didn't see any that struck me as desirable. But I keep an open mind.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #39
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,701

    Re: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Here's an example of traitorous "other" ideas.

    Our Most Widely Ignored Public Intellectuals

    I know, I know, they're both commie douchebags.




    Thanks for your insightful assessment.
    you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger pimp in economics than Thugman



  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Believe it or not there are other ideas than the right-wing stuff you guys regurgitate to each other in your bubble. If you were to read some books by some of the leading economists in the world, you'd *gasp* find them talking about these very things. I know this is all shocking and foreign to you all but, there are other ideas out there.
    None of the ideas mentioned are new or ground breaking. I know you guys like to think you're the great minds of the future and all, but these ideas have been around for centuries. I like the new wrapping paper though.
    Last edited by Henrin; 01-06-14 at 10:51 PM.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •