Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

    LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles officials have advice for immigrants seeking a driver authorization card: study.

    They estimate 75 percent of applicants have failed the written test needed for the card under a new law that made the state the 11th nationally to offer driving privileges to people in the country illegally. The cards became available Thursday.
    Applicants must correctly answer 80 percent of 50 questions to pass the test. They also are required to pass a driving exam to receive cards. The failure rate on the driving test was not immediately available.

    “We’d much rather see people come in prepared than just come in to see if they will pass or not,” DMV spokesman Kevin Malone told KSNV-TV in Las Vegas. “You need to study the (driver’s) handbook, make sure you have all the documentation and then come on in.”

    DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card « CBS Las Vegas

  2. #2
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,638

    Re: DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

    I'm thinking it was all a conspiracy to get illegals to register with the state. The only logical reason for a 75% failure rate is that the test was biased against minorities.

    These poor, hard working people are just coming here to do jobs that nobody else is willing to do and to provide for their families and now we're denying them their natural rights based on biased testing and so called "standards". We really need to start getting rid of standards so that people can live their lives with dignity. The test is only available in English and Spanish so someone who can't read either of those languages is bound to fail. Besides, why should literacy be a prerequisite for driving? You're not supposed to be reading while driving anyway.

  3. #3
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I'm thinking it was all a conspiracy to get illegals to register with the state. The only logical reason for a 75% failure rate is that the test was biased against minorities.

    These poor, hard working people are just coming here to do jobs that nobody else is willing to do and to provide for their families and now we're denying them their natural rights based on biased testing and so called "standards". We really need to start getting rid of standards so that people can live their lives with dignity. The test is only available in English and Spanish so someone who can't read either of those languages is bound to fail. Besides, why should literacy be a prerequisite for driving? You're not supposed to be reading while driving anyway.
    Yea!

    Screw all of those traffic control signs.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #4
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,436

    Re: DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

    It is easy at least with the Mexican immigrants.

    The rules say you have to study and pass the test.

    Since they don't follow rules, who expected they would pass?

  5. #5
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,269

    Re: DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

    The bleeding hearts are going to want to just give them a license; nevermind the test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #6
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

    If there is a fee to take the test over again, then I say: BRILLIANT!

  7. #7
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

    They should be arrested and deported upon entering a federal building.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #8
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,715

    Re: DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

    I hope they dont get their money refunded if they fail. They probably dont. I also hope they have to pay full price again to retake it.

    I see an additional strategy here. I was the only one that mentioned...besides all the partisan blaming (unfounded) and other complaints that there's a fast and direct source of $$$ here for the state.

    If they make the tests too hard, then it could be win-win....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,436

    Re: DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I hope they dont get their money refunded if they fail. They probably dont. I also hope they have to pay full price again to retake it.

    I see an additional strategy here. I was the only one that mentioned...besides all the partisan blaming (unfounded) and other complaints that there's a fast and direct source of $$$ here for the state.

    If they make the tests too hard, then it could be win-win....
    I am sure it is the same test that everybody else takes.

    They just have to study to pass.

    Keep in mind, at least for the Mexicans, they buy their drivers licenses for the most part so they have never taken a drivers test in their lives.

    The driving part will be fun for the instructor. I hope his insurance is paid up.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,715

    Re: DMV: Most Fail Test For Driver Authorization Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I'm thinking it was all a conspiracy to get illegals to register with the state. The only logical reason for a 75% failure rate is that the test was biased against minorities.

    These poor, hard working people are just coming here to do jobs that nobody else is willing to do and to provide for their families and now we're denying them their natural rights based on biased testing and so called "standards". We really need to start getting rid of standards so that people can live their lives with dignity. The test is only available in English and Spanish so someone who can't read either of those languages is bound to fail. Besides, why should literacy be a prerequisite for driving? You're not supposed to be reading while driving anyway.
    Yeah, let's just lower the bar to do everything in this country, not to mention the safety issues. Sure, let's make it even less likely that people will learn and remember the laws.

    Driving is a privilege. I have no issues with measures to make it safer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •